Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 591845 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Spring 1943 (Design Phase)
« Reply #6285 on: June 01, 2018, 12:11:23 pm »

Quote from: Vote box
UF-MLRS-44 "Artemis" (0) -
UF-MLRS-44 "Artemis" Pattern B (8) - eS, NAV, ConscriptFive, Jilladilla, QuakeIV, Happerry, voidslayer, Kot
UF-GALT-43 "Last Chance" (0) -
UFAF-ARS-44 "Shield Maiden" Version 2: (5) - Wizgrot, Zanzetkuken, Kashyyk, Piratejoe, Parsely
UFAF-CAS-44 "TURBOHAAST": (8) - Andrea, RAM, Powder Miner, Taricus, Lightforger, Happerry, Stabby, MoP
UF-SPA-44 "Demolisher": (0) -
Infantry QoL: (0) -
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Summer 1944 (Design Phase)
« Reply #6286 on: June 01, 2018, 12:36:38 pm »

I would probably say we should only allow single-voting for this turn. While the voting is in fact entirely player-orchestrated and not a product of rules set by myself (I never really specified how votes get done as long as they get done) I think most people have assumed they can only vote for one option, and already voted as such, so some people voting on multiple options is unfair. I don't have a problem with people doing it if the general consensus is in favor of allowing it, but for future votes. As such, I'm asking Happery to just vote for one design at the moment.

I'm also willing to ignore Kot's votes entirely if he's only voting to enforce a tie.

UF-MLRS-44 "Artemis" Pattern B (6) - eS, NAV, ConscriptFive, Jilladilla, QuakeIV, voidslayer
UFAF-ARS-44 "Shield Maiden" Version 2: (5) - Wizgrot, Zanzetkuken, Kashyyk, Piratejoe, Parsely
UFAF-CAS-44 "TURBOHAAST": (7) - Andrea, RAM, Powder Miner, Taricus, Lightforger, Stabby, MoP
Infantry QoL: (2) - Sensei, Kot

As such this is how the votes stand now. I'll let Happery and maybe Kot re-vote. I don't need to rush the game so I'm willing to wait for less of a close vote, or at least wait until people stop voting. People who voted for the Shield Maiden in particular might want to re-vote on one of the more popular two designs. You're also welcome to post arguments for why you think the design you voted for is a better idea and convince people to your side.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: June 01, 2018, 02:10:13 pm »

Vote for the Artemis! It will help us in the desert AND when we push back into the jungle. 

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: June 01, 2018, 02:19:30 pm »

I'm not strongly bothered by the Artemis, but I'm not sure that it'll have a more thorough ability to reach their shit than the THaast does. The Turbohaast also has the advantage of helping at sea, which we may need seeing as they flipped the sea again this turn.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: June 01, 2018, 02:21:36 pm »

Sea hasn't really been a factor in ground combat for a while, though

And if it were a true A-10 ripoff, it wouldn't be carrier capable in the first place >:[

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: June 01, 2018, 02:23:42 pm »

Sea hasn't really been a factor in ground combat for a while, though
How I wish this were true. It's just the fact that we've been flipping it back and forth that's strangled their naval bombardment -- in the jungle before the desert turn, they were blasting us.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: June 01, 2018, 02:25:01 pm »

Sea combat doesn't affect the center of Tereshkova.  It never has, and sea advantage takes effect the turn you get it.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: June 01, 2018, 02:25:56 pm »

It affected the center of Tereshkova the turn before the desert fight. There was a whole shitstorm about it, even.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: June 01, 2018, 02:32:55 pm »

Ah, I forgot Cannala complained enough that sensei changed the rules midgame. Fair enough.

Still, aside from the larger payload, the turbohaast isn't doing much the current hast doesn't. It has a bigger payload and ground attack ability, sure, but it's just as vulnerable without completely owning the skies.

We already do decent ground attack with air superiority, that was never the issue.  Artillery has been an issue, for a long time.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: June 01, 2018, 03:07:32 pm »

The turbohaast also has an enhanced flare system.

On the topic of differences, the autocannons on the T-Haast can likely pierce bull tanks

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: June 01, 2018, 03:38:29 pm »

UF-MLRS-44 "Artemis" Pattern B (7) - eS, NAV, ConscriptFive, Jilladilla, QuakeIV, voidslayer, Happerry
UFAF-CAS-44 "TURBOHAAST": (7) - Andrea, RAM, Powder Miner, Taricus, Lightforger, Stabby, MoP
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Wizgrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: June 01, 2018, 05:21:10 pm »

UFAF-ARS-44 "Shield Maiden" VERSION 3- The Revisioning

The Shieldmaiden consist on an evolution of our DEADLIEST RAY radar, a centrimetric model which has been decomplexed in order to be mass produced. This model has the advantage of greater range and it is capable of detecting  very small objects in its screen, allowing any planes we set up this system with (basically any plane in our air force that has room for one) to detect the missiles at a distance to engage in evasive maneuvers.

The second part of the Shieldmaiden device consists in a flare box, integrated in all our planes fuselage in order to reduce air drag. The flares are rocket propelled and burn as hot as the engine of the plane shooting them, allowing us to make smaller flares (fit more in the same box) with better range without affecting effectivity. They are now designed to fall in front of the engine exhaust vastly improving the chance of the missile locking onto them. The flares projectiles can be instead repurposed with chaff, which shouldn´t mess up with our better defined radars.

Made another version tkaing into account Sensei´s comments
Perhaps we could fit this into a revision, although it would be a VH one.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6297 on: June 01, 2018, 10:29:02 pm »

UF-MLRS-44 "Artemis" Pattern B (8) - eS, NAV, ConscriptFive, Jilladilla, QuakeIV, voidslayer, Happerry, Parsely
UFAF-ARS-44 "Shield Maiden" Version 2: (4) - Wizgrot, Zanzetkuken, Kashyyk, Piratejoe

Caesar Josephus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: June 01, 2018, 11:07:25 pm »

I'm all for artemis b then. If we can't win in the desert then it won't matter whether or not our flares work.
"What could possibly go wrong?" - Quill18

I would be careful... Kamatec may seem jovial, but he secretly leads an endless legion of Lawyers.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: June 01, 2018, 11:30:40 pm »

I don't think the new Haast does enough to address the survivability issues of the current Haast.  Currently its just getting torn to bloody shreds on all fronts.  Proxy fused flak makes it useless at sea, missiles and contested airspace make it useless on land.  My general understanding is the Haast is pretty helpless against enemy jet fighters in general, its only been doing us good for so long because we have had effective air superiority (if not supremacy) for ages.

I think it needs a nice big, high visibility cockpit for spotting missiles and incoming jets, trans-sonic capability like the frightening so it can get in fast and then get out, and a co pilot to control the new flares and look out for missiles (since at this point you have a grand total of three seconds to react).  It could also probably benefit from radar for said copilot so he can do more to maintain situational awareness.  It should keep the electronic warfare bay so we can ideally give it more of that ability later, but hopefully it can just burn in at high speeds for its actions at sea and that will be enough to invalidate their flak.

e:
Think Thunderchief:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 11:36:52 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 500