Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Arms Race: Embassy  (Read 31226 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: Embassy
« Reply #225 on: June 06, 2017, 11:40:02 pm »

Doesn't seem likely to me! The Independent Forenian is a premier example of successful free press.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 07, 2017, 01:14:04 pm »

You know, I just had a thought.  In anything realistic, war exhaustion would be hitting both sides really damn hard by this point thanks to this conflict piling on top of the massive amount the previous civil wars would have generated.  Since there are no disputed islands right this instant and the revenge against the shellings would have been more than completed by this point, it would kinda make sense to peace out for a few years, maybe transition to a Cold War.  The Peace party does exist in Forenia would need to carry a good amount of influence to be mentioned, and the new Canallan president does seem to want to focus more on domestic affairs, so it does seem like a signifigant chunks of both populations don't want the war anymore.

Man I wish I could mention this in the discord discussion to see what might be said on it...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 07, 2017, 01:21:29 pm »

Why can't you?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 07, 2017, 01:23:47 pm »

Why can't you?

It disappeared from my channel listings entirely and I have no concrete idea why.  Can't even contact any of the people due to 'not having a channel in common.'  Bit of a shame as I would like to have liked to see the main avenue of communication that is the General OOC.

Edit: Can admit I haven't tried following the invitation link again to see what happens.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 01:26:08 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 07, 2017, 02:00:31 pm »

You know, I just had a thought.  In anything realistic, war exhaustion would be hitting both sides really damn hard by this point thanks to this conflict piling on top of the massive amount the previous civil wars would have generated.  Since there are no disputed islands right this instant and the revenge against the shellings would have been more than completed by this point, it would kinda make sense to peace out for a few years, maybe transition to a Cold War.  The Peace party does exist in Forenia would need to carry a good amount of influence to be mentioned, and the new Canallan president does seem to want to focus more on domestic affairs, so it does seem like a signifigant chunks of both populations don't want the war anymore.

Man I wish I could mention this in the discord discussion to see what might be said on it...

Sure, ceasefire can be agreed as soon as Forenian

1) Admits guilt of shelling Cannala and responsibility of the war
2) Severs all ties with Axis powers
3) Ends unjustified occupation of northern island.
4) Admits rum is the best drink
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 07, 2017, 02:07:27 pm »

As an outsider:
1) Both sides were shelled.
2) Why should only they break ties?
3) Is that not a bit hypocritical considering your side is occupying even more territory for the same reasons the Forenians are occupying territory?
4) There are undoubtedly multiple varieties of Rum, and since only one can carry the title of 'Best Drink', which one is it?

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 07, 2017, 02:09:16 pm »

As an outsider:
1) Both sides were shelled.
2) Why should only they break ties?
3) Is that not a bit hypocritical considering your side is occupying even more territory for the same reasons the Forenians are occupying territory?
4) There are undoubtedly multiple varieties of Rum, and since only one can carry the title of 'Best Drink', which one is it?

1) LIES! We never shelled anyone, clearly Forenians lie!
2) We are at war with Axis, and we don't accept nations directly allied with Axis to remain in support of Axis.
3) We have liberated those territories. That's the story we are going with and the story British, French and Americans agree to.
4) Cannalan Rum, naturally.
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 07, 2017, 02:10:54 pm »

1) Didn't shell Cannala, only warship not invented yet (And would later sink before reaching the first island in the chain)
2) Will break ties as soon as secret German plans are all successfully stolen
3) Just as justified as Cannala occupying formerly Juraki lands, will declare intent to leave as soon as we learn of a Cannalan decision to do the same
4) Cannot admit to what is not true
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 07, 2017, 02:11:53 pm »

See? Forenians are just unreasonable! ;)
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 07, 2017, 02:15:25 pm »

2) We are at war with Axis, and we don't accept nations directly allied with Axis to remain in support of Axis.
3) We have liberated those territories. That's the story we are going with and the story British, French and Americans agree to.

1) I've seen both initial reports, so I can call bullshit on that.
2) Ever heard of the concept "separate peace"?
3) Ha! You occupied over half that shit before Forenia allied with the Axis. Oh, and the Americans aren't officially part of the Allies yet and the French have been knocked out.
4) Which type of Canallan Rum?

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 07, 2017, 02:21:33 pm »

1) I've seen both initial reports, so I can call bullshit on that.
2) Ever heard of the concept "separate peace"?
3) Ha! You occupied over half that shit before Forenia allied with the Axis. Oh, and the Americans aren't officially part of the Allies yet and the French have been knocked out.
4) Which type of Canallan Rum?

1) Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics. Ministry of Truth denies all allegations of Cannalans attacking Forenia, and they would not be called Ministry of Truth if they lied, would they?
2) Not with Axis powers.
3) Minor details, I am sure we can fix that for history books.
4) All of it
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 07, 2017, 02:25:28 pm »

1) Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics. Ministry of Truth denies all allegations of Cannalans attacking Forenia, and they would not be called Ministry of Truth if they lied, would they?
2) Not with Axis powers.
4) All of it

1) I never said Canalla attacked Forenia.  Neither have I said Forenia attacked Canalla.  From what I have seen, both sides were shelled by the renegade pirates who aren't leaving receipts and seem to be backed by the Russians.
2) Got a question in the SB thread in response to that.
3) Oh, so you are going to lie?
4) Isn't there one company proven to be severely watering down some types of Rum?

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 07, 2017, 02:27:05 pm »

2) Not with Axis powers.
4) All of it

1) I never said Canalla attacked Forenia.  Neither have I said Forenia attacked Canalla.  From what I have seen, both sides were shelled by the renegade pirates who aren't leaving receipts and seem to be backed by the Russians.
2) Got a question in the SB thread in response to that.
3) Oh, so you are going to lie?
4) Isn't there one company proven to be severely watering down some types of Rum?

1) MoT says Forenian agents captured one of our ship and shelled us. If they say it happened, it happened.
2) K'
3) No, we call it "Correcting narrative error".
4) Rum is good. Company just watered it down. Rum is rum still.
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 07, 2017, 02:53:16 pm »

1) MoT says Forenian agents captured one of our ship and shelled us. If they say it happened, it happened.
2) K'

1) The Ministry of Truth said it was Forenians because they saw the renegades disguised as Forenians.
3) That's what I said.
4) How about a compromise where an international drinking competition is to made to occur between the two nations every two years to determine the best drink.  Basically an alcohol Olympics.

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 07, 2017, 02:54:40 pm »

2) K'

1) The Ministry of Truth said it was Forenians because they saw the renegades disguised as Forenians.
3) That's what I said.
4) How about a compromise where an international drinking competition is to made to occur between the two nations every two years to determine the best drink.  Basically an alcohol Olympics.

1) Ministry of Truth says there were Forenians, so they were Forenians. Do you want Secret Police (which does not exist) visit you?
3) No, you said we were going to lie. Correcting a narrative error is not lying, it's correcting an error ;)
4) I'm down for that.
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22