Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 592488 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Autumn 1939 (Strategy Phase)
« Reply #1590 on: May 14, 2017, 02:19:53 pm »

@Khan nationalism is the first step on that road, but I'll agree that we stop at fascism. Going down the road of eugenics and offing minorities isn't that productive (And no-one wants to bring up the old governments eugenics programs either.)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: May 14, 2017, 02:21:18 pm »

There were axis allies who retained their democracy. I don't see why we can't. Some parties will become stronger, communists may suffer a bit of repression, but nothing too bad.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: May 14, 2017, 02:23:42 pm »

It is not the most morally sound choice, no. But this is a game. We can be evil if we want to.

Or better yet, we can just be allies of convenience, and not be evil at all. I for one intend to fight to maintain democracy in Forenia... after joining with the Axis, of course.
Long Live United Forenia!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: May 14, 2017, 02:38:01 pm »

Add three points to your first choice, two points to your second choice, and one point to your third. Highest points win I've taken everyone's 3-point choice in already, so if you voted in the old votebox just add your second and third choices, and remove your name from the list at bottom.

ALLIES(36)
3 points: (9) Powder Miner, Stabby, Hibou, Lightforger, Madman198237, Piratejoe, evictedSaint, 3_14159, Khan Boyzitbig
2 points: (1) Azzuro, Taricus
1 point: (7) Andrea, Kot, helmacon, NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, Taricus, RAM

AXIS(45)
3 points: (12) Taricus, NUKE9.13, RAM, Andrea, NAV, strongpoint, Baffler, Kot, S34N1C, GUNINANRUNIN, helmacon, Kashyyk
2 points: (1) Piratejoe
1 point (7) Azzuro, evictedSaint, Hibou, Powder Miner, 3_14159, Khan Boyzitbig, Stabby

COMINTERN(40)
3 points: (4) Mulisa, VoidSlayer, Azzuro, Chiefwaffles
2 points: (12) Andrea, NUKE9.13, Kot, helmacon, evictedSaint, Kashyyk, Hibou, Powder Miner, 3_14159, Khan Boyzitbig, RAM, Stabby
1 point: (2) Piratejoe, Taricus

List of people who haven't put second and third choices: Lightforger, Madman198237, NAV, strongpoint, Baffler, S34N1C, GUNINANRUNIN, Mulisa, VoidSlayer, Chiefwaffles
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: May 14, 2017, 02:38:25 pm »

We can be evil if we want to.
But I don't want to side with the evil guys.  This happens every Arms Race game, they always end up committing war crimes and siding with the most evil people they can for the most trivial of advantages.  At this point I know I can't stop us from siding with them, but I want the record to show I fought this as best I could.

What are we going to do when Japan asks for assistance bombing pearl harbor?  What are we going to do when Germany asks us to send bombers to help hit civilian targets?  What are we going to do when the end of the war rolls around and the Allies start hitting us with war reparations?  And before you say "this is alternate history" think; do we really want the Axis to win?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 02:42:59 pm by evictedSaint »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: May 14, 2017, 02:40:04 pm »

Franco signed the anti-comintern pact (which I'm guessing is what joining the Axis entails) and gave Germany material and technical assistance, yet nobody cared about them after the war. They even made Japan pay Spain reparations over the Spanish missionaries killed in the invasion of the Philippines. We would likely find ourselves in a similar situation if the Axis lose.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Mulisa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: May 14, 2017, 02:58:01 pm »

Add three points to your first choice, two points to your second choice, and one point to your third. Highest points win I've taken everyone's 3-point choice in already, so if you voted in the old votebox just add your second and third choices, and remove your name from the list at bottom.

ALLIES(38)
3 points: (9) Powder Miner, Stabby, Hibou, Lightforger, Madman198237, Piratejoe, evictedSaint, 3_14159, Khan Boyzitbig
2 points: (3) Azzuro, Taricus, Mulisa

AXIS(46)
3 points: (12) Taricus, NUKE9.13, RAM, Andrea, NAV, strongpoint, Baffler, Kot, S34N1C, GUNINANRUNIN, helmacon, Kashyyk
1 point (8) Azzuro, evictedSaint, Hibou, Powder Miner, 3_14159, Khan Boyzitbig, Stabby, Mulisa

COMINTERN(37)
3 points: (3) VoidSlayer, Azzuro, Chiefwaffles
2 points: (12) Andrea, NUKE9.13, Kot, helmacon, evictedSaint, Kashyyk, Hibou, Powder Miner, 3_14159, Khan Boyzitbig, RAM, Stabby

FINLAND(3)
3 Points: (1) Mulisa
2 Points: (0)
1 Point: (0)

List of people who haven't put second and third choices: Lightforger, Madman198237, NAV, strongpoint, Baffler, S34N1C, GUNINANRUNIN, VoidSlayer, Chiefwaffles
...so my military were a bunch of bearded mud wrestlers.
Send in the plague kittens!

Glory to Forenia!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: May 14, 2017, 02:59:27 pm »

...Finland was not amongst the options Sensei gave us. Let's not make things even more confusing.
Long Live United Forenia!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1598 on: May 14, 2017, 03:00:02 pm »

ALLIES(37)
1 point: (6) Andrea, helmacon, NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, Taricus, RAM

AXIS(45)
3 points: (12) Taricus, NUKE9.13, RAM, Andrea, NAV, strongpoint, Baffler, S34N1C, GUNINANRUNIN, helmacon, Kashyyk
2 points: (2) Piratejoe, Kot
1 point (8) Azzuro, evictedSaint, Hibou, Powder Miner, 3_14159, Khan Boyzitbig, Stabby, Mulisa

COMINTERN(36)
2 points: (11) Andrea, NUKE9.13, helmacon, evictedSaint, Kashyyk, Hibou, Powder Miner, 3_14159, Khan Boyzitbig, RAM, Stabby
1 point: (3) Piratejoe, Taricus, Kot

FINLAND(3)

POLAND (3)
3 Points: (1) Kot
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: May 14, 2017, 03:01:27 pm »

ALLIES(37)
1 point: (6) Andrea, helmacon, NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, Taricus, RAM

AXIS(45)
3 points: (12) Taricus, NUKE9.13, RAM, Andrea, NAV, strongpoint, Baffler, S34N1C, GUNINANRUNIN, helmacon, Kashyyk
2 points: (2) Piratejoe, Kot

COMINTERN(35)
2 points: (11) Andrea, NUKE9.13, helmacon, evictedSaint, Kashyyk, Hibou, Powder Miner, 3_14159, Khan Boyzitbig, RAM, Stabby
1 point: (2) Taricus, Kot

FINLAND(4)
1 Point: (1) Piratejoe

POLAND (3)
3 Points: (1) Kot
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: May 14, 2017, 03:02:56 pm »

ALLIES(36)

AXIS(45)
1 point (7) Azzuro, evictedSaint, Hibou, Powder Miner, 3_14159, Khan Boyzitbig, Stabby

COMINTERN(40)

List of people who haven't put second and third choices: Lightforger, Madman198237, NAV, strongpoint, Baffler, S34N1C, GUNINANRUNIN, Mulisa, VoidSlayer, Chiefwaffles

They are not options.

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: May 14, 2017, 03:04:32 pm »

ALLIES(36)

AXIS(45)

COMINTERN(42)
2 points: (12) Andrea, NUKE9.13, Kot, helmacon, evictedSaint, Kashyyk, Hibou, Powder Miner, 3_14159, Khan Boyzitbig, RAM, Stabby, Lightforger

List of people who haven't put second and third choices: Madman198237, NAV, strongpoint, Baffler, S34N1C, GUNINANRUNIN, Mulisa, VoidSlayer, Chiefwaffles

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: May 14, 2017, 03:05:35 pm »

We could side with the axis and double cross them or use clandestine means to free those in need, or if the major powers ask us to aid them we can make demands of greater value or something.
We could use our embassies as part of the underground railroad and liberate the Jews(and others) (or as many as possible) and sabotage the axis if we wanted to be good guys while reaping the best benefits we can.

I personally see nothing wrong with stabbing villains in the back.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: May 14, 2017, 03:07:18 pm »

Lightforger you still have a one point vote you have to assign.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: May 14, 2017, 03:11:19 pm »

ALLIES(36)
2 points: (3) Azzuro, Taricus, S34N1C

AXIS(45)

COMINTERN(42)
2 points: (12) Andrea, NUKE9.13, Kot, helmacon, evictedSaint, Kashyyk, Hibou, Powder Miner, 3_14159, Khan Boyzitbig, RAM, Stabby, Lightforger
1 point: (3) Piratejoe, Taricus, S34N1C

List of people who haven't put second and third choices: Madman198237, NAV, strongpoint, Baffler, GUNINANRUNIN, Mulisa, VoidSlayer, Chiefwaffles
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 500