Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 590655 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Winter 1941 (Design Phase)
« Reply #4725 on: July 04, 2017, 06:59:40 am »

Quote from: Votes
UF-PAR-41 "Trustfall" (3): Powder Miner, Jilladilla, Piratejoe
Z Improvements (1): SMMI
UF-IFV-41 Res (1): Sheb

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: July 04, 2017, 07:20:46 am »

UF-PAR-41 "Trustfall" (3): Powder Miner, Jilladilla, Piratejoe
Z Improvements (2): SMMI, Madman198237
I think we have a solid shot at gaining enough naval superiority to make a solid landing attempt on the Tundra, at least, we do if we deploy more jets. Grabbing the Tundra pushes their Bull back to VE, I believe, and will likely force the Spearhead to stay at E (At least after this turn, anyway), which will really hurt Cannala's armored advantage and air power.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Autumn 1941 (Revision Phase)
« Reply #4727 on: July 04, 2017, 09:16:14 am »

Revision: Saltgrinder Rocket Package

Based on the success of our mobile rocket-launcher artillery, the Saltgrinder Rocket Package is simply Sarukh rockets with a bit more warhead rather than propellant, mounted on the Salamander, Breaker, Stinger, and Haast.  Shorter rails for the rockets allows the configuration to be lighter, albeit with a penalty to accuracy.  At least two can be mounted on each Salamander, four on each Breaker, and up to a tonne on the Haast.  This shouldn't be an issue, since the weapon is designed to be used at shorter ranges or in dives.  The Saltgrinder can be mounted on Salamanders to give them a fighting chance against enemy tanks, on our Breakers to give them a larger punch against both heavy and lighter armor, and on our planes to give them a more accurate and proactive role in eliminating enemy tanks and light ships.

The Saltgrinder fills a role our army is missing. 

The jungle is going to be wet this year, so our fire weapons will be less effective.  The saltgrinder lets us still use our air power while being effective on the ground; combined with our new jet, it should be effective enough to ensure we gain ground.

The Saltgrinder is fully supported by the PAROI Party and carries their stamp of approval.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: July 04, 2017, 09:29:25 am »

UF-PAR-41 "Trustfall" (4): Powder Miner, Jilladilla, Piratejoe, Stabby
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: July 04, 2017, 09:39:54 am »

UF-PAR-41 "Trustfall" (5): Powder Miner, Jilladilla, Piratejoe, Stabby, NUKE9.13
Long Live United Forenia!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: July 04, 2017, 10:32:22 am »

UF-PAR-41 "Trustfall" (6): Powder Miner, Jilladilla, Piratejoe, Stabby, NUKE9.13, NAV
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: July 04, 2017, 12:23:26 pm »

UF-PAR-41 "Trustfall" (7): Powder Miner, Jilladilla, Piratejoe, Stabby, NUKE9.13, NAV, Taricus
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Winter 1941 (Revision Phase)
« Reply #4732 on: July 04, 2017, 01:31:01 pm »

I don't really believe a parachute will be helpful. What we need is something to get many troops plus heavy support onto the beaches without getting intercepted. For that, let's take the

UF-LSL-41 "Arbitrary Amphibian"
The United Forenian Landing Ship Large (41) "Arbitrary Amphibian" is what happens when you recognize the Archer cannot sink if it's beached. It removes the main guns, replacing them with mockups to save weight and adds bow doors and a ramp allowing infantry and vehicles to disembark directly onto the beach. Since it looks sufficiently similar to a real Archer, it can be hidden in formation. The addition of a few close-combat weapons to suppress beach defenses completes the vessel.

UF-PAR-41 "Trustfall" (7): Powder Miner, Jilladilla, Piratejoe, Stabby, NUKE9.13, NAV, Taricus
UF-LSL-41 "Arbitrary Amphibian" (1): 3_14159

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4733 on: July 04, 2017, 01:33:44 pm »

Whatever we design, I think we should revise this:

UF-PAR-41 'Trustfall': Our parachutes are old and ineffective. Time for an upgrade. The Trustfall series consists of both cargo and personnel parachutes, made from modern materials, designed by Forenia's top aerodynamics experts for optimum performance. The cargo varieties are designed to carry heavy payloads of up to several tonnes, with the possibility of multiple parachutes being used to allow even vehicles like the Salamander to be airdropped. The personnel varieties have also had their weight limit increased, but perhaps more importantly, modifications to the canopy and lines give the user a limited ability to manoeuvre during their descent, enabling paratroopers to land far more precisely and safely.

This would let us use the Ice Giant and Reckless Effect more effectively. See the note in the battle report about paratroopers lacking anti-armour equipment- this would fix that. And it is a necessary step if we want to launch large-scale aerial invasions.
Put a rocket on it.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: July 04, 2017, 01:50:50 pm »

Whatever we design, I think we should revise this:

UF-PAR-41 'Trustfall': Our parachutes are old and ineffective. Time for an upgrade. The Trustfall series consists of both cargo and personnel parachutes, made from modern materials, designed by Forenia's top aerodynamics experts for optimum performance. The cargo varieties are designed to carry heavy payloads of up to several tonnes, with the possibility of multiple parachutes being used to allow even vehicles like the Salamander to be airdropped. The personnel varieties have also had their weight limit increased, but perhaps more importantly, modifications to the canopy and lines give the user a limited ability to manoeuvre during their descent, enabling paratroopers to land far more precisely and safely.

This would let us use the Ice Giant and Reckless Effect more effectively. See the note in the battle report about paratroopers lacking anti-armour equipment- this would fix that. And it is a necessary step if we want to launch large-scale aerial invasions.
Note; a series of different parachutes is asking too much for a revision. I'll have you do the cargo ones; they're listed first and will probably make a bigger difference.

Normal: 5
UF-PAR-41 'Trustfall':
These are large, circular nylon parachutes, capable of supporting cargo crates on wooden pallets, or supporting some vehicles on a two-parachute rig with specialized wooden pallets under the wheels.

These will support your Salamander.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Winter 1941 (Strategy Phase)
« Reply #4735 on: July 04, 2017, 01:51:59 pm »

Our paratroopers are also getting salamanders. THAT will help in the jungle, and paradrops, immensely :D

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: July 04, 2017, 01:53:03 pm »

We'll be unstoppable on invasions, even if I worry about naval air power.

I mean, I suppose I shouldn't considering how much better our jets just became. Single-engine turbofans, single-engine turbofans everywhere!

Oh, for strategy:

Quote from: Strategy
1 Push North (Jungle): Madman198237
1 Push South (Tundra): Madman198237
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 01:55:02 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: July 04, 2017, 02:00:53 pm »

This is where we decide what to do with the Espionage Credit and the German Ore/Oil choice yeah?

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: July 04, 2017, 02:04:55 pm »

Indeed it is. Time to grab the victoria wouldn't you say?

I mean, I suppose I shouldn't considering how much better our jets just became. Single-engine turbofans, single-engine turbofans everywhere!
Did we bathtub those jet fighters?

Quote from: Strategy & Espionage
2 Push North (Jungle): Madman198237, Taricus
2 Push South (Tundra): Madman198237, Taricus

1 Steal the Cannalan Victoria: Taricus

1 Take the german ore: Taricus

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: July 04, 2017, 02:10:48 pm »

Quote from: Strategy & Espionage
2 Push North (Jungle): Madman198237, Taricus
2 Push South (Tundra): Madman198237, Taricus

2 Steal the Cannalan Victoria: Taricus, Madman198237

2 Take the german ore: Taricus, Madman198237

No, no bathtubs. They are defended by their maneuverability, like other fighters from the same era. A revision might include minor seat armor and some extra plates, along with an afterburner and/or the 25mm guns.
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 500