Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 591694 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Summer 1944 (Revision 2 Phase)
« Reply #6330 on: June 03, 2018, 10:53:48 pm »

What a dick.

Quote from: Spy Gear!
New Spy Technology: "Bookmark"

Though given a rather innocuous and misleading name, the Bookmark is a bit more complex than a strip of paper used to keep one's place in their latest novella.  The Bookmark is instead a rather nifty piece of spy gear that makes use of the sensitive piezoelectric quartz from our Whalesong sonar mines and the audio-to-digital processing from our Tigers Roar radio.

This piece of equipment is a handheld parabolic microphone - a handheld directional listening device that enables the user to hear private conversations from far away, in noisy areas, or even through walls.  Similar to the massive concrete curved structures ground forces use to listen for incoming aircraft, the Bookmark is scaled down to a light one foot wide dish constructed out of aluminum.  When aimed towards a targeted noise source, the incoming sound waves bounce off of the curved dish and coalesce into a single focal point, where a directional microphone is mounted in order to meet the amplified and isolated audio.

The Bookmark comes with a reel-to-reel tape recorder to save the captured audio, as well as a set of headphones to allow the user to listen in, in real-time.  The device is considerably smaller than your standard FM radio, as it does not require the bulky emitter and transceiver that a two-way radio requires.  The device can be disassembled and reassembled quickly to be stored in your typical briefcase, as well as be mounted to a tripod for long-duration listening sessions.  The battery and vacuum tube assembly come in a block that can be clipped to the users belt in order to make the device easier to hold for longer periods of time.

Each Bookmark comes with two additional pieces of spy gear:
The first is a small baggy of sand for an agent to pour into their pockets.  This "Pocket Sand" can be thrown into the eyes of an alerted guard or unwitting civilian in order to facilitate a hasty get away.

The second is the large cardboard box the Bookmark actually comes in.  Extensive analysis shows that cardboard boxes are one of the best ways an agent can balance both stealth, and mobility.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 11:52:52 pm by evictedSaint »

Olith McHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6331 on: June 03, 2018, 11:29:56 pm »

Did we get anything from that? I mean, fluff aside, a one on an easy means large bugs, but it already had those...

Galileo!

A national effort deathball made from an entire mountain peak. It is the very last thing a Soviet factory would be expecting.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: June 03, 2018, 11:35:51 pm »

Did we get anything from that? I mean, fluff aside, a one on an easy means large bugs, but it already had those...
Essentially, no, it still has the bugs it had, no real progress was made.

Galileo!

A national effort deathball made from an entire mountain peak. It is the very last thing a Soviet factory would be expecting.
I regret the death ball.  :P
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: June 03, 2018, 11:38:58 pm »

Well if you made the Cannalans have to actually counter it we'd be more forgiving with it :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: June 04, 2018, 01:02:02 am »

Quote from: Spy Pants
(2) Bookmark: Quake, eS

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: June 04, 2018, 01:02:54 am »

yay, vote box
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: June 04, 2018, 01:20:29 am »

XX-XX "Sudden killer"

A stripped down horse killer with one round pre-inserted, all parts are integrated with a scope that flips up for use.  The gun is designed to fire one time so damage to the gun is ignored in favor of keeping it as small as possible for an antimaterial sniper rifle.  It can be housed in anything long enough, with a variant that is two parts half as long that are screwed together right before use.

The gun does not lose any range or accuracy and can be set up and fired in under a minute by a trained operative.  Meant exclusively for assassinating high profile targets deep in enemy territory and civilian areas then escaping before being seen.

eh its not that good an idea but I wanted to throw out something.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: June 04, 2018, 01:24:30 am »

Might also suggest that you screw the barrel into place, thats a thing that can work in that context.  (so its shorter in transport)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 01:30:18 am by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: June 04, 2018, 01:31:48 am »

My other idea was a rocket based transport system for a single spy that breaks open into a glider to land them a vast distance away.

Probably a better use of rockets then random bombing campaigns, spys can sabotage specific areas directly and if the rocket relys on momentum for most of it's later movement it would be hard to detect during night launch.

Wizgrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6339 on: June 04, 2018, 03:20:45 am »

(3) Bookmark: Quake, eS

Might as well vote for this. It is a good design and canīt be bothered to come up with mine

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6340 on: June 04, 2018, 03:44:54 am »

(3) Bookmark: Quake, eS

Might as well vote for this. It is a good design and canīt be bothered to come up with mine
My problem with it specifically would be that it's a design, not a revision. We only have the latter.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: June 04, 2018, 03:55:48 am »

-snip-
My problem with it specifically would be that it's a design, not a revision. We only have the latter.

Eh, if it were put up as a revision in the normal design+revision cycle, no one would think twice about it.

Besides, most of the proposed alternatives have been things like artillery strikes and aircraft bombs (though the collapsible HKII is nice, if a bit unrealistic in expectations).

Quote from: Votes
Spy Pants Vote:
(3) Bookmark: Quake, eS, wizgrot

Strategy:
(1) Top: eS
(0) Middle:
(0) Bottom:

Might as well put in the strategy vote too, while we're at it.  Not sure if we should push Forenia or try to claim the southern tundra.  I'm tempted to do middle lane, tbh.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 04:01:06 am by evictedSaint »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: June 04, 2018, 04:43:53 am »

Spy Pants Vote:
(4) Bookmark: Quake, eS, wizgrot, Powder Miner

Strategy:
(1) Top: eS
(0) Middle:
(0) Bottom:
The Horsekiller II doesn't precisely strike me as a good weapon for espionage, even when messed around with, and the Bookmark as an idea provides a very interesting and very applicable utility -- it's the utility of it and the uniqueness that really makes me thing it might be better than >IR spotlight

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: June 04, 2018, 05:52:49 am »

Jesus, that RNG is a harsh mistress.  Still for a 1 on an EASY attempt, you think we should have gotten something out of it.

If the Aswang is really that key in the Jungle, might as well avoid the center jungle and get a safer push on the open tundra of Titan.

Spy Pants Vote:
(5) Bookmark: Quake, eS, wizgrot, Powder Miner, ConscriptFive

Strategy:
(2) Top: eS, ConscriptFive
(0) Middle:
(1) Bottom: ConscriptFive

Wizgrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: June 04, 2018, 07:10:00 am »

Spy Pants Vote:
(5) Bookmark: Quake, eS, wizgrot, Powder Miner, ConscriptFive

Strategy:
(3) Top: eS, ConscriptFive, Wizgrot
(0) Middle:
(2) Bottom: ConscriptFive, Wizgrot
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 500