Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: Arms Race: Embassy  (Read 31196 times)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: Embassy
« Reply #255 on: June 14, 2017, 11:02:18 am »

I'm told it comes with living on that contenent.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

BBBence1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 21, 2017, 05:11:42 am »

*music ends*

You heard Alestorm, Cannala's up and coming band. Now, comes the part you've all been waiting for, people. Here, on Radio Turbados, Admiral Cortez gives his first live interview! Anything you want to say before we start with the quesions, Admiral?

Nothin' much. I'm sure most important topics will be mentioned in question form.   

Let us start then, with a question many sailors are curious about. What do you think of the new Victoria class ships?

I think th' upgrade were bein' neccessary. Our fleet were bein' startin' t' fall behind Others, and we simply can't allow that. th' ability t' blast Forenian shore defenses apart be a great bonus. My only issue with them be that they're slower then most o' our navy, but that's a concern that th' engineerin' team be workin' on.

Speaking of naval defenses...?

Our lack o' fore movement in th' last season were bein' due t' them, Aye. On th' first offensive we were surprised by their new defense system, especally that they can outrange us. Despite this, I can promise that we will not allow Forenian forces t' push fore, and that we'll protect th' people o' Saint Oro t' th' last lubber if needed.   

Will that be neccessary?

I dern't be knowin' how would General Tereskhova will attack, but I expect that comely wench t' try somethin' sooner or later. And we'll be ready fer whatever she'll throw at us.       

Sounds like you respect her, Admiral.

I do, I'll warrant ye. General Tereskhova be a brilliant strategist, and th' first person t' give me a challange in a long time. After we've won th' war I hope t' get a chance t' sit down and talk through some o' her stratiegies with her.

What do you think of her nickname among the soldiers?

"Magic", and a bottle of rum! I'd like t' attribute her accomplishments t' skill rather than spirits, but 'tis a fittin' name anyway.     

As a change of topic: for all listeners who don't know, one of our engineers told Forenian ambassadors about some secret designs while he was drunk and accidentally walked into the embassy building. Can you tell us anything about the investigation, Admiral?

Aye, I can actually. As his sentence were bein' decided last week, th' next Turbados Today should have th' details. But in a few words his accomplishments make that scurvey dog unlikely t' be a spy, so we only punished him fer th' revealin' o' classified information. His sentence be 4 months sobriety, startin' from tomorrow, when he will be released from custody.

That's a harsh punishment if I ever saw one. What did Presidente Charpes think about the trial?

He were bein' th' one who argued it down from 6, with a chest full of booty. He said that th' Engineerin' team be some o' th' most important people in Cannala, and while we need t' punish them when needed, we need them t' be at their best. 

Speaking of Presidente, what do you think about his policies regarding Juraki support?

Many sailors think that doubloons should be spent on curin' th' Red Rot, but I support th' Presidente. Nearly a third o' our population not havin' a house be not acceptable.     

And what do you say of the rumors of Juraki people organising against Cannala?

There be no rebellion in Cannala.

You heard it here, people! That's all the time we had for this interview, so I again thank you for your time, Admiral.

I ne'er mind answerin' some questions, but I do need t' get back t' me duties.

Next on Radio Turbados....
Proud Juraki/Cannalan/Kasgyr/Ertexite/Karikhitan/Nogranian/Aratam Engineer.

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 26, 2017, 03:21:28 pm »

█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 26, 2017, 09:43:57 pm »

MANIFESTO OF THE FORENIAN INDEPENDENCE PARTY
The Republic of United Forenia is besieged within and without, as World War II rages and so does our war with the Cannalans. Many powers want to put this fair, free, and thoroughly extraordinary singular nation under its boot, whether they be pirates looking to conquer us, our allies trying to rule us, or rebels trying to destroy us. A current has run through the country as of late than can be undeniably seen in our decisions: we won't stand for it. But because our many parties have not been speaking to the people, nor coordinating, there is a view that Forenia is unsure, or that it is fractured, and insidious influences such as the National Forenian People's Party, the Peace Party, and rebel forces have taken advantage of this to gain power.

It is time that we stood up and said no. The Forenian Independence Party announces its existence now: a coalition of parties that stand for the safeguarding of Forenian independence, and are willing to put their strengths as one to assure the Forenian people that their country will not bow. The Forenian Independence Party will elucidate these points and its composition in this manifesto.

On Cannala
The Cannalans attacked us, unprovoked and with no declaration, to fuel their greed and their lust for power. They have continued to attack us and our war is a bloody one, but one to protect our very existence. The pirate hordes press in, and it's through our will, our rockets, our bullets, and our technology that we remain something other than a conquered island. There is no greater threat to an independent Forenia than Cannala. Some forget this, or merely don't want to commit to defending themselves, and these people make up the cowardly Peace Party, who demand that we make peace with the pirates, even if it means sacrificing the country. They can not be paid heed. We need to stand brave and we need to stay vigilant, we must provide a strong front that will pour our effort from all angles in order to win this war.

On Hitler
Forenia signed the Anti-Comintern Pact, after a season of wild debate and argument, for military purposes. An alliance of convenience, a quid pro quo: we would provide the Axis of Nations with technology and we would receive their aid in return. At first, this seemed to work out, but recently it has become clear that Adolf Hitler desires not alliance but mastery. Look at the National Forenian People's Party, his arm in this country, and their attempts at coups, their literal demonization of Jewish Forenians, and how Adolf Hitler sought to give them seats within our congress. He seeks to control us, amd we said no he then failed to live up to his end of the deal when we provided him with the Thunderbird jets seeing heavy usage within his air force. This cannot stand. Hitler would do well to remember that we are a member of his alliance, not his slave, and one of very few of his allies who have genuinely contributed. He is invited to imagine how poorly he would do without us, and to imagine if we were not providing him with weaponry; his enemies pressing into his heartland with technology from the other side of the Archipelago while he is stuck with the outdated weaponry of yesteryear.

Hitler must remember that this is a military alliance of potentially great profit for him, but not a political mandate. He needs to hold up on his end of the deal rather than taking us for granted if he's going to compete with the pirate designs given to the British, and maybe our coalition would jog his memory.

On Rebels
Forenia stands under threat of losing its independence from external sources, but there is an internal source of threat to us as well. The people of this nation know it well at this point: Arstotzkan rebels, out to sunder the country for no other reason than their hatred of other Forenians, to the point that they're willing to sacrifice our defense against the pirates. But paralyzed fear is not the way to confront these rebels. What Forenia must do is stand tall and stay vigilant. The parties of Forenia must join together to tell them that their foolhardy, malicious rebellion will not be supported, and the Forenian people must look calmly and collectedly for signs of their tampering, rather than simply staying in their homes and allowing their bonds of family and community and nation to fall to pieces.

On Coalition
There have been scant few voices speaking out to preserve the pride and integrity and freedom of Forenia as of late. The most recent discourse has only come close to this in that there was a spat between the National Forenian People's Party and the Forenian Self-Defence Advocacy Organization over the Jews -- but this was a minor conversation, and despite the fact that we Forenians have voted to defend ourselves, we have come off as weak and splintered and we've suffered from it as we've seen encroachments from rebels and our inconsistent allies and would-be masters who believe that we are vulnerable.

But we can change this, together. By forming a wartime coalition of parties, the Forenian Independence Party, we can provide a show of unity and Forenian political solidarity and strength that absolutely none may ignore. You are not asked to drop your party identity, nor your policy preferences, but by putting your support and your voices to the coalition of the Forenian Independence Party, and by joining together to vote and work against the perversion of our alliance by the Nazis and their subordinates the NFPP, against the moves of the rebellion, and against those kowtowing to the Cannalans, we can ensure that Forenia retains its place as a peer in the eyes of the world. We can keep Forenia independent, and we can keep it strong.

Quote from: Join the Forenian Independence Party
Name (Individual Party, if applicable)
Powder Miner (FSDAO)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 26, 2017, 09:49:50 pm »

Quote from: the Forenian Independence Party
Powder Miner (FSDAO)
Piratejoe (FCP)
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 26, 2017, 11:47:24 pm »

Ngl, it kinda sucks that the Germans screwed us last credit phase. Sign me up.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 26, 2017, 11:50:28 pm »

Powder Miner (FSDAO)
Piratejoe (FCP)
evictedSaint (PAROI)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 27, 2017, 04:22:08 am »

The Moderate Party is in favour of coalitions in general, as they represent an excellent opportunity for inter-party compromise. However, they do not like rushing in to things, so for now they will simply observe, neither in favour nor opposed.

The Moderate Party: "What do we want?"-"Reasonable concessions from both sides in a manner that leaves everyone better off!"-"When do we want it?"-"At the earliest possible convenience, although not too soon, because haste leads to mistakes!"

Powder Miner (FSDAO)
Piratejoe (FCP)
evictedSaint (PAROI)

Observers:
NUKE9.13 (MP)
Long Live United Forenia!

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 27, 2017, 04:48:47 am »

Ngl, it kinda sucks that the Germans screwed us last credit phase. Sign me up.

What did you expect after you told them off?

EDIT

Actually, what's the current political clusterfuck of Forenia?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 04:53:47 am by Mandemon »
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 27, 2017, 05:00:27 am »

Military command has officially declared the existence of so called "seas" are a bolshevik plot.

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 27, 2017, 05:01:10 am »

Military command has officially declared the existence of so called "seas" are a bolshevik plot.
So what's the big wet thing around Isle Forenia? :P
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 27, 2017, 05:01:41 am »

Communism.

Edit : Also, it's a continent.

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 27, 2017, 05:13:00 am »

Communism.

Edit : Also, it's a continent.

So you people drink communism too? I mean, "sea" is just "lots of water". So that means communism = sea = lots of water, water = little bit communism
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 27, 2017, 05:14:04 am »

Communism is like Cannala. Too salty.

We drink Vodka and Arak here.

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 27, 2017, 05:14:56 am »

Communism is like Cannala. Too salty.

We drink Vodka and Arak here.

Both use water, AKA communism in them.

No Forenians, YOU are the communist! And then Forenia was People's Republic.
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22