Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I need help...  (Read 766 times)

JakeSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I need help...
« on: May 02, 2017, 09:48:10 pm »

ok so a friend of mine wants an jackal-man race playable and all that...something Anubis esc....I cant seem to get it right so i'm turning to external help...
VALLHALLA HUNGERS!!!
-JakeSlayer

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: I need help...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 10:00:31 pm »

Jackal men already exist and are located in creature_tropical_new, you can make them playable in Adventure Mode by adding the [OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE] tag. They should already be playable like any other animal man, but the existing [LOCAL_POPS_CONTROLLABLE] tag relies on populations created on worldgen that may not exist in every world.

Did your friend mean for them to be playable in Fortress Mode?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 10:08:01 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

JakeSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 01:39:21 pm »

Wow the one thing I didn't check under the logic "What kinda jackal lives in the jungle"...welp now I feel dumb...
VALLHALLA HUNGERS!!!
-JakeSlayer

JakeSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 01:40:25 pm »

yes and no too your question she wants them to be a CIV eygpt based obviously and weak one-v-one but strong in numbers...
VALLHALLA HUNGERS!!!
-JakeSlayer

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 02:04:40 pm »

I guess you could make a copy of the dwarf entity with a different name and jackal men switched in instead of dwarves. You might want to ask the Furry Fortress creator for more advice.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!