Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 592265 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Spring 1943 (Design Phase)
« Reply #6120 on: May 23, 2018, 08:56:08 pm »

Design: UF-AMR-43 Horsekiller Mk II

Forenia is in deep trouble. 

Our country has lost ground, citizens have been displaced as the war encroaches on our homes, and our allies question our military prowess.  There is plenty of blame to go around for our misfortunes, but any true Forenian knows the real cause.

The Horsekiller is no longer in service.

Without the famed weapon and its horse-stopping abilities, filthy pirates have entered our home.  This is why we at Al-Fahad Home and Safety Firearms Inc. are proud to introduce the UF-AMR-43 Horsekiller Mk II!  A weapon truly worthy of carrying the name "Horsekiller", the Mk II features numerous improvements over the venerable predecessor. Rifled and elongated barrel. Bolt action for better accuracy, power, and reliability in harsh conditions. A multi-lug bolt to improve the repeatability of the bolts seal in the action and therefore the gas pressure curve experienced by the projectile. Eight-round magazine replacing the need to Breach-load after every shot. Recoil dampeners in the stock, padded cheek rest on the stock. Muzzle brake to reduce recoil or optional flash-hider. Dig-in adjustable bipods for ease of use, or you can can replace the bipod with large skids for use on very soft terrain like snow or loose sand. Light-weight but durable aluminum in all non-load-bearing components. The entire gun is painted camo to avoid giving the snipers position away. It even features a bayonet lug, perfect for motorcycle jousting and for skewering pirates as you drop from the sky.

Uses the new 15mm Horsekiller II cartridges, which are entirely different from the old .60 cal horsekiller cartriges. High-grade powder in brass casings, with increased powder loads to match the elongated barrel. The standard ammo is tungsten-core rounds to penetrate flimsy pirate armor, but it is also usable with all the ammo types we have developed so far (incendiary, explosive, hollow point, etc).

perhaps most importantly of all, non-[COMPLEX] UF-RS-43 Eagle Sight MKIII scopes for long-range pirate removal! Available in magnifications of 2x, 4x, or 8x. Scopes come with a sunshade to prevent scope glint. They also have markings to account for bullet drop and windage and assist with rangefinding. The new scopes can of course be used with any of our rifles, not just the Horsekiller II.

The Horsekiller Mk II is the rifle that will defend our homes. Combining Moskurg firepower with Arstotzkan precision gives us the most efficient method of pirate removal to date.  Whether it's camping in the dunes, hiding in a vantage point in the jungle, peeking out of a foxhole in the tundra, or killing pirates from the deck of a cargoship, there's no place at all the Horsekiller Mk II won't out-perform the competition.

Just check out what our proud Forenian marksmen had to say when they tried out the Horsekiller Mk II:
Code: [Select]
Lance Corporal Davydov Eriks Svyatoslavovich:
"This thing is a beast.  I mean it, it's like....a living, fuckin' breathing monster, belching fire and lead and shit.  You shoot the thing and you deaf for like, half a second.  I'd say it's frightening, if I were some kind of pussy pirate or something."

Lance Corporal Talaal al-Khatib
"This thing will blow your tits clean off.  I mean, *clean* off.  Whether you're getting hit by it, shooting it, standing nearby - bam.  Tits gone.  This thing is that powerful."

Lance Corporal Golovkin Valerianovich
"After trying this thing out, all I gotta say is whatever sonofabitch keeps our military from getting their hands on this thing is a traitor.  A real, god-damned traitor.  They would have to hate Forenia not to want us to be pointing these things at Cannalans."

The Horsekiller Mk II is a great gift for anyone!  Get your son one to teach him how to shoot.  Get your daughter one to keep her safe from the Cannalan Pirate Rapists!  Get one for your wife to carry to her bookclub meetings.  Get one yourself, for home defense!

The Horsekiller Mk II will kill a Bull as solidly as a horse.  If you are a true patriot with real Forenian blood in your veins, come get yours today.
I'm done.

Final features:
-Anti-Materiel Rifle, long rifled barrel, 15mm
-Bolt action, multi-lug bolt
-Recoil dampening stock
-Padded cheek rest
-Muzzle break OR flash hider
-Adjustable bipod OR soft terrain skids
-Partially made of aluminum
-Camo paint
-Bayonet lug

Scope:
-Not complex
-Can attach to all our rifles
-2x, 4x, or 8x magnification
-Markings for range finding, bullet drop, and windage
-Sunshade to prevent glint

Ammo:
-8 round magazine
-15mm bullet
-New tungsten core armour penetrating rounds
-Variety of usable old ammo types

Normal or hard. There is no way this is very hard. It is just a gun, way simpler than designing any new tank or warship or fighter jet.
Every small addition does actually help a small amount with sniping, except for the bayonet lugs which are there as a joke.

Congratulations on making a design proposal for a rifle that's as long as one for a tank! Sometimes I think "Maybe it's silly that a new jet takes about as long to design in this game as a new ground weapon" but you guys make it seem justified. There's nothing an engineer can't make complicated! :D

This is one of those designs which really makes me struggle to assign a difficulty too, because of the large number of different features which aren't too hard on their own but aren't related to each-other either. But here goes...

Hard but like one thing would push it to Very Hard: 4
UF-AMR-43 Horsekiller II:
Heir to the name of the venerable Moskurg Horsekiller .60 caliber rifle, the AMR-43 is at its core a bolt-action rifle with similarly enormous rounds for use as a heavy sniper rifle and anti-materiel rifle. The rifle itself could be described as "chubby", with a heavy 1.2m barrel and multi-lug bolt made of manganese-steel, while the furniture and accessory mounts milled from aluminum adding up to a 1.8m length in all. The barrel is tipped with a muzzle brake. It a purpose-made 15x120mm cartridge, typically with a hardened steel bullet. Despite its size being similar to the old Horsekiller round, the modern powder in these is considerably more potent. Each round is labeled "DO NOT INSERT INTO ORIGINAL HORSEKILLER - FATAL INJURY MAY OCCUR". These are loaded into an 8round box magazine, which makes the rifle rather tall. They are issued standard with the Eagle Sight MkIII on an accessory rail, a critical part of the rifle's performance (description separate). Other accessories include a padded cheek rest and rubber stock-end to absorb the absurd recoil, as well as an adjustable bipod which is necessary to keep the magazine off the ground when shooting from prone. Lastly, it is painted in theater-appropriate camo (green, desert, or urban gray) and as a matter of tradition it includes bayonet lugs, although the primary use of bayonets on this rifle is in posing for photos. It is never recommended to shoot from a standing position, though it is quite tall making prone shooters a more noticeable target than they would be with a normal rifle. While it's powerful enough to injure inexperienced shooters, the ballistic performance is excellent and it is has an effective range of more than one and a half kilometers. [4 Ore (1 Al), 3 Oil]

Eagle Sight MkIII: A refractive telescopic sight designed with the Horsekiller II in mind. It's quite large, like the rifle it sits on, with a 54mm objective lens that provides a clear, bright picture with lots of eye relief, and a rubber guard around the eye piece. It is adjustable from 4-8x magnification with a dial, and includes a very fine crosshair with elevation and windage markings, as well as range-finding markings ("find the circle that a standing pirate fits into completely"). It also has a long sunshade, which contributes to making the already large scope look enormous. Most of all though, it and the Eagle Sight MkII are cheap to produce. [2 Ore 1 Oil]

Not Included: Tungsten-core rounds
Note: Eagle Sight MkIII fits rail on M2 Osprey or AS-AR34, but it's comically large for the AR34.
Edited to add: 1.2m barrel, 1.8m length in all (including brake)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 09:04:26 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Spring 1943 (Revision Phase)
« Reply #6121 on: May 23, 2018, 09:29:49 pm »

So, umm, We were thinking of decomplexifying the radar, fixing the VVFQ's flight, Stealing the I.R., and, umm? Can we steal the I.R. more easily by decomplexing the missile? It would be an older version, but an easier roll, I think...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: May 23, 2018, 09:30:27 pm »

my vote is to steal the IR

they decomplexified it for us and everything

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: May 23, 2018, 09:40:40 pm »

Tungsten Rounds Doctrine
Modify the rounds used in all our guns (inc. Infantry, Tanks, AT, Autocannons, etc) to be able to utilize rounds either purely made of or tipped with Tungsten.

Depleted Uranium Rounds Doctrine
Modify the rounds used in all our guns (inc. Infantry, Tanks, AT, Autocannons, etc) to be able to utilize Lead or Tungsten rounds tipped with Depleted Uranium.

Latter is an 'after all, Sensei has noted it is possible for us to make nuclear weapons, and Depleted Uranium is made from stuff with lower contents of Uranium than what was mined rather than higher.'
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: May 23, 2018, 10:10:27 pm »

my vote is to steal the IR

they decomplexified it for us and everything
Won't stealing it just complexify it again? How far behind is the version in the missile we stole?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6125 on: May 23, 2018, 10:24:22 pm »

What if we revised an improvement to our rocket-assisted shells so they once again come to relevance and help our artillery as well as our navy?

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: May 23, 2018, 10:31:45 pm »

Quote from: Votes
Steal the latest Aswang (1) - QuakeIV

Yes, stealing it will complexify it again, but we will also actually have possession of it, and it was working fine for them as a complex thing.  We can decomplex later if we want.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: May 23, 2018, 10:32:33 pm »

Maybe a Salamander variant with a Sarukh?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: May 23, 2018, 10:33:44 pm »

Sarukh is a pile of hot garbage at this point, it is stated to be far shorter range than their autoloading artillery gun, and was said to have about the effective firing rate of conventional artillery since it takes so long to load.  We should design an all new MLRS thing or drop the idea entirely.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: May 23, 2018, 10:38:25 pm »

Quote from: Votes
(2) Steal the latest Aswang: QuakeIV, eS
-Name it UF-NV-43 "Vampire": eS

Specifically, the fact that it's not complex now means we don't get [COMPLEX]x2 when we steal it.  Right now they're uncontested at night in the jungle.

Anyone got a better name than "Vampire"?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6130 on: May 23, 2018, 10:49:40 pm »

but we will also actually have possession of it
If we roll well. We already have a slightly older version in the missile, and focusing on that might decomplex the missile if we roll well, and should give us a basic night-vision regardless. If we roll badly to steal we get nothing.
Read the First Post!

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: May 23, 2018, 10:51:26 pm »

The aswang is the night vision stuff, not the missile.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: May 23, 2018, 10:58:42 pm »

UF-43-SPMA "Olm"
The Olm is a new version of our venerable Salamander APC with it's main and, only new feature being a 120mm gun mortar turret. The gun mortar is little more then bits and piece from our other weapons recombined with nothing new in it. Compared to a howitzer a gun mortar is much lighter and has greatly reduced recoil at the cost of a moderate reduction of accuracy and range. Making use of our patented rocket assisted mortars the Olm is expected to match or possibly beat the range of their SPG(albeit with a smaller warhead and lesser accuracy). Thanks to it's greatly reduced stress the mortar receives it's can carry a warhead on par with a 155mm cannon(only when not using rocket assisted rounds). Thanks to it's ability to use a turret the Olm can act as a tank destroyer for while it's 120mm gun mortar lacks muzzle velocity; it's still a 120mm HEAT shell.

We already have have all the parts for a gun mortar so it's not really making something new rather it's just scaling some stuff and fitting it together. Our arty is quite poor and not river mobile. Further more if they don't get ERA or NRA we can massacre their expensive tanks with cheap Olms. Also it wouldn't surprise me if they upgrade their night vision this turn as it preformed poorly in the desert. So stealing it could back fire.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: May 23, 2018, 11:08:18 pm »

Damn. I did say that the 8 round mag could be too big. Should have actually added the smaller magazine option to the design.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: May 24, 2018, 12:53:48 am »

The aswang is the night vision stuff, not the missile.
The night vision is infrared, the missile has infrared. It is an infra-red-guided missile, it is guided in its current form, it has the night-vision components... It wouldn't be as good, but it would be an easier roll.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 500