Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: SORRY,but I have some question want to know  (Read 5669 times)

xtw136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SORRY,but I have some question want to know
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2017, 06:55:12 am »

- Mercs never petition for citizenship, only for residence.
- Performers and researchers petition a second time (for citizenship) about 2 years after becoming residents.
- There's a bug that stalls meeting queues if the individual who held the office at the time a meeting was decided upon is replaced through an election (for the mayor) or death (through unfortunate accidents, etc.). The meetings can be continued if the previous office holder is reinstated (for a mayor who lost an election), but might stall again if there are meetings scheduled with the new office holder. If the previous office holder is dead, the only known way to get the queue moving is to kill off the ones at the front of the queue until you get to those who are scheduled to meet the new office holder. The location of the meeting queue has not been identified, so you'll have to guess who might be at the front of the queue (Legends Mode info can probably tell you when they arrived at the fortress, and thus their likely order in the queue). I don't know if the second petition is set to occur exactly two years after the first one, or if there's a random factor involved.
People from outside can still attend meeting to merc or perform in my fortress , some perfomers attend meeting second times occasionally ,but I can't receive their applications.the queue you said is use for both citizens or others? Or the citizens and others use different queue?I have to kill both front of the queue for citizens and others?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 07:11:50 am by xtw136 »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2017, 07:50:37 am »

If you do get petitions (i.e. new entries on the petition screen) the petition queue is not blocked. If you look a people and their info display that they are going to petition but nothing appear the queue is probably blocked (or the office holder is inaccessible, such as e.g. locked in somewhere where they're unable to perform their duties, which is sometimes done with vampire mayors).

The reason I say queues in plural is that I think there is one queue for each applicable office. The expedition leader handles everything, but barons (etc.) take over some (diplomatic) duties while mayors take the rest, so the queue ought to split there. Since residence and citizen petitions go to the same office, they should all go into the same (mayor) queue (together with citizens who want a shoulder to cry on/a face to yell at).

xtw136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2017, 08:08:43 am »

If you do get petitions (i.e. new entries on the petition screen) the petition queue is not blocked. If you look a people and their info display that they are going to petition but nothing appear the queue is probably blocked (or the office holder is inaccessible, such as e.g. locked in somewhere where they're unable to perform their duties, which is sometimes done with vampire mayors).

The reason I say queues in plural is that I think there is one queue for each applicable office. The expedition leader handles everything, but barons (etc.) take over some (diplomatic) duties while mayors take the rest, so the queue ought to split there. Since residence and citizen petitions go to the same office, they should all go into the same (mayor) queue (together with citizens who want a shoulder to cry on/a face to yell at).
So my queue is not blocked, because i still have petitions from others.However i can't receive petitions from citizens...
Could the meeting break by using too much time? Visitors don't need to eat or drink ,but the long-term residents needs.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 08:12:28 am by xtw136 »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2017, 09:35:36 am »

My understanding of the queue is that the character at the front of the queue seeks out the office holder as a regular job assignment taken up when finishing a previous job. It's probably of a lower priority than dire eating, drinking, and sleeping, so it can probably be broken off if the office holder is unavailable for a a long time. However, petitioners and diplomats follow the office holder around when he's performing other jobs, but the queue should not progress until the citizen petition has been processed.

To me it seems you either have mercs or your residents haven't yet gone through their 2 year waiting period.

Another possible issue is that the pop cap/strict pop cap settings may do something funny, but I haven't heard any mention of such an issue.

xtw136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2017, 11:49:07 pm »

My understanding of the queue is that the character at the front of the queue seeks out the office holder as a regular job assignment taken up when finishing a previous job. It's probably of a lower priority than dire eating, drinking, and sleeping, so it can probably be broken off if the office holder is unavailable for a a long time. However, petitioners and diplomats follow the office holder around when he's performing other jobs, but the queue should not progress until the citizen petition has been processed.

To me it seems you either have mercs or your residents haven't yet gone through their 2 year waiting period.

Another possible issue is that the pop cap/strict pop cap settings may do something funny, but I haven't heard any mention of such an issue.
Can I shorter the time using to meeting or make the priority higher?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2017, 03:05:18 am »

As far as I know the timer for the resident->citizen petition interval has not been located by DFHack. Meeting priorities cannot be set, but you can remove all labors from your mayor so the only things done are need satisfaction and occasional meetings.

xtw136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2017, 07:00:17 am »

As far as I know the timer for the resident->citizen petition interval has not been located by DFHack. Meeting priorities cannot be set, but you can remove all labors from your mayor so the only things done are need satisfaction and occasional meetings.
I can remove labors from mayor,but I can't remove eating or drinking from performer....

xtw136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2017, 07:15:33 am »

Can I just reduce the FPS this game use? I have DFHACK but I don't know how to use...

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2017, 08:12:19 am »

(Usually, people seem to want to increase the FPS...  ;))

Doesn't need DFHack, it's an option in the vanilla installation. (And thus whether or not you have an LNP bundle and/or installed DFHack yourself.)

That should make sense, but ask for further clarification if you need it.

xtw136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2017, 08:40:27 am »

I am not good at english...

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2017, 09:08:41 am »

Once we know what you don't understand, we can help. (Maybe the Wiki just needs a slightly better explanation.)

In short(ish), though, you can apparently press (Alt and - keys, together) to decrease the maximum allowed framerate from the configured setting. You can also edit a text file (init.txt, which has various other things you might be interested in fiddling with, when you're ready) to have that maximum lowered to start with.  If the Lazy Newb Pack doesn't have a means to do this, I'd be surprised, but any text-editor can help you do it manually.

I have no idea if you have ever used a text editor, though, so maybe that's what you need to know about. Or you just don't know about the directory structure of the game. Or maybe you are unfamilar with keybindings.  Tell us what you can, and we'll fill you in on the next step.

(Maybe you could identify your mother tongue? There might be someone here who can translate, or point you at a ready resource in your prefered lingo.)

xtw136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2017, 09:34:06 am »

Thanks I mean I can't write english very well.I can still read it .

xtw136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2017, 09:38:09 am »

I just want to reduce the time use of meeting...the meeting almost need an hour to end...

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2017, 10:02:53 am »

No there is no way of affecting the time most things take.

Lowering the FPS means the game runs slower, so whatever took 1 minute at 100 FPS not takes 2 minutes at 50 FPS, so it's not a frames:game speed ratio; that ratio is locked to 1:1. However, if DF is running at 100 FPS I believe it can be increased to run faster by raising or removing the cap of 100. If the FPS is lower than 100 increasing the cap won't give you a faster CPU, though.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2017, 10:05:15 am »

Thanks I mean I can't write english very well.I can still read it .
(Good, because I'm not exactly using simple language, so I was worried I'd be inconsiderately incomprehensible!)

I just want to reduce the time use of meeting...the meeting almost need an hour to end...
Game time, or playing time?  If the latter, faster FPS will have events (that are going to happen) happen in less real-time to you.

(Just been ninjaed on this.)

I thought you were having problems with too many things happening at once and wanted to draw it out (without pausing - by far the easiest way to check everything you want, at once, and you are forced to pause whist micromanaging anyway) to have less game time per time sat at your computer desk/wherever.

Still, maybe raising the FPS cap is, after all, something that would be useful to you. Or not. Maybe you just have to learn to love the challenges of this game. If things go arse-over-tit because of a stuck meeting queue then you can at least learn other things about fortress design, then get better (and maybe avoid meeting queue weirdness) in your next fort.  That's pretty much how this game works, anyway.  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4