Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Individual Scientists! May 8th 2017 [7/7]  (Read 6156 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Individual Scientists! May 8th 2017 [7/7]
« on: April 29, 2017, 09:07:11 pm »

There are some people that could be labeled "crazy" or "mad" or "that crazy person with the skyscraper-tall mech" in the world. These labels couldn't be more inaccurate. These people are geniuses! Scientists! Willing to sacrifice their lives and work to make the world a better place! They may not get along with many people in the world, and they may not get along with each other, but they just want to help. With science, of course.
They've been in prominent positions of history, including some positions people tend to not appreciate as much as the others. But today is a unique day - it's the day where numerous of these independent, individual scientists - all in the same city - make their beginnings. Who knows what they'll do or create from their garages?
The world will know in time.

What is this?
Why, a multiplayer version of You are an Independent Scientist, of course! I highly recommend reading through it and I could never have bias for such an amazing game, even if it was made by me. And in case you were worried about the status of my amazing game, then don't worry - it's still alive.
The general gist of gameplay is simple: You make/build things, research things, learn things, and do things with the things you made. Start from nothing and start working towards making unique inventions and concepts and theories and just about anything else, really.

Rules
  • Penalties will be assigned to the results of projects taken on that are considered difficult based on your current knowledge level. Building a death star without knowing how to make laser-based devices tends to make the project significantly harder. Trying to make a death-ray before a regular ray-gun is hard. Etcetera.
  • Projects that you can reasonably have a clue in before have no modifiers to them. If it appears to be a logical step up from existing projects of yours, then no modifiers will be added.
  • Bonuses will be assigned to the results of projects where you're very knowledged in. Having lots of similar projects and studying the topic beforehand will likely help making that new thing.
  • Interaction is very much allowed - friendly and hostile. Competition is encouraged, and everyone lives in the same city at the beginning of the game.
  • Dying is possible. Don't get too brave with that "harmless" nuke you just made.
  • Updates can and probably will go on without you. Though generally nothing negative will happen to someone for missing an update - they just don't get to do anything. Exceptions do occur - if someone wants to shoot their death-ray at you, you should probably get a chance to react.

Character Sheet
Code: [Select]
Name:
Appearance: (super optional)
That's it. Your background? That's in the past! Before you decided to truly pursue science! No one cares and no one will care about your past self. Special skills? Your mind! It's where you go from here that makes you unique.

A cap on players wasn't present, but then I decided that's probably a bad idea. The current cap is extremely subject to change so don't be afraid to waitlist.

Characters
Roboson (Roboson)
Nix (NRDL)
Jack Flash (Happerry)
Billy Quick (Yottawhat)
Magen E. Tuene (OceanSoul)
Sausest Fage (RAM)
James "Scrap Lord" (banelord)

Waitlist
Spoiler: Karl Grey (Mardent23) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: _____ (High Tyrol) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 12:22:36 am by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Scientists! [0/∞?]
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 09:12:07 pm »

Name: Roboson
Appearance: The son of a robot.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Scientists! [0/∞?]
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 09:12:28 pm »

Name: Nix
Appearance: Built like a brick shithouse, clearly spends whatever time not doing !!SCIENCE!! lifting heavy iron.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Scientists! [2/7?]
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 09:37:10 pm »

Name : Jack Flash
Appearance: A thin lanky man in a labcoat over a T-Shirt and sweatpants with a pair of thin rimmed glasses.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Scientists! [0/7?]
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 09:42:14 pm »

Name: Billy Quick
Appearance: A shadowy man in dressed in a trench coat and a black bandanna across his mouth.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Scientists! [3/7?]
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 09:56:10 pm »

Name: Magen E. Tuene
Appearance: Grey lab coat, red eyes, blonde medium-length hair, black boots and occasionally black gloves.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Scientists! [5/7?]
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 02:01:55 am »

All 5 so far are in.
If I get 2 more soon I can do the starting update tonight.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 02:44:37 am »

All 5 so far are in.
If I get 2 more soon I can do the starting update tonight.

You can always run the first update and allow the two others to join before the second. That way players can go ahead and post their first actions and whatnot.  :P

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 02:49:34 am »

Sausest Fage
A labcoat and thick oversized yet mysteriously indecipherable glasses. Rumoured to have a human hidden within.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Scientists! May 1st, 2017 [6/7?]
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 03:23:19 am »

Y'know what? Sure.
Any people who still want to join, post your first action along with your name + appearance. Waitlists are a thing and you'll be put in if the cap is increased or a slot is otherwise made empty.

Oh yeah, and please don't be too vague with what you're willing to spend in terms of resources and money and the like on projects. If you don't state anything at all, I'm happy deducting the appropriate things from your assets regardless. There's just a chance that you may not be too happy with what you spent. Anywhere from "Use 3 scrap metal" to "Use up to __ scrap metal" to "Use scrap metal and electronics" to "Don't use this" to nothing at all about resources is fine.

May 1st, 2017
The scientists in the city of New Bounds begin their work today. Why they all begin at once is a complete mystery, but it definitely could seem like fate.
If fate existed. Clearly, the fates of these individuals are in their own hands and influencable by science, not mystical voodoo.

Each person is starting with nothing but their mildly varying clothing and their garages. It's up to them what to do from here.

Roboson
Spoiler: Roboson (Roboson) (click to show/hide)
Nix
Spoiler: Nix (NRDL) (click to show/hide)
Jack Flash
Spoiler: Jack Flash (Happerry) (click to show/hide)
Billy Quick
Magen E. Tuene
Sausest Fage
Spoiler: Sausest Fage (RAM) (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Scientists! May 1st 2017 [6/7?]
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2017, 03:27:52 am »

Head to the local library, get everything related to modern neuroscience, psychology, anything at all related to the human mind.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Scientists! May 1st 2017 [6/7?]
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 03:52:22 am »

Practise basic manipulation by producing food. Attempt to acquire work at pasta restaurant.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Scientists! May 1st 2017 [6/7]
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 05:02:47 am »

Go looking for a cheap laptop to buy, and if one can be found going for under 50$ dollars, buy it. Also attempt to gain a job working at a fast food restaurant.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2017, 06:21:29 am »

Name: Scrap Lord (James)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2017, 06:26:48 am »

Name: Andrew Anderson
Description: A short and stout guy with a large beard that is obviously dyed black.

First Action: Go around looking for scrapyard and thrift stores in the local area.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7