Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, Sloped Armor and Upgraded Projectiles or no?

Yes introduce it (increases armor of a lot of tanks but also penetration, with a large favor to the german tanks)
- 7 (70%)
No please don't
- 3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Tankery 2: Season 2 - Be honest, you've given up all hope. (12/X Players)  (Read 5268 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Tankery II

Hello and welcome back to Tankery II - Season 2. If you have no idea what this is here are the links to the previous games:
Tankery I
Tankery II - Season 1

Tankery is basically a game in which you the players represent a series of Sports Teams, which drive tanks and shoot at each other. These matches are vastly more deadly than in the original anime i got the inspiration from but otherwise its the same game.

We will have a rule change this time: There will be Two Leagues. Since in the last Season it already became apparent that the difference between winning and losing teams was growing ever greater i decided to split the leagues. We will have a six team major league, wherein the best teams play against each other and a minor league for all the rest, so that lesser teams or newer teams can have matches and win.
To make things more interesting and keep social mobility viable, Minor League will grant lesser monetary values but you get special tanks and teams from victories. More specifically you get unique prototypes that aren't available otherwise.

To the new guys, you may ask what tanks are available: generally only World War II-Era Tanks and Prototypes. the prototypes will be special and only be winnable in specific matches.

Spoiler:  Tanks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  School Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Facilities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Traditions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Special Crew Traits (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Some of the Rules (click to show/hide)

Finally i will for now add all schools that participated in the previous season(s) to the sheets below, i will contact you via pm to check if you are still interested in continuing, but if you are already reading this a post in here will save me lots of time.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tanks
German Models
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Soviet Models

British Models

American Model(s)

Italian Models

Japanese Models

French Models

Swedish Models

Polish Models
Finnish Models[/u]

BT-42
Speed: 5,2 (7,2)
Manouverability: 85 (105)
Front: 50mm
Side: 35mm
Back: 35mm
Bottom: 8mm
Top: 8mm
Main Gun: 114 Psv.H/18 (114 mm)
Penetration: (115mm/110mm/110mm)
Range: 375km

Quirks:
Cozy-Up
Can't Touch This: Ignores Track Hits. After Second Track Hit speeds up to 7,2 moves per turn and a manouverability of 105. A third hit to the tracks will however knock the tank out.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 06:32:18 am by Ghazkull »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Universities/Schools

WIP!

Schola Progenium - Kot
Spoiler:  Schola Team (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Reserves (click to show/hide)

Heidelberg University - Player Kashyyk

John and Nick Academy - Stirk

O'Haley Girl's School - Twinwolf

Moscow Institute of Mechanical Engineering - Sheb

Sydney School of Mechanized Warfare - Taricus
Spoiler: Current Team (click to show/hide)

Duntroon Military College - Insanegame27

PATHOS - (Pat)riotyczna i (Ho)norowa (S)zkoła Walki Pancernej. - Sabretoothtiger

Ostwind School of Practical Mechanics - Playergamer

Mid-Atlantic Academy - Wolfhunter 107
Spoiler: Mid-Atlantic Academy (click to show/hide)

Kyoko's Military Academy for Girls - piratejoe
Japanese Traditions
Spoiler: Reserves (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:12:10 am by Ghazkull »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

JANA will rise from the flames like a Phoenix, crushing our enemies to dust as we claim our rightful place in the major league! *angry fist shaking*
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Where is my 10TP that is basically less armoured but also has "Can't Touch This"? ;_;
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Does the 38(t) still come with indirect fire for some reason?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

nope the 38(t) will have no indirect fire anymore...as for the 10tp *shrugs* still doing updates, this will take a few days yet till its finished

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Since it's a new season, maybe tanks should be repaired, wounded crew healed, and dead crew replaced in the manner as a new school? It makes no sense that the schools wouldn't be fixing up tanks and training new crew between seasons :P

Also: Is there going to be any change to how crews get skills? Because to be honest, losing even a few Gunners can completely cripple a school because they can't hit anything anymore.

Edit: Also-also, could you clarify how you'll be determining the difference between a team capable of the Major Leagues and the Minor Leagues? How will moving up or down work?

Edit the Second: Maybe the Tank Workshop should allow the hiring of Engineering crews and vehicles, similar to how the medical facility allows the hiring of medics and their vehicles?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 12:31:40 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

I'd like to take part, but I won't have reliable, regular access to the internet for quite a while at least.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

PTW. By the way, the Panzer is a steal at only 2.5 points!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

German writing system we write our thousands with "." and our decimals with ","

Major league consists of the six best teams, which will currently at the start be the 6 highest placed of last season.

The Schedule will run at something like this: Minor League Game, Major League Game, MLG, MJlG, MLG, MJLG, MLG, Promotion Tie.

In Short you will be randomly selected to play against each other the ones with the most victories going to the top, the ones with the least going towards the bottom. After Eight Games the lowest ranked Major League Team and the Highest Ranked Minor League Team will play a Promotion Tie. IF the Minor Leaguer wins he graduates upwards and gets a substantial cash prize, while the major league team descends to the Minor Leagues. Losses and victories will carry over so it might very well be that if you lose your promotion tie you might still be much better in terms of wins and losses than some major leaguers.

The Minor league initial ratings will also be according to how you performed previous season with newcomer teams at the very bottom in the order they arrive.

Crews get the skills the same way making skilled crews important and prized, plus you can probably sell them off to richer teams if you feel like it.
And yes losing gunners can cripple you for a while, thats why i introduced Minor Leagues, to keep the less successfull teams from getting curbstombed by the more successfull ones and thus allow them to recover.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

When do you expect the first game will take place?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which teams would that be? Mostly asking if mine will be in major leagues or minor leagues unless someone above me in rank drops out :P

And what about the thing I mentioned - asking if tanks and out of action crews will be repaired/healed, and replacement of dead crew members. Even if those crew members aren't replaced like first-time crew are generated, it does stretch belief that the schools wouldn't try recruiting anyone after the last season.

Also, I think you may not have seen the edit: What about the idea of the tank workshop being able to provide Engineering crews and vehicles for them? I say this mostly because there are a few things that mention Engineering checks, but no Engineering crews.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 01:03:19 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't finished updating so i can't give any definitive answers on games, major or minor leagues yet. It will take at least one or two days mroe till im finished adding and balancing (to the best of my ability, which is questionable ^^) tanks and updating the schools.

As for damaged tanks and so forth, you can repair, replace, buy and so forth at the beginning of the season once everything is up to scratch. No automatic replacements and healing though :P not getting off that cheap.

And for now a no on Engineering Teams.the only reason i put in med teams is the ridiculous amount of death going on. (not that i mind the deaths, thats a clear case of "its not a bug, its a feature")

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not about getting off cheap, it's about the schools collectively going "hey, let's not prepare at all for the next season" :P

(Also the healing thing
It's not actually specified how you heal people
And if it's a time thing my people should be healed anyway since there were several matches the school sat out already :P )

and there goes my plan to buy a Panzer VI, a Tank Workshop, and an engineering crew to keep the Panzer VI running :P

On a serious note though, what kind of checks *are* engineering checks? There isn't any mention of how they're rolled or what their difficulty is in the system section.

Also can I train my medical team in engineering if I did buy a Tank Workshop
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 02:36:38 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6