Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Age of Eskellion! (A Scoopbeard Suggestion Game)  (Read 917 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Age of Eskellion! (A Scoopbeard Suggestion Game)
« on: May 02, 2017, 09:57:25 pm »

-AGE OF ESKELLION-
A game of greed, avarice, and suggestions--lots of suggestions.

*Recent history overwrites what you read in the Background, which is mostly to give you sense of the Empire and the world. (In case something conflicts.)
Recent History
Eskellion has just survived one of the bloodiest civil wars in it's long history, a conflict that it has been embroiled in for almost three hundred years. In that time it has had almost no contact with the outside world, let alone the wider galaxy. Much has changed. The fragmented Empire's maps are wildly out of date, even it's own planet is now largely unknown to them. No doubt, there are many unknown threats to the Empire from without. Perhaps the most dire threats however, come from within--despite the peace, tensions are as high as ever as the Major clans resume their great game; criminals, heroes, and adventurers flock to Clan Leggetonne's lawless wilderness, and a mysterious illness sweeps over The High Crag. Even more insidious are the plots within Eskellion Proper itself as the eldest son of Emperor Malcolm died suspiciously not even a year ago, his lands now in his father's hands. Thankfully, not all is lost--after an age of blockade, imports and exports flow through Eskellion's newly revitalized economy like breath through a man coming out of a coma and the Civil War has produced some of the finest leaders, heroes, and experts the Empire has ever seen. Who will lead Eskellion onto the Galactic Stage? Is such a feat possible?

*Refer to the end of the Background to find out who/what kind of person these dudes are.
Who Are You?
A.) Emperor Malcolm of Eskellion.
B.) One of the Princes of Eskellion Proper.
C.) Chieftain Blackreach.
D.) Chieftain Highcrag.
E.) Chieftain Dorummas.
F.) Chieftain Leggetonne.
G.) A Minor Clan Chieftain.
H.) A Marcher Lord -- a largely ceremonial Minor Chieftain having sworn fealty to the King of Eskellion Proper following an ancient pact.
I.) A Tribal Warlord belonging to one of the Clans.
J.) "There is another..." (include your own suggested character.)
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Eskellion! (A Scoopbeard Suggestion Game)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 10:06:41 pm »

Reserved I guess, in case of stuff.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 09:15:12 pm »

B.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 12:08:10 pm »

B: Prince Robert of Eskellion
You are the youngest of Emperor Malcolm's sons. Within your lands lays the fabled 'Prince Wulfgar's Keep', the military information and administration capital of the Kingdom, and indeed, the Empire. Upon the conclusion of the Civil War your Father has ordered you and your brothers on exploratory missions to reopen diplomatic communication and engage in profitable trading. Being the youngest of his sons, Emperor Malcolm has offered you first choice in assignment as a gift. In a small, firelit room full of hunting trophies and ancient battle honors your brothers sit back and smile, clanging their champagne glasses to you. Your Father wraps his arms around your shoulders and asks you...

Where Will You go...
A.) To explore this world. There are many nations and peoples who we have forgot, and perhaps more dangerous things.
B.) To explore the local star system. There was once an age of great colonization and settlement, perhaps some of these colonies have survived, even thrived.
C.) To explore the wider universe. Though borders shift, we still retain the coordinates of many ancient trading outposts, where many exclaves of Eskellonians have lived for generations.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 12:38:16 pm »

B

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 03:10:56 pm »

B
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 06:56:33 pm »

B: The Local System
Your father smiles and claps your shoulder before telling you, "You were always one for adventure, Robert. I will make all the necessary arrangements. Speak to Admiral Menthas once you have packed your things. He will be handling the organization and logistics of the expeditionary forces." He turns to your brothers, "Eric you will reestablish diplomatic ties with those worlds on which we have trading outposts, renewing leases where necessary. Francis, you will handle the charting of our great world's many nations. I am sure a great many alliances can be made in our backyard." Your father sips his own champagne glass, "A toast then, to adventure!" You all give three cheers before Emperor Malcolm is called away, the conversation with your brothers continues long into the night... as does the drinking. Before you know it, you are in a lavish guest room wildly hungover.

The Admiral -- later
Ready to get underway, you hover just outside Admiral Menthas' office. You manage to slip inside between crowds of naval officers and civilian captains. The smartly dressed, silver-haired fox addresses you, "Ah, Prince Robert, how pleasing to see you again. I have heard that you will be... accompanying us on our great quest!" You begin to speak up, but he cuts you off, "I am afraid, however, that since we have reopened our spaceports we have been dealing with a high volume of traffic. Understandably. Unfortunately, we have recently received threats of terrorism from some more... conservatively minded members of society. As such, The bulk of our fleet is wrapped up in peacekeeping and border control activities. Not that I expect you to disagree, but let me make it clear Emperor Malcolm has given me full authority in this matter. That leaves us with fairly limited options to explore our local system. For your use, we have refitted an old Bearclaw-class Frigate. I am sure you will find it to your liking. And once last thing--I have prepared a dossier on the expeditions preparing to depart. Take a moment to decide whom you wish to accompany." He tosses you a file with the bios of ship captains and their fleet complements.

Which Expedition do You Join?
A.) Captain Josian and the expedition to Asteriod J-117. The smallest expedition with only 4 ships. The colony of J-117 was a simple mining outpost, does it still operate?
B.) Captain Yousef and the expedition to Royria VI, The Garden Moon. 7 ships. The colony on Royria VI was a rural community supporting a terraforming project. That technology has since been lost; can it be recovered?
C.) Commodore Wesley and the expedition to Highpoint Station. The largest expedition with a staggering 20 ships. Highpoint Station was an almost legendary installation involved in weapons research--its location is not precisely known. That data could modernize the Empire's ancient space fleet.
D.) Demand your own expedition. With blackjack and hookers!

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 01:34:55 pm »

B
Max avatar size is 80x80

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 03:22:11 pm »

C
Bigger fleet, more potential for renown. And potentially better space fleet!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.