Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: SORRY,but I have some question want to know  (Read 5670 times)

xtw136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SORRY,but I have some question want to know
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 07:06:32 am »

I'm back.I want to build a swimming pool, but water always dry quickly.I found some picture show a swimming pool with the 3/7 or4/7 water is possible, so how could it works?

oldmansutton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 10:28:54 am »

Make lots of little 1x1 pond zones.  There is only 1 fill job per pond, so having multiple small ones will make it (hopefully) fill faster than it evaporates.

Also can get creative with floodgates and rerouting water from a stream, etc.
I suggest using kilokittens. As cats are 10X the volume of kittens. That way, 50 cats would be .5 kilokittens.

100 cats would be 1 kilokitten.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 11:07:39 am »

Or (to get 3/7ths or 4/7ths reliably)  combine the two. Small pool-zone (perhaps a strip, with 1x1 filling mandates across its length, or a side-fill from a stream that you can isolate from again) connected via floodgates (or walls you will deconstruct) to a further 'dry' pool area of appropriate size.

Leave the first zone to fill, remove filling instructions or close off the stream input then lever the floodgates open (or deconstruct the (first) wall) and flood the 7/7ths across an area for which that number of 7ths now evens out to whatevever value-range you want to part-fill to.

(Three dry cells, a walled cell then three more "wet" cells that you fill, all in a row, and compleyed as many times in the other axis as you want, leave you something that you can deconstruct one of the walls, then the others act as 'swim bait' to deconstruct and remove their material from the rest of the water that will eventually settle as 3/7ths throughout.  Give or take errors in implementation, like forgetting to shut off the inlet or close the emergency plughole.  ;) )

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 01:49:16 pm »

Water (and magma) is subject to evaporation when the depth is 1/7 (including when fluctuating to 1/7). The easiest way to fill a pool is to use a larger body of water (such as an aquifer). If you don't have that you can fill smaller filling cells with a bucket brigade. Once the amount of water in those is sufficient to cover your pool to 2/7 (with a unit or two as spare in case of slosh evaporation) you can let it out in your pool and let the bucket brigade continue from there (if the cells are at the same level as the pool, you need to account for a 2/7 coverage of those as well. If not you're going to lose 1/7 water to holding cell tile each tile).
Another alternative is to have several mine carts with 2/7 water each and get them to dump their water at the same time (it should be possible to hook a lever to a track stop to do that, although I haven't done it. DFHack allows you to manually change dumping after the stop has been created, which means you can manually synchronize their dumping).

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 06:07:59 am »

Also, don't forget that you can stack activity zones on top of each other. A few dozen 1x1 pond zones on the same tile can fill a pool very rapidly if you have enough buckets and dwarves. Less good for filling ponds to specific depths, though.

GenJeFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2017, 11:40:26 am »

I did a video tutorial for people that dont know how to use notepad++ and are unfamiliar with lua scripts. Recorded by someone who is not exactly brilliant with lua.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgGuYZg8yBQ&feature=youtu.be

xtw136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 06:20:56 am »

I got a new problem that my visitors and performers hired by my inn stop attending meeting with my mayor,my mayor is a goblin,and the meeting always make a long time.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 08:44:01 am »

There is a meeting bug that causes meetings entered into a supposed meeting queue before the holder of an office is replaced fail to be processed by the new office holder, and since it's a queue entries further back in the queue won't be progressed because the ones in front aren't.
There are two known work arounds for the bug:
1. The best one is when a mayor has been replaced by an election. You can then just manually reinstate the old mayor until the queue stalls (which I suppose it does when meetings scheduled with the elected mayor reaches the front of the queue, but it's not certain it will stall again). When the queue is empty the elected mayor can be reinstated (if desired).
2. If the previous office holder is not available (e.g. due to meeting with an unfortunate accident, were beast, vampire, invasion, poor pathing choice through magma...) you can clear the front of the queue by killing everyone holding up the queue. However, there is no information on in which order different individuals entered the queue, so you'd have to more or less make a guess.

The assumed meeting queue(s) has not been identified by the DFHack structure identification process, as far as I understand, so there isn't much hope for a hack work around for the time being.

xtw136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2017, 10:39:05 am »

There is a meeting bug that causes meetings entered into a supposed meeting queue before the holder of an office is replaced fail to be processed by the new office holder, and since it's a queue entries further back in the queue won't be progressed because the ones in front aren't.
There are two known work arounds for the bug:
1. The best one is when a mayor has been replaced by an election. You can then just manually reinstate the old mayor until the queue stalls (which I suppose it does when meetings scheduled with the elected mayor reaches the front of the queue, but it's not certain it will stall again). When the queue is empty the elected mayor can be reinstated (if desired).
2. If the previous office holder is not available (e.g. due to meeting with an unfortunate accident, were beast, vampire, invasion, poor pathing choice through magma...) you can clear the front of the queue by killing everyone holding up the queue. However, there is no information on in which order different individuals entered the queue, so you'd have to more or less make a guess.

The assumed meeting queue(s) has not been identified by the DFHack structure identification process, as far as I understand, so there isn't much hope for a hack work around for the time being.
So,if I wait for a new election,the queue will be progressed or I have to kill my mayor and another one?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2017, 12:00:01 pm »

If you get a third mayor the queue will most probably remain stalled (and quite possibly in two places). Killing the MAYORs does not achieve anything: the ones that have to be killed off are those who somehow scheduled meetings with the previous holder of the office, which mostly means petitioning visitors, but could be a grumpy citizen or a diplomat.

The individual who scheduled meetings hold a reference to the site entity, not the office holder, so that's note where the issue lies, but they disappear from the assumed queue on death (as shown by the progress of the queue once the office holder and the individual holding the office at the time a meeting was decided on become the same for the one at the front of the queue).

xtw136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2017, 10:35:13 pm »

I kill him...I thought I should do something to remember this sacrifice。

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2017, 02:01:36 am »

I kill him...I thought I should do something to remember this sacrifice。

You could try for a statue of this happening. When you request a statue in the manager screen, you can highlight the statue, and type "d" to control the details of the statue. Then choose "historical figure" and choose the name of the person who was killed. It should be there somewhere. If so, you should be able to get a statue of them. It might (it's a bit of a lottery) be of them being killed.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

xtw136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2017, 08:18:28 pm »

En...Why long-trem residents in my fortress don't want to become citizen,my fortress have 170s members but only 70s can works,others just eat,drink,sleep,and relax...

xtw136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2017, 08:19:13 pm »

En...Why long-trem residents in my fortress don't want to become citizen,my fortress have 170s members but only 70s can works,others just eat,drink,sleep,and relax...

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2017, 04:18:57 am »

- Mercs never petition for citizenship, only for residence.
- Performers and researchers petition a second time (for citizenship) about 2 years after becoming residents.
- There's a bug that stalls meeting queues if the individual who held the office at the time a meeting was decided upon is replaced through an election (for the mayor) or death (through unfortunate accidents, etc.). The meetings can be continued if the previous office holder is reinstated (for a mayor who lost an election), but might stall again if there are meetings scheduled with the new office holder. If the previous office holder is dead, the only known way to get the queue moving is to kill off the ones at the front of the queue until you get to those who are scheduled to meet the new office holder. The location of the meeting queue has not been identified, so you'll have to guess who might be at the front of the queue (Legends Mode info can probably tell you when they arrived at the fortress, and thus their likely order in the queue). I don't know if the second petition is set to occur exactly two years after the first one, or if there's a random factor involved.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4