Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: Arms Race: Embassy  (Read 31239 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: Embassy
« Reply #195 on: May 27, 2017, 05:18:39 pm »

I don't think changing the cost systems between current and future gear is a good idea. That will only lead to inconsistency and confusion and problems revising things in the future.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #196 on: May 28, 2017, 12:30:34 am »

Should there be a link to their embassy here?
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 28, 2017, 05:09:56 am »

Resources are not the problem of this game. I mean yes, once one side goes ahead in resources it is effectively gg and rest of the game can be spend on doing funny stuff like death balls but.

This game is an arcade full of subjective gm's judgement with wild RNG swings included. If you are trying to play this game trying to outsmart the opponent and pet your ego... IMO, It is a wrong approach. Our decisions play a very minor role in who will win and who will lose. (as long as one side don't do something awful like spending actions on easy\trivial or impossible actions or designing obviously useless stuff)
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 28, 2017, 05:19:47 am »

Y'know, I completely disagree with that.

Yes, RNG is a large factor, but player decisions do matter a lot. Creating designs and revisions that can make the best out of any rolls while still making the most utility; finding the best paths to get to better designs without huge difficulties; finding ways to counter the other side's stuff. It's influenced by RnG, yes, but you can make designs giving you experience in such a way that you can take 2 designs to get to a really cool tech or 4 designs. You can find ways to exploit your existing knowledge to create advantages while your opponents have to go through higher difficulties to get the same results.
There's definitely a large player "skill" factor involved.

Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #200 on: May 28, 2017, 05:23:41 am »

In words of our Glorious Sensei - a diesel locomotive with a propeller.
I overfucked with effects. I still have the unedited one, so it's salvageable, but eh. Now also in sepia.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 05:29:56 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 28, 2017, 05:36:10 am »

Y'know, I completely disagree with that.

Yes, RNG is a large factor, but player decisions do matter a lot. Creating designs and revisions that can make the best out of any rolls while still making the most utility; finding the best paths to get to better designs without huge difficulties; finding ways to counter the other side's stuff. It's influenced by RnG, yes, but you can make designs giving you experience in such a way that you can take 2 designs to get to a really cool tech or 4 designs. You can find ways to exploit your existing knowledge to create advantages while your opponents have to go through higher difficulties to get the same results.
There's definitely a large player "skill" factor involved.
Actually, As I recently found out,  not trying to make that kind of small steps and simply leaping ahead works far better. The challenge is not to hit impossible difficulty or bad rolls.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 30, 2017, 02:21:02 am »

GG Cannala. GG.

I can't understand what you hoped to achieve with the tank instead of doing whatever necessary to hold jungles. The rest of the game is almost formality. (something ridiculous with a 6 is the only way out I see)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2017, 02:45:13 am »

It would probably be a good idea to avoid being smug at the Cannalans for no good reason, Strongpoint. It's annoying enough to deal with in OUR thread.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 30, 2017, 03:08:51 am »

It would be nice to have amicable relations with the SB people.  Trash-talking in character is fine though, I think, but there's no need to mock people for designs that didn't quite pan out or bad rolls or whatnot.

The tank was a good idea, just a bit too expensive.  Like our thunderbird, it would have been more effective if it was cheaper.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 30, 2017, 03:13:46 am »

Hey, I played with Cannala last time and a good chunk of designs from the start of the game were proposed by me. It is not mocking at all. It is sympathy. I wouldn't like to be on that side with such hopeless situation. They have no answers anymore. Unless they roll like gods.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 30, 2017, 11:04:03 am »

I don't really see the hopelessness at all...

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 30, 2017, 11:09:27 am »

That's just the cannalan spirit going haywire in the wake of El Presidente's gassing. :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 30, 2017, 11:54:53 am »

That's just the cannalan spirit going haywire in the wake of El Presidente's gassing. :P

Based on what was written, it seems they elected the guy who killed El Presidente.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22