Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, Sloped Armor and Upgraded Projectiles or no?

Yes introduce it (increases armor of a lot of tanks but also penetration, with a large favor to the german tanks)
- 7 (70%)
No please don't
- 3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Tankery 2: Season 2 - Be honest, you've given up all hope. (12/X Players)  (Read 5270 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

See the thing is the tiger doesn't have sloped armour. Which is the problem :P

That is what I said though :-0.

*SUPER EDIT**

Also, given that its much higher than all the others and 666, its safe to say that particular sloped armor assumption is a joke.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 10:16:31 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Again, I use War Thunder Wiki / Ingame stats for all my intel because even if they are modified in-game, Gaijin tries hard to have historically accurate stats. Because the fire rate is not documented on the wiki, and because it is one of the most documented pages on the wiki, we can say that it wasn't horrendous or extra special. Going into the game, 10.6 seconds is the reload time stated for an inexperienced crew. I can predict maybe a couple of seconds being shaved off with a skilled loader, but not enough to give it the ability to fire twice as fast as another tank with a reload time of 5 seconds.

Although... firing four times per round would make the T35 an absolute monster. Speaking of the T35, I noticed that the 45mm and 76mm stats are incorrect. And something should be said about it having 5 machine guns (even if they're ineffective to anything with more than 13mm of armor at point blank range).

The 45mm is the 20-K cannon, not the mod. 42. As such it has a higher velocity and as such more armor pen. 73mm at 10m, 68mm at 100m, 51mm at 500m, 35mm at 1000m.

The 76mm gun is the KT-28 cannon, which has muuuuuch less pen. 35mm@10m, 34mm@100m, 32mm@500m, 29mm@1000m, 27mm@1500m

My bad, it was later refitted with an L-10 which has 68, 53, 58, 51, 45 mm of pen @ 10, 100, 500, 1000, 1500 meters. Same gun on the T28. T28 was also given applique armor later, adding a bunch of 20mm and 30mm plates.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

It tries to look like it has historically accurate stats. They are certainly accurate enough for a game, but lets not pretend like they have any sort of authority over the subject. Rate of fire is one of the main things that would get tweaked for balance.

The L-10 was never added to the T35-they had considered the idea, but instead went with the KT-28. It also used the KT obr.1927/32 early on. They had several different 45mm on different pro-types/production models-the 19-K and the 20-K specifically. In any case the stats you listed for the 45mm are in line with what is posted ("Close" often uses the 500+ meter pen, far is usually further than 1000m). The KT-28 probably has lower penetration realistically, its current pen looks more like a 75mm gun, but the tanks with it are already useless enough that it doesn't matter :-/.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I think you're confusing War Thunder and World of Tanks. World of Tanks is the one that tweaks all of its stats.

The biggest example of accuracy over balance for War Thunder is the magic flakbus. 88mm KwK36 strapped to a halftrack. With a crew of 6 (2 in the cabin, 4 on the gun) they could achieve a maximum reload time of six seconds. Consider that the flakbus had everything going its way for rate of fire: automatic ejection, the gun crew acting like a formula one pit crew, open space, ammo in easy reach. Now consider the Tiger: Yes, it had automatic ejection, but it only had one person to load, that one person had to get the ammo (10kg) from stowage or ammorack, load the ammo and close the breech all by himself.

Oh, and the Flakbus caused such a shitstorm over having an 88mm with a 6 sec. reload that they had to balance it by making it face harder opponents. That's the only way they balance the game. Yes, they do occasionally do secret modifiers in-game but their stats are all accurate. Sekrit Dokumants komrade!

Either way... I want my SMK... *sobs*...
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Hello, Bad news i am afraid. This game is cancelled. For various reasons i am incapable of continuing this. Thus if anyone wants to take over he is free to do so. All relevant information is already posted. My own private notes are gone ( thanks to a computer switch back in late autumn) so if rules are missing i suppose you have to develop fresh ones for that.

I do apologize for hyping you guys up, but i hope the next GM will have enough time for this and give this game the time it deserves. Anyhow, cheers.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Saw that coming XP. Its fine, you don't owe us anything. Good luck with your things.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Oh no! This isn't because of me, is it?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

....Madofucker....Well shit. Hopefully something happens and the game can go on because THIS GAME MUST GO ON. Also, Insane, I think you need to develop a slight sense of humor. Just a thought.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Too bad, I was excited for this. If someone else wanted to run a game I'd certainly play.

Also, my 2 cents on the realism and adjusting stats thing - I couldn't really care less about realism in something like this. It's a game and it's supposed to be fun, so if something has to be changed for balance then go ahead and do that. If I were to run a game it probably *would* do that (or possibly making new tanks altogether with the explanation they were created expressly for the sport)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I do agree I need to lighten up. I don't think tanks should be given downright OP perks - even if its balanced by another bad quirk. Crew can't be knocked out from the majority of hits / firing twice as fast as guns which reload twice as fast are quite frankly unsuited for the tiger I. The Tiger was a good tank (and is one of my fav. in War Thunder) but it wasn't invincible.

I would try and run it but I'm bad at dedication and I don't have the tools.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have the tools but I want to play the game too. And I cant do that if I run it as well, you know...I would have to run the battles and would know my enemy's moves, which would give me an unfair advantage.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Yeah, that's the main problem I see as well
Might work if there are two GMs, who take turns running matches. Which allows the GMs to participate, if the other one GMs their game. Of course this runs into the issue of "what if both GMs end up in the finals"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You could have them tell each other the moves at the same time, and make it so that moves are final when they are declared. It's kind of an awkward system, and it means we have to rely on two people, but it might just work.

I don't have the tools, but I am interested in running the game.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Yeah, that's the main problem I see as well
Might work if there are two GMs, who take turns running matches. Which allows the GMs to participate, if the other one GMs their game. Of course this runs into the issue of "what if both GMs end up in the finals"

Three GMs, duh.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or just 1 gm who is not playing to do the matches....really we need to figure a way to get this to work.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]