Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, Sloped Armor and Upgraded Projectiles or no?

Yes introduce it (increases armor of a lot of tanks but also penetration, with a large favor to the german tanks)
- 7 (70%)
No please don't
- 3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Tankery 2: Season 2 - Be honest, you've given up all hope. (12/X Players)  (Read 5269 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

...I have issues with this
But I am going to trust that the limitations Ghaz is gonna make will make it reasonable and not an overwhelming advantage.

EDIT: Having looked at the season 1 thread, I brought up the same issue before. rip my memory
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 01:52:04 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

Dont worry about Taricus...I have plan for him, more pain~ But yeah, points, endless points.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep that up and I'll basically make a tank fortress with a king tiger in the middle :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And I'll watch as you get hit by artillery~

Actually, speaking of, I wonder if I can get a Typ 4 ho ro
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 11:26:13 am by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Please for the love of my sanity do not use world of tanks for your numbers. War thunder wiki is 100% more accurate. https://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Type_5_Chi-Ri_II

And eh, can't knock back a freebie. I'll explain my logic a bit further tho. All we know about these two guns is their penetration at 500m. We know they're 75mm and their muzzle velocity just from wikipedia. If their muzzle velocity is similar to that of the american guns listed, then they're close enough for the purposes of the game. I'll run through the ballistics calculations tomorrow when I'm not tapping from under my blankets tho XD.

In general, any two AP shells which weigh the same fired at the same muzzle velocity will have the same penetration at all ranges. Since we know L46 can pen 90mm at 500m, just like the american round, if their muzzle velocity is the same we can figure that they also weigh the same due to energy retention and boom we have our statistics

I am sure the extra ten~ mm penetration will make a huge difference :P. For what its worth, Wikipedia lists the penetration as 75mm at 1000m. Anyway, the caliber alone doesn't tell us a lot. It tells us how wide the bullet is, but not how much powder is behind it or the aerodynamics of the bullet (greatly effecting their effectiveness at any range). Comparing it to a gun with similar muzzle velocity and bullet weight would let us make a guess at the powder, but it wouldn't tell us much about the aerodynamics of the shell. Aside from that, the muzzle velocity is significantly different than the 75mm American guns, at least what I can find. The Semovente, for example, uses the outdated Cannone da 75/46 C.A. modello 34 which has a muzzle velocity of 750 m/s m/s compared to the American 75mm L/40's 618 m/s (with M61).
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

- ASU-85 (300mm pen HEAT!)
- PT-76B (amphibious!)
Post-war.

Also, War Thunder wiki isin't great either - they modify values for sake of balance just like World of Tanks does, they just keep it a bit more realistic.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

What? War Thunder doesn't modify that for balance. Not to my knowledge anyway. War Thunder balances by what tanks you go into a match with and pits you against opponents of a similar BR.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

It does, it usually however modifies the "global" values, which is why there was time when Soviet tanks crushed everything in their path because sloped armour was too good, there was time when German 75mm was a nuke, etc, and also they constantly adjust stuff to "historical values" based on "sikrit dokuments xaxaxa".
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Ah yes... the secret things which reduced the strength of certain armor and RNG favouring the T34... That's fair. And the 75mm is still a nuke. Touche. But even so it is still extremely accurate in their pen tables. And they adhere to actual armor thickness and angles and keep everything as real as possible. All DATA that they show is accurate, even if it is modified in-game.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Eh, I suppose. Except that for instance Maus has 20mm (220mm, instead of 240mm) less of frontal armour due to reasoning it has the V1 turret (which either means the turret that was just test weight, without gun and all, or the test production turret that had wrong dimensions to be even mounted), not to mention it seems to suffer from the same "poor steel" thing the Tiger II suffers ...realistic historical depiction, because otherwise the Russian (and American tanks would have trouble penetrating the front... meanwhile Russians get post-war shells because HISTORY, while Germans often lack them (FOR LONGEST FUCKING TIME THE APCR IN TIGER REQUIRED YOU TO GET TIGER E WHICH HAD HIGHER BATTLE RATING ASFSDFSDGS), because REALISM COMRADE.
I mean fuck, I don't want to sound like a Wehraboo, but if you're deciding to go full on realism with adding modifiers based on non-design related properties like worse quality steel, or shitty machining, or logistical problems with delivering ammunition, then do so for all damn tanks, not just select few, while the rest gets best possible stuff from the end of it's service.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, so...Is everything ready and set up or should I wait before trying to buy stuff.

Also is the Ke-to able to cozy up or not? Because it doesn't have the quirk.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 12:03:55 am by piratejoe »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Were you thinking of a tank cap, and if so how high will it be?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On the same note - if there is a cap (which was implied), will it be based on quantity of tanks, or on point costs?

Personally, I find the latter one the better of the two, as it accounts for the quality of tanks as well as quantity, so it'll make sure that both sides have reasonable odds.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Onus will be on number since the only reason i implement that is not for game balancing reasons but for the simple reasont that otherwise matches become impossible to manage. With 20 Tanks per team you spend at least an hour on each turn which is a horrific amount.

Tank limit per team will thus be ten tanks per match.

Now with that solved on to the next stuff: Ke-To will be able to cozy-up once im done updating.

That being said:
ALL PLAYERS FROM SEASON 1: i need your previous spot from the last season, and a mention whether your sheet is up to date (that is the one on the first page), irrelevant whether you still want to buy stuff. I am solely referring to last season. THe Winners of last Season that is Australia and Kyoko get 30k and 10k respectively in final earnings.
I apologize for this inconvenience but since i got a new pc a good chunk of notes have been lost. Thank you for your cooperation

EDIT: is somebody familiar witht he conversion of sloped armor?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 06:07:49 am by Ghazkull »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It looks like my most recent purchase was not counted, but I'm fine with that and would request it remain such as it was rushed and poorly thought out and I have a better plan now with those funds. The purchase was after my loss, anyway, and didn't effect anything.

My place in the previous season was that I won my first match and lost my second.

Edit: Also, what's stopping someone from fielding nine Panzer VII's and pretty much going "gg" (apart from the somewhat negligible maintenance costs, solved by not spending *all* your money on it):P
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 02:12:20 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6