Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: IC Thread  (Read 21825 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: IC Thread
« Reply #165 on: June 28, 2017, 12:03:34 am »

Ooops, wrong thread : (
Oooooh leafy leafy? Oooooh leafy leafy?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 08:46:43 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 28, 2017, 12:34:36 am »

Geos moves away from the tree, wall, and irrigation, and uses his Shift Earth ability to start working on digging down at a sloping angle away from the tree while packing the moved dirt into the walls to reinforce them, to check the quality of soil deeper down and to see if there is anything interesting buried.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 28, 2017, 12:57:34 am »

Aster Witheredlock
"I think I have established my superiority over you but I guess I need to help feed you. Whelp, boy follow me."
Aster helps guide the dog towards SE from the current location. Aster tries to look for any Squirrels or Birds that might be used as a dog snack.
((Note I currently don't know the dogs gender, just assuming))

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 28, 2017, 11:32:46 am »

Head south, meet the bear, and get it's attention in a friendly way.

"Hey! Big fella, what sort of animal are you? Can you even see lil' ol' me?  Hello?"
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 28, 2017, 09:11:58 pm »

Leaf Vinehead throws a rock in the water carefully to check if the large object is a creature. If it moves, he runs back to the tree. If it doesn't, then he dives underwater to check it out.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 29, 2017, 04:39:57 pm »

Autumn 4, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Rat (W): 5/5
Dog (E): 15/15
Bear (SW): 300/300
Bird x2 (E): 2/2
Robin (E): 2/2

Antler invokes Replace Dryad to voluntarily return himself to the tree, and the tree is able to birth a new Dryad almost instantaneously! Nute appears at the tree. (Warning: If RAM isn't able to post a first action within 72 hours he will be auto-replaced.)

After tripping or... something like that. I'm not entirely sure what caused the GM error. Anyway, Call finds his way to tile NN. A lot of leaves appear to be falling from the trees in this area.

Geos distances himself from his previous construction and begins to dig a hole at an angle. The topsoil appears to go down a bit over 10 centimeters. Below that, Geos has stuck Subsoil! Packing additional soil into the wall causes gravity to bring it down at the sides. The wall as it is may be better supported but its walls are now slanted which would make it easier for intruders to climb.

Aster Witheredlock attempts to establish dominance, and is able to safely coax the dog over to tile E. Aster is able to find a few birds in the area but most of them appear to be flying.

Hikari (Who didn't include her character's name, but its pretty obvious it is Hikari), moves south to tile SS, passing the bear and tries to get the bears attention from way over there. The bear ignores her however and wanders to the west. Maybe it couldn't hear her?

Leaf Vinehead throws a rock. The object does not move an inch. Leaf Vinehead jumps into the water, and quickly discovers that the water is actually connected to the river to the north. The water currents forcibly move Leaf Vinehead to tile E before he can investigate the object!

Tutorial - Action Penalties: Failure to abide by formatting rules can give your action a hidden penalty to its effectiveness.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 29, 2017, 06:09:19 pm »

Nute Travels E and looks along the river for a broad-looking shrub upon which to focus Best-Bush and establish a connection.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

quantumMastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 01, 2017, 02:42:34 pm »

Call gathers all the leaves and makes a kilt from them.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 01, 2017, 04:04:05 pm »

Geos fixes the wall so that it can still serve its original purpose using Shift Earth and moves the excess soil into the shape of defensive fortifications around the area outside the wall.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2017, 05:03:28 pm »

"If fellas as big as Him, maybe a her, can't hear little me, it's about time I got that growth spurt." Hikari returns to the tree, and casts Increase Tier. But before that...
"Well, Hiya! Welcome to, well, this Dryad tree! You are a Dryad, right? If not, who ARE you, then?"
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 01, 2017, 05:08:39 pm »

((PTW, mebbe join later.))
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 01, 2017, 05:38:26 pm »

Nute looks up at Hikari and tilts its head to the side. "This is Nute. Nute is dryad. Tree is nice!" Then continues upon its way.

((there is an out of character thread for joining. Although that would not satisfy the P.T.W. so this is not a complaint...))
Read the First Post!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 02, 2017, 05:46:31 pm »

Aster Witheredlock
"I have just the perfect idea for you dog, don't you creatures eat birds? Who cares you probably eat anything."
Aster waits until a bird lands on a tree or is somewhere on the ground than utilizes a 2.0 Shadowy Asphyxiation to sap it of its life force, and than goes to pick up the bird carcass and give it to the dog for a snack

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 03, 2017, 05:10:03 pm »

((Sorry, I don't think I can keep up.))

Leaf Vinehead moves to the tree and uses replace dryad on himself.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 04, 2017, 04:22:30 pm »

Autumn 5, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Dog (E): 15/15
Rat (T): 5/5

Nute heads to the East to look for a broad-looking shrub. The closest he is able to find is a normal looking one that is very close to the river.

Call attempts to gather all of the fallen leaves. This task proves to be difficult because there are literally thousands of them. The quality of the fallen leaves is questionable too, but thanks to the inherent bonus that Dryad's get to actions involving trees Call is still able to put some leaves together in a manner that resembles a kilt. It has no obvious practical use however.

Geos fixes up the wall by removing the dirt from the outer area, slightly reducing the walls height. Now it is only easy to climb if you already are on the inside of the wall. Geos places the extra dirt outside to make fortifications... Which are now basically just piles of dirt. It is becoming abundantly clear that dirt is not the best tool for making fortifications.

Hikari Sandashi has Increase Tier invoked upon her, and ascends to tier 2.

Aster Witheredlock casts Shadowy Asphyxiation on one of the birds, dealing 2 damage to it. The other birds fly away. He then offers the bird carcass to the dog. The dog sniffs at it a bit, then decides it would rather roll around on top of the bird than eat it.

Leaf Vinehead has difficulties escaping the river current to return to the tree, but this quickly proves to be irrelevant as this particular spell has a surprisingly far reach. Leaf Vinehead willingly returns to the tree so that a new Dryad can come forth.

Harry Bugg appears at the tree...

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23