Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, Sloped Armor and Upgraded Projectiles or no?

Yes introduce it (increases armor of a lot of tanks but also penetration, with a large favor to the german tanks)
- 7 (70%)
No please don't
- 3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Tankery 2: Season 2 - Be honest, you've given up all hope. (12/X Players)  (Read 5271 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Do you need my post if I'm not re-joining?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

I imagine they would need to know you're not rejoining to properly set up the brackets.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I imagine they would need to know you're not rejoining to properly set up the brackets.

I already MP'd Ghaz. I guess a new joiner could take over my team rather than create a new one if they'd be interested. I'd love to see someone lead the MIME team to victory, or what's left of it anyway.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

Well Ghaz, you already know my position, though going off the report I made these are the crew lost and currently in the KMAG graveyard

Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Position: Lost first round  :'(.

Up to date: Yes.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think you get to use that. :P

Position: Won the entire season. And my sheet isn't up to date
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do, at least against the guy whos tanks I set alight non stop.....bloody dishonorable spammer, with the new tanks your dishonorable tactic wont work again giant hopping ratman.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't need to worry about SPAM next time, I have Konigstigers :P

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Whistling innocently (click to show/hide)

I will avenge myself. Next season, after I dominate this one.

I don't need to worry about SPAM next time, I have Konigstigers :P

But konigstiger spam is best spam.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Just wanna clarify that Duntroon is an Australian team too...

nonetheless, I did try to make a purchase last season but IIRC I was told not to make a purchase until season end. eh, my sheet's up-to-date enough. gonna change some of my previously-posted purchases with the tank limit now.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Up to date: Yes.
Yes. ;_;
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Spoiler: questions (click to show/hide)

Now I'm finished venting...

Duntroon Military College - Insanegame27
Spoiler: Expenditure (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Reserves (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Facilities (click to show/hide)
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Any shell going through the front is going to kill crew. Any shell going through the sides is going to hit an ammo rack (second image).

That isn't the way the game mechanics work. Its still possible for a shot to the sides to hit the ammo racks, but if they *where* going to hit the crew that means they missed the ammo racks and would (normally) hit something else instead. The Invulnerable just means that it isn't going to do any damage 30% of the time (unless it hits the engine instead? Not really sure how the mechanics work). Its not like the ammo storage is so big that you can never miss it-especially since the other targets are the track/turret/too much to the side.

It certainly does not have 666mm effective armor; the Tiger was a box with very little in the way of slopes. 102mm frontal armor at a nine degree angle. The front glacis (the tiny bit that is angled) is 82mm at 80 degrees. The turret is 100mm thick with virtually no angle (the mantlet is between 90 and 200mm thick though) The other stats provided are incorrect, too.

That would be what it would be with a "Sloped Armor" upgrade, which is currently not implemented. It is saying that the factory standard is 100mm, but it would be 666 with the theoretical upgrade. There are ways to math up what the theoretical armor would be with armor sloped at certain angles, though the number posted is sketchy it isn't relevant.

I can't find anything on the reload rate, which would theoretically depend on how fast your reloader can manually insert the round.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

See the thing is the tiger doesn't have sloped armour. Which is the problem :P
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6