Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Arms Race: Embassy  (Read 31249 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: Embassy
« Reply #180 on: May 25, 2017, 01:53:36 pm »

Minor line of thought, but I wonder what the rail system situation is in both of the nations.

The rioting came before the nationalist violence in the reports because the rioting culture came before the first report of the game; he wrote that the riots got more violent but never actually used the riots as a means of damaging the economy.

It must have been something I misremembered, or a detail that had been mentioned in the discord that I misinterpreted, in that case.

Nationalist-related violence is still a problem, but the riots have mostly led to a booming industry in safety glass, as well as standardized window sizes so you can pick up a new window at the store and fit it in yourself without hiring a glazier.

Neat.  Does the practice of standardizing aspects of homes and buildings apply to more than just window sizes?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 25, 2017, 02:05:27 pm »

Cannala doesn't have any. Sea, truck and plane only.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2017, 11:19:20 pm »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 27, 2017, 12:06:51 am »

Whelp, looks like its might be time to roll out the "well, that just skipped round about 20 years of development in a rather bullshit fashion" cannon. That, or you got a few turns instead of a few hours/days ahead of yourself Kot.

Nice image tho, as normal.
Highly Opinionated Fool

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 27, 2017, 12:20:11 am »

Whelp, looks like its might be time to roll out the "well, that just skipped round about 20 years of development in a rather bullshit fashion" cannon. That, or you got a few turns instead of a few hours/days ahead of yourself Kot.

Nice image tho, as normal.

You have no idea how many of us have been arguing this exact same thing in the thread, how it would never work, too ambitious.  Not me though, I wanted to put a rocket on the plane instead. 

My understanding is it currently has slightly worse performance then our existing planes and is more expensive. I mean... they are great and such and not terrible... yeah...

Did you get anything good out of the design re-roll credit? 

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 27, 2017, 01:04:48 am »

Whelp, looks like its might be time to roll out the "well, that just skipped round about 20 years of development in a rather bullshit fashion" cannon.

Oh, why don't you go build another lexington-class carrier on a 1, you dingbat.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 27, 2017, 01:42:59 am »

Right, posting to say Im out. it has been a generally enjoyable game with you all, but between the problems I have been seeing, the reactions from any here, and a few other things, I am throwing in the towel for this arms race game. I wish you all luck, and the hope that you manage to have fun.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 27, 2017, 11:16:56 am »

Following extensive discussion in Discord, the following joint resolution was adopted with regards to alloys and exotic materials:

The proposal is as follows: Exotic resources will be able to replace parts. If you have a double-bladed axe, and it costs 4 Ore, then replacing one blade with aluminum will lead to a cost of 2 Ore (2 Al). It will also give the benefit, of course, of the axe being lighter and weaker, because Aluminum is not as strong as steel in this context. All other exotics will work the same way, with the exception of alloys. If you alloy something (Manganese steel) you keep the half the affected Ore cost while gaining the cost and abilities of the alloyed exotic. For instance, taking our 4 Ore axe, you then make one blade out of manganese steel. It now costs 3 Ore (1 Mn), as you use some steel and some manganese to make a blade that costs 2 units of metal. If you lack manganese and still want to use it, then you can pay, instead, 5 Ore to get a double-headed axe with one mangalloy (Manganese and steel alloy) blade and one steel blade.

Warning: This could retroactively make some stuff cheaper. Not sure if it's a lot of stuff though.
We, from Discord, agreed this will not retroactively break existing balance, and might improve the quality of game for everyone. In the interests of making things more (Less?) even and fun (!!FUN!!), the undersigned (Is the lawyer slang necessary? No, but it sounds better!) agree to this resolution.

Quote from: All In Favor
Madman198237
NikolaAnicic007
Mandemon
Azzuro
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 27, 2017, 11:20:40 am »

slap me in on that list of people in favor
The big reason this came up, by the way, is that this does make the middle and southern lanes kind of shitty, and those two lanes have been their biggest advantage with Cortez -- and then when they became relatively useless, that's when Tereshkova became an issue.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 27, 2017, 11:32:30 am »

Quote from: All In Favor
Madman198237
NikolaAnicic007
Mandemon
Azzuro
Powder Miner

Done. We'll see what happens in Discord, though.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 27, 2017, 11:50:41 am »

Well, I'm in favour, but Sensei has said pretty clearly that he is not changing the resource system, even if literally everyone wants him to.
We do not know why that is.
But, I mean, at the end of the day, it is Sensei's game, and he can do what he wants.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 27, 2017, 11:54:46 am »

Yeah.
We'll see, I guess.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 27, 2017, 12:25:07 pm »

I'm against this. I'd rather not change the rules of the game partway through, especially as we all signed up knowing those rules. It is guaranteed to be a target of salt regardless of it's actual affect and it will cause unneeded difficulties for Sensei, as he would have to recost every item in the game and then change his costing strategy or every future item.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 27, 2017, 12:30:04 pm »

I'm against this. I'd rather not change the rules of the game partway through, especially as we all signed up knowing those rules.
Well, that's the thing. We didn't sign up knowing this rule. Many people were under the impression that the game worked the way being proposed here, and were unpleasantly surprised to discover it worked differently.
Long Live United Forenia!

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 27, 2017, 12:54:48 pm »

What Nuke said.

So many of us tought rules worked one way, and I am yet to hear who knew it worked they way it apparently did. This would balance things out (make lower lanes worth fighting actually...) and then there is hopefully a lot less salt being thrown around due (Magic) Air General.

There is also the fact that this suggestion would not change cost of existing stuff, they are still as costly as they are effectively changing nothing for existing gear. Only thing affected would be future gear.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 03:21:47 pm by Mandemon »
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22