Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Separate Boxes and Bags from work order conditions.  (Read 691 times)

Separate Boxes and Bags from work order conditions.
« on: April 30, 2017, 01:24:30 pm »

While setting up work orders for an automated, efficient fort I ran into a complication stemming from the fact that Chests and Bags and other build-able containers are all in one catch-all category when it comes to work order conditions: "Boxes and Bags."

This makes it a lot harder to set up production orders than with most other things. As an example, if I always want 25 beds, I can set up a condition to make 1 bed until we have 25. I can not do this with chests and bags. I would want 25 chests and 25 bags at all times; but there is no guarantee that setting 50 "boxes and bags" will get me this exact ratio. Instead, I have to make a much more complicated condition utilizing the material types. This should not be necessary for something so basic.

All that needs to make it simpler is to make Boxes (or chests/coffers) into one category and bags into another.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
Re: Separate Boxes and Bags from work order conditions.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 10:37:35 pm »

It would certainly make the game easier.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 08:18:00 pm »

The funny thing is that, IIRC, the bag category actually exists, but you can't select it manually. It appears for at least one of the auto selected reagents/products.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 04:40:58 am »

Rock coffers and wood chests have the "hard item" trait, so the condition "empty hard boxes and bags available is less than 10" can be used to trigger a generic "Construct Rock Coffer" order without messing with materials.

Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.