Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, Sloped Armor and Upgraded Projectiles or no?

Yes introduce it (increases armor of a lot of tanks but also penetration, with a large favor to the german tanks)
- 7 (70%)
No please don't
- 3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Tankery 2: Season 2 - Be honest, you've given up all hope. (12/X Players)  (Read 5278 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

PTW
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

IN. So fucking in. Updating and paying shites now.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Duntroon Military College - Insanegame27
Spoiler: Expenditure (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Reserves (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Facilities (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Sorry for doublepost
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 03:31:19 am by Insanegame27 »
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

It's not about getting off cheap, it's about the schools collectively going "hey, let's not prepare at all for the next season" :P

(Also the healing thing
It's not actually specified how you heal people
And if it's a time thing my people should be healed anyway since there were several matches the school sat out already :P )

and there goes my plan to buy a Panzer VI, a Tank Workshop, and an engineering crew to keep the Panzer VI running :P

On a serious note though, what kind of checks *are* engineering checks? There isn't any mention of how they're rolled or what their difficulty is in the system section.

Also can I train my medical team in engineering if I did buy a Tank Workshop

As i said i have to update the schools and that is when i will look at the matter mroe closely for now nothing will be changed.

Engineering Checks are the same as you get when you have a fire or a fuel leak or something similiar, its a simple test to try and repair stuff. It will be a normal Engineering Test to keep them running, that is one without a modifier. If you fail it takes a +2(difficult) engineering test to fix it.

No you can't train the Medical Team in it, they are just there to fix and save people if they arrive in time. But yeah still on with the updating so please be patient...

As for Insanegame please do NOT post any buy orders yet, i am still updating and much of what is posted is subject to change. Plus i need to lay down some rules in regards to tank numbers and fielded numbers but we'll get to that when its time.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Sorry for being impatient, it's because I really enjoyed the last season and am looking forward to this one.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Sorry Ghaz! I did leave myself a buffer of 1k in case you changed prices and to change stuff pending rules

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No problem, its just gonna take some time longer since i am not as flush with time as i'd wish i'd be. Anyway updated tanks, now with new Brits, Americans and SEMOVENTE! Sadly stats for the p40 and the 75/46 are barely available.

Especially the 75/46 is only ever shown as german model and they dont even have a penetration table of it...and the germans had penetration tables of EVERYTHING.

Anyway that 75/46 is some damn good tank, especially since the italians produced it. - that is on paper it looks damn good.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the way, what were the rules for selling tanks? Do you get full price or half price of what you paid, assuming you repair the tanks first? And can you sell to other players?

Edit: Figured out purchases, just waiting until we're allowed to do so, to make appropriate adjustments if neccesary. I've got 3 pages of it comparing tanks so I know which I want more, math-ing out how much it takes to buy them, comparing crews and assigning them to proper tanks, figuring out the training...

Edit The Second: I think you should clarify if this game is accepting anyone else. The "12/X Players" may confuse some people.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 05:17:37 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Tank suggestions:
- SMK (76.2mm + 45mm, 2 crew tank)
- SU-122
- SU-152
- SU-100Y
- ISU-122
- ISU-152
- ASU-85 (300mm pen HEAT!)
- T-80 (3s reload!)
- PT-76B (amphibious!)

I'm fairly sure your pen tables for some things are off too. Shermans with a 76mm gun had a much more powerful round than the 75mm gun.
- LVT(A)(1) (Amphibious, two-crewed)
- M3 Lee
- M4A1 Sherman
- M4A3(76) Sherman
- M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo
- M4A3E2(76)W Sherman Jumbo
- M4A3(105)
- M6A1 (two crew, 76mm + 37mm)

EDIT: Americans

EDIT Mk. II: Some assorted tidbits
 - HE does not discriminate at range or at angle. Hitting dead on from 100m is the exact same as hitting at 60 degrees at 2km.
 - Unlesh firing HESH or HE, British anti-armor shells do not explode. American 37mm guns found on Stuarts, Lees and M6 do not fire APHE rounds either.
 - APCR is utterly defeated by slopes. Same deal with APDS.
 - HEAT acts as both HEAT and HE shells. It explodes and if the armor is thin enough, that explosion can and will deal serious damage. Landing a 122mm HEAT onto a BT8 will kill it with the HE effect, let alone the penetrator
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 05:37:04 am by Insanegame27 »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right now all tanks are using APCBC shots, since those are common amongst all nations i could find and since most penetration tables have them in there. for the germans that means  Panzergranate 39 by the way.

I am considering entereing sloped armor and introducing other shots but that would by far amp up german penetration on average by 20-40mms

Even so i will NOT introduce various shells, i only did that for the StuG because there it had such a huge impact. So that means that some tanks will be upgraded to APC Shells or HEAT or whatever the hell gives them a higher penetration. That said i am still fiddling with this to a satisfying degree.

As for tanks and assault guns, for now there will be no ISUs no Hetzers(and various tank destroyers of the german tanks) and certainly no more Shermans beyond the Firefly at some point. The ISUs, German Tank Destroyers and other countries tank destroyers might be introduced at a later date.

All of that being said thanks for the extra info!

On another note whosoever finds proper penetration tables for the Semovente 75/46 and the P40 will get them for free. that is i need 100m, 500m, 1000m and 1500m distances for APCBC shots. failing that really any shot will do.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

75mm L46 (On the Semovante) can pen 90mm at 500m... That's all I can find.

75mm L34 (on the P40) can penetrate 70mm at 500m... that's all I can find.

Editing after finding a shell I can compare it to with known ballistics...

EDIT: M72 shot, 75mm from the M1987A4 gun, Has the following at 10, 100, 500, 1000, 1500 and 2000m : 108mm 107mm 90mm 74mm 60mm 50mm. 90mm at 500m. Same as the L46 Semovante.

EDIT: M62 shot, 75mm from the M2 gun, has 79mm 78mm 72mm 65mm 58mm 52mm pen at the same ranges
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 06:03:17 am by Insanegame27 »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

Oh, so this is the new thread...okay...

I'll buy stuff once new Japanese tanks are added....if none are planned to be added this season then....why must you do this to me?
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because Japanese tanks were bad? :P
Sigtext!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

No its not that Japanese tanks are bad, its just compared to things like bloody king tigers and IS 2's, tanks like the ha go and chi ha are kinda old....Hopefully a Type 98 Ke-Ni and Type 3 Chi-Nu are added...or something else....
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can't wait to get my mitts on a squadron of King tigers. Give those some expert gunners and EVERYTHING it shoots at dies.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6