Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, Sloped Armor and Upgraded Projectiles or no?

Yes introduce it (increases armor of a lot of tanks but also penetration, with a large favor to the german tanks)
- 7 (70%)
No please don't
- 3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Tankery 2: Season 2 - Be honest, you've given up all hope. (12/X Players)  (Read 5280 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Suggestions for Japanese tanks here:

- Chi-He
 - Chi-Nu
 - Chi-To (Panther-tier 75mm cannon)
 - Chi-Ri-II (Has a 75mm turret and a 37mm casemate)
 - Ho-Ni-III
 - Ro-Go (70mm turret and 37mm turret [cannot fire 37mm backwards])
 - Chi-Ha Short Gun (120mm gun, indirect fire)

Another suggestion is the use of Discord rather than IRC.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 06:46:11 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

Another suggestion is the use of Discord rather than IRC.
I approve of this suggestion
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

I quite like Discord, and we could review logs on it which is nice for people who miss games. The problem would be setting up the bot - we can't expect Ghazkull to manually check everything, it'd take too long. Although Discord bots are a thing, I don't know how they work. Although, even if we didn't use it for the game itself, we could have a Discord so we can get questions and responses faster.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 07:11:35 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I can easily find a discord bot for gaming... gimme two minutes

EDIT: https://discordapp.com/oauth2/authorize?&client_id=209040908673482753&scope=bot&permissions=0 Ghaz.This is Sidekick. He kicks. To the side. A qualified rollbot.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 07:14:53 am by Insanegame27 »
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

True, but would it be customizable enough for this system? I somewhat doubt there's anything like "TankeryBot" or something.

Edit: Also important, does it have an unhealthy obsession with track hits? :P
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 07:41:23 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Apologies but i will stay with IRC.

In other news Japanese, Polish and the rest of the Tanks for now have been added.

Also Had to go to World of Tanks wiki for the Chi-Ri the damn thing had according to the Japanese Army a 200mm penetration at 100m, i was tempted to keep it but then again...its probably just propaganda...if public acclaim says different i will change it back to 200mm for the shits and giggles and so that the japs also have something fancy to themselves.

@Insane thanks for those numbers but the problem is that American Guns, Italian Guns and generally guns from different countries worked vastly different at the same calibers...at least as far as i can see...so using American specs for the Semovente is not really working, just compare american 75mm to german ones (since those are complete) you get sometimes very different penetrations.
You can have a Tankette for effort tho if you want.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the Chi-To/Ri should be somewhat more expensive. It has penetration comparable to 2k+ point tanks for only 300 and without the drawbacks. Someone (read: Piratejoe :P ) will just replace all their tanks with these 300 pointers that can penetrate the front armor of a 5k point King Tiger :P

Personally I'd put them at 2.5k, like the Panzer V. It's got a better gun (except at long range) but weaker armor than that.

Edit: Also what's the test for breaking down on the Panzer VI? Is it like, a 2/3 chance like the Sherman catching fire or what? And does breaking down only take down the engine, or is the tank essentially knocked out sans the white flag?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 10:12:00 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Please for the love of my sanity do not use world of tanks for your numbers. War thunder wiki is 100% more accurate. https://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Type_5_Chi-Ri_II

And eh, can't knock back a freebie. I'll explain my logic a bit further tho. All we know about these two guns is their penetration at 500m. We know they're 75mm and their muzzle velocity just from wikipedia. If their muzzle velocity is similar to that of the american guns listed, then they're close enough for the purposes of the game. I'll run through the ballistics calculations tomorrow when I'm not tapping from under my blankets tho XD.

In general, any two AP shells which weigh the same fired at the same muzzle velocity will have the same penetration at all ranges. Since we know L46 can pen 90mm at 500m, just like the american round, if their muzzle velocity is the same we can figure that they also weigh the same due to energy retention and boom we have our statistics
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 09:06:55 am by Insanegame27 »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the Chi-To/Ri should be somewhat more expensive. It has penetration comparable to 2k+ point tanks for only 300 and without the drawbacks. Someone (read: Piratejoe :P ) will just replace all their tanks with these 300 pointers that can penetrate the front armor of a 5k point King Tiger :P
Well, I have the points to replace it all anyway...probably. Actually, is it possible to both be in a minor league and a major league? Or for there to be a kind of league cap so older tanks will still have a use?
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only because they're at an unreasonable price. If boosted to the price they're worth you might be able to buy two assuming you don't spend anything on facilities or training.

Edit: I somewhat doubt you can be in both Major *and* Minor. By somewhat I mean that's kinda really really unlikely because that would be kinda weird. Also, you're probably in the Major since you came in second place.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 10:49:42 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I feel as if my old mediums are now going to be used like light tanks. And Im going to replace all my old tanks sans Ten no Kitsune for obvious reasons. Will have them keep the same names though, so, I'm basically rebuilding them. As for the cost, if they cost as much as a tiger, I can by 4 of them due to the 20,000 points I got for losing. Anyway, I feel that older tanks will become obsolete and worthless unless there are some kind of 1940 tanks only league or something like that in the future...but, yeah.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Why on Earth did you get 20,000 points for losing the finals
Even the winner gets a fourth of that
Sigtext!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, the final match a larger payout. I get 50k points (FEAR THE KING TIGERS)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...But
The OP of the first Season
Says the winner gets 5k points
And everyone else gets 1k points
Sigtext!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that may be extra, I dunno.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6