Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Please help me with making of Light Pot mod.  (Read 1254 times)

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Please help me with making of Light Pot mod.
« on: May 01, 2017, 02:54:28 pm »

Hello! I want to make a bulding for dwarves, which will be made from one plump helmet. What I must to write in BUILD_ITEM? SOLVED
How to make reaction for building? SOLVED
How cure dwarves from cave adaptation with workshop?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 02:47:43 pm by waterphage13 »

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to build plump helmet?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 04:25:34 pm »

The format is:

[BUILD_ITEM:number of things:item type:item subtype (usually NONE):material type:material sub-identifiers]

First, look here for the item type/subtype list.
Then check how the material types work, especially the bit about their subtypes being different lengths for different stuff.
And finally look at the plump helmet's proper name, up on the wiki's raws section for instance. You'll need the internal identifier.

[BUILD_ITEM:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:STRUCTURAL] should be the right answer.

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 11:49:15 am »

Thanks.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 01:45:30 pm »

Our of curiosity what is the building?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Please help me with making of Light Pot mod.
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 02:10:29 pm »

Pot with glow plant. Plump helmet as example.
P.S.:
I already made plant.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 02:10:54 pm »

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 02:11:41 pm »

How to make dwaves look in pot?

what
OK, how to make reaction for building?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 02:33:53 pm »

A potted plant! I guess you need a plump helmet to start the thing and the idea is what, seeds to grow more?

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Reaction

Here's the wiki page on how to make what you want. I haven't delved into reactions much myself. Unless I've misunderstood, you'll want the reaction to require a seed, then produce a plump helmet or two and a couple seeds.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 02:42:10 pm »

A potted plant! I guess you need a plump helmet to start the thing and the idea is what, seeds to grow more?

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Reaction

Here's the wiki page on how to make what you want. I haven't delved into reactions much myself. Unless I've misunderstood, you'll want the reaction to require a seed, then produce a plump helmet or two and a couple seeds.

[REACTION:LOOK_IN]
   [NAME:look in]
   [BUILDING:POT:NONE]
   [SKILL:NONE]
   [REAGENT:A:0:BAR:NONE:POTASH:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:0:BAR:NONE:PEARLASH:NONE]

[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:POT]
   [NAME:Light Pot]
   [NAME_COLOR:7:0:1]
   [DIM:1:1]
   [WORK_LOCATION:1:1]
   [BUILD_LABOR:NONE]
   [BUILD_KEY:CUSTOM_SHIFT_P]
   [BLOCK:1:0]
   [TILE:0:1:150]
   [COLOR:0:1:0:7:0]
   [TILE:1:1:150]
   [COLOR:1:1:MAT]
   [BUILD_ITEM:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:GLOW:STRUCTURAL] [UNROTTEN]
   [BUILD_ITEM:1:BUCKET:NONE:NONE:NONE] [CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
   [BUILD_ITEM:1:GLOB:NONE:NONE:NONE]

[PERMITTED_REACTION:LOOK_IN]

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 02:49:06 pm »

Is it really possible?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2017, 09:14:12 pm »

lol are you trying to end cave adaption for the person who looks in the pot?

you need DFHack for that, so if you have that installed, your past the first step.

second you need to write a script that would set the cave adaption level of the unit. drop that into your raw\scripts\ folder.  should be able to do it with a simple lua script that accepts \\WORKER_ID as the targe using DFHack utils...

third add to or make an onLoad.init in your raw folder(its just a txt file labeled init instead) the following line:

modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName LOOK_IN -command [ your_script_command_here \\WORKER_ID ]

in other words a lot of work....

it would of been easier to set up a "CAVE FLASH" by using the generic "adaptation" function provided by DFHack.

the line would be:

modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName LOOK_IN -command [ adaptation set all 0 ]

I believe that would set every unit's cave adaptation to 0 when someone looks in the pot.  you don't even have to have a reagent or a product for that reaction....

but really the issue you are asking to do something way advance of what you apparently are capable of doing in DF and DFHack, so if you just need your cave adaptation to be reduced why don't you just type "adaptation set all 0" in a DFHack Console... or do something to force them to be above ground more often...
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 05:49:28 am »

Oh, OK. But I'm didn't understood a half that you said. I'm don't know how to code and where the code.
P.S.:
And as far as I understand, a particular dwarf can not be cured? Only all?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 05:57:21 am by waterphage13 »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2017, 08:17:55 am »

Oh, OK. But I'm didn't understood a half that you said. I'm don't know how to code and where the code.
P.S.:
And as far as I understand, a particular dwarf can not be cured? Only all?

no just that the only scripts provided with DFHack can either cure all or have to be targeted by a cursor...

So you would have to write your own variant of it, if you want it to target an individual unit that performs a reaction.

Basically the reason I think you are getting low responses is because you haven't learned to code yet.  To make serious changes to Dwarf Fortress requires some experience at coding, you need to learn at least basic lua scripting, DFHack data structures, and Dwarf Fortress raw token coding before you can really start producing for the community, and at your current stage, you just wont be able to get it done on your own.  There are many resources, linked to here in the forums and in the DF wikis to gain that knowledge, it will take time, 2 to 3 months if you keep at it, but its not impossible to learn, (I've only been working on coding for DF since October last year). Seek the documentation, and try to figure it out, show some initiative.

Basically most of the coders, here, are involved in their own massive projects and don't have the time to do more than guide you in the right direction.  I can program what your asking for, but my own projects are in need of updates and if I take the time to do your project (and everyone else's as that's the end all, be all of the situation) then I wont be able to put out my own work in any reasonable time scale.

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal