Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 592674 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Winter 1943 (Design Phase)
« Reply #5970 on: May 11, 2018, 12:38:29 pm »

The HellFire is  over 300kg and quite slow. I'm sure we can  use our ex-wife to improve that.
...ex-wife?
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: May 11, 2018, 12:45:09 pm »

Feckin autocorrect. Should be experience. Obviously gained from the PAROI party.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: May 11, 2018, 02:14:08 pm »

So basically "revision to unleash the PAROI on the missile"?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: May 11, 2018, 02:52:08 pm »

What if we improved the accuracy of the missiles and put the guidance system on them to have a ground based anti-air missile platform.  They are cheap enough that we could totally deny access to airspace over our forces.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: May 11, 2018, 05:28:37 pm »

We have an airforce general. Denying the airspace seems like it would be failing to take advantage of that. The TurboHaast might be able to send missiles at their bombers?

Quote from: Demoniker Missile System
This weapon consists of two parts.
 Part 1 is a rocket based upon The Saruhk, aiming for under 50 kilograms and designed to be deployed from Haast's and large, but infantry-deployed tripods. The warhead is completely revised, having an armour-piercing case containing a coded transmitter(in a ceramic-armoured foam-filled box) at the back of a tube filled with oil with incendiary charges. Upon impact, the case embeds into a surface, the transmitter signals, and the oil reduces the transmitter's acceleration to within its tolerances and ignites with a relatively low burning temperature, safe for the transmitter, but hazardous to humans.
 Part 2 is a 500 kilogram radar-guided missile based upon the confiscated Hellfire and designed to be mounted primarily by heavily-modified Saruhk platforms and dropped from Reckless Effects or, if need be, Haasts. These pursues the beacon's placed by Part 1. It features an armoured armour-piercing case to aid in penetration and a delayed fuse to allow it to penetrate into armoured targets prior to detonating.
 These elements combined should allow for highly accurate and extremely powerful fire support in any location in which a Haast can fire a rocket or infantry can haul in baggage. Allowing for our forces in the field to direct fire for the purposes of destroying hardened targets, deforming terrain, and disrupting enemy deployments. To assist in this later effort, it is advised to produce "fake" rockets that do not actually broadcast, but encourage enemy forces to vacate the area or jump into a fire to disrupt a beacon. For some reason the smell of burning Canners is demoralising to pie-rat forces.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: May 12, 2018, 03:59:32 pm »

Alright, here is my idea.  We design a super heavy bomber to remove the jungle entirely, since we cant seem to win there, and then we revise our countermeasures to protect it from their missile threat.

UF-B-43-Ragnarok:
Based off of our large aircraft construction experience with the ice giant, we construct a high altitude jet heavy bomber akin to the b-52 (which I remind you was put into service in 1952).  It runs on four engines, and has a payload capacity of 20,000kg (about half that of the b-52).  It has a service cieling of 15km and a top speed of 1000km/h.  It has a pressurized cabin to sustain the crew at this altitude.  Though it is a general purpose bomber, it is primarily meant to carry many small napalm bomblets, partly derived from kots firecracker bomblet technology, designed to fan out over a wide area and start massive fires.  The goal of this aircraft is to completely remove the jungle and forest theatres from existence.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 04:01:50 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: May 12, 2018, 05:56:10 pm »

Uh, that will be pulverized by their missiles.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: May 12, 2018, 06:01:51 pm »

Quote from: revision
UF-RJ-42 'Fair Fight Module' Pattern B

A variation of the Fair Fight Module, designed to produce a varying electric field capable of prematurely detonating an electrostatic fuse.  The module is small enough to be fitted on planes with no appreciable increase in weight and powerful enough to generate a 500 meter field.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: May 12, 2018, 06:33:10 pm »

Quote from: revision
UF-RJ-42 'Fair Fight Module' Pattern B

A variation of the Fair Fight Module, designed to produce a varying electric field capable of prematurely detonating an electrostatic fuse.  The module is small enough to be fitted on planes with no appreciable increase in weight and powerful enough to generate a 500 meter field.

I look forward to the salt
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: May 12, 2018, 06:51:33 pm »

Well first, it will most likely fly well above their missiles, and second I was supposing this would go along with a countermeasure revision.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Wizgrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: May 12, 2018, 07:27:14 pm »

Grapejuice Cluster Bomb

The Whalesong has been one of the most effective factors to deny the enemy its naval superiority. And if mass deployed and hazardly postioned mines have work in the sea, who says they wonīt work on land too?

I present you the Grapejuice Cluster Bomb. A 500 kg bomb designed to burst in the air, spraying a large are with its submunitions, which can be either metal flechettes, napalm bomblets, or, more commonly a combination of the Rioja (3Kg, Anti-Personnel) and Bourbon (10 kg, Anti-Tank) mines. Both of this mines are designed to arm after the impact (deploying tripwires in the case of the Rioja) and are equipped with anti tampering mechanisms that detonates the bomb if it is moved or disturbed after arming. In a pinch, both models can be deployed by the men on the ground. They are painted to blend into the environment and coated with a slightly radioactive sand. This should ensure we will be able to find them when demining an area with a simple Geiger Counter, inspirited by German models. (Donīt mention this part in the report in case it goes through)

Having a quick an easy way to deploy mines and other munitions would allow us to finally dominate the ground

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: May 13, 2018, 12:33:16 am »

Since air superiority is the problem listed in the turn that is kicking out asses, and since their fighters having radar is the problem, why don't we take advantage of the fact that we have cavity magnetrons and should be able to do the same thing to in fact do the same thing? We have the research credit, too, to boot. Maybe we can make a god-tier fighter.

But that said! I can't emphasize this enough, this turn is IMPORTANT. Whatever we do, it should be big enough to use the Research Credit. If we don't use it now it will very, very possibly be too late.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 12:46:58 am by Powder Miner »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: May 13, 2018, 01:23:23 am »

Alright, less pessimistic design suggestion:

Quote from: Design
UF-GALT-43 "Last Chance"

The United Forenian Gyroscopic Auto-Loading Turret 1943 "Last Chance" is a turret designed to be compatible with our Very Expensive Bjorn Heavy, Expensive T33 Medium, and our Cheap T25 and Breaker Light tanks.

The UF-GALT-43 "Last Chance" makes use of a gyroscopic stabilizer to allow a tank to fire accurately while on the move.  The Auto-Loader reduces the size of the turret, and removes a loader from the already cramped confines of the Bjorn.  The Last Chance makes use of our 100 mm cannon, Very Heavy armor, flooded ammo stowage, and comes with a stencil and can of spray paint to allow crews to easily add kill markers to the side.

Our ships should already be equipped with stabilizers to prevent sea sway from throwing off aim, as well as elevators and automatic loaders for the larger ships.  If our navy is severely more outdated than we originally thought, we will go ahead and throw this technology on our ships as well.

If anyone has a better name, let me know
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 04:25:55 pm by evictedSaint »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: May 13, 2018, 02:07:40 am »

Having a quick an easy way to deploy mines and other munitions would allow us to finally dominate the ground
How effective would this be in the mountains?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: May 13, 2018, 02:16:48 am »

Quote from: Designs
(1) UF-GALT-43 "Last Chance": eS
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 500