Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 591231 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Autumn 1939 (Design Phase)
« Reply #1380 on: May 13, 2017, 12:36:01 pm »

Youre absolutely right, kot. We could revise the Reckless to have retractable floats and forward opening bay doors.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: May 13, 2017, 12:51:17 pm »

Quote from: Votes
UF-LSL-39 "Tadpole": (4) Kashyyk, Hibou, Chiefwaffles, Powder Miner,
UF-SUB-1939 "Jonah": (1) strongpoint
UFS-LVT-40 39 "Tiger Shark" Variant B: (3) Stabby, Lightforger, helmacon
UFS-CL-39 'Stalwart Class': (1) Taricus
UF-39-LC "Gator":
UF-HAT-39-A "Vanguard": (1) Khan Boyzitbig
UF-RDN-39-2 "Deadlier ray": (12) Andrea, Kot, Mulisa, NUKE9.13, GUNINANRUNIN, Azzuro, Wolfhunter107, 3_14159, Piratejoe, NAV, evictedSaint, Madman198237
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: May 13, 2017, 01:25:32 pm »

Quote from: Votes
UF-LSL-39 "Tadpole": (3) Kashyyk, Chiefwaffles, Powder Miner,
UF-SUB-1939 "Jonah": (1) strongpoint
UFS-LVT-40 39 "Tiger Shark" Variant B: (3) Stabby, Lightforger, helmacon
UFS-CL-39 'Stalwart Class': (1) Taricus
UF-39-LC "Gator":
UF-HAT-39-A "Vanguard": (1) Khan Boyzitbig
UF-RDN-39-2 "Deadlier ray": (13) Andrea, Kot, Mulisa, NUKE9.13, GUNINANRUNIN, Azzuro, Wolfhunter107, 3_14159, Piratejoe, NAV, evictedSaint, Madman198237, Hibou

We can get a lander through a revision.

Sounds like a plan.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: May 13, 2017, 01:25:51 pm »

Looks like radar it is! I'll write it up soon.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: May 13, 2017, 01:39:42 pm »

Hey, hey, friends.
What about we spend the design turn on something actually useful, and revise our destroyer into LCI, but also put an vehicle ramp on it, or something?
Something like this, perhaps:

RDN-39-2 "DEADLIER RAY"
Building on the experience of the Death Ray, engineers worked round the clock to develop newer, more advanced Radar. Since regular radio equipment cannot generate waves of the right wavelength and power, they focused their efforts on a device more suited to the task. Their solution: they used a 'Klystron', a device capable of generating a highish-frequency and highish powered output.
The Deadlier Ray is substantially smaller than the Death Ray, and is more accurate thanks to the shorter wavelength, and gets a clearer response thanks to the higher power. It is small enough to be mounted on a truck, or more importantly a ship. A single unit is capable of determining direction and range, with possible modifications allowing for altitude to be detected as well.

Normal: 2
RDN-39-2 "DEADLIER RAY":
The "Deadlier Ray" is a more sophisticated radar, using an array of antennae on a rotating swivel, a single unit can get the direction and range of enemy aircraft. It's huge though, and requires a building or an entire dedicated CV-22 ship to manage all the equipment. The operator can see air contacts on a CRT display with a circular progression, it looks really cool and goes beep. [Complex]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 01:50:32 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: May 13, 2017, 01:55:55 pm »

Good-e-nuff.

Time for that lander, eh?

UFS-LC-39 "DUCHESS"
Forenian naval engineers were initially baffled by the Walrus. After getting over it, they decided that anything Cannala can do, Forenia can do better. Albeit significantly smaller.
The Duchess is a modified Archer, designed to ferry troops and materiel. The already reasonably shallow draft is made even shallower towards the fore. The two turrets are removed for weight considerations. The top half of the prow has been cut away, and replaced with a folding ramp, which allows vehicles stored beneath the deck to drive out. There is room for three tanks and enough soldiers to storm a beach.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 02:31:24 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: May 13, 2017, 02:02:44 pm »

1,3,2.... our rolls for radar are plain awful :(

Once again, I am absolutely sure that we need a revision to secure our win in jungles not try to capture Tundra when we have a very low chance of succeeding even with the perfect for the lander.

They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: May 13, 2017, 02:04:55 pm »

Hmmm will that's pretty good for for our roll in this case. During winter we should get naval detection(Sensei has stated it can't detect ships), smaller size, and possibly a better range. If we do that we will have a huge air and naval advantage for the rest of war or until they make their own. Also I'm miffed that someone dropped my vote for the vigil but, we got radar anyway so it's all good.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: May 13, 2017, 02:05:37 pm »

Why do you say we have a very low chance of success on the Tundra? Previous battles before we got pushed out there stated that it was getting very close and the air mitigation was keeping us back, and we are continually destroying their naval superiority which is our present problem.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: May 13, 2017, 02:06:11 pm »

Once again, I am absolutely sure that we need a revision to secure our win in jungles not try to capture Tundra when we have a very low chance of succeeding even with the perfect for the lander.
I'm inclined to agree, actually. Do you have any suggestions for a revision that would help in the Jungle?
Long Live United Forenia!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: May 13, 2017, 02:11:58 pm »

Note that radar can't detect enemy ships and it makes it relatively useless for our ships. It will become useful if we will lose our air superiority in the sea but in the current situation it doesn't help our landers reaching the shore

As for revisions. I'd say upgrade our aging medium bombers, make bomber version of our Reckless Effort, develop HMG version of Sorraria, upgrade our armored car, upgrade anmy of our tanks, create flamethrower version of our heaviest tank. There are many options
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: May 13, 2017, 02:13:41 pm »

Revision: Explosive Reactive Armor.
Essentially two metal plates sandwiching an explosive liner, ERA is a rather simple design that has never been deployed for the same reason the medium-caliber assault rifle has never been deployed; no one has ever though of it before.  When struck by a shaped charge, the ERA section explodes, both forcing the offending projectile away and distributing the force of the attack across a wider section of armor.  This prevents penetration of the vehicle.  ERA is segmented into multiple sections that can each prevent an attack only once before being replaced.  Multiple strikes to the same location will not be prevented.  ERA is modular and comes in an upgrade kit, allowing tanks in the field to be equipped with the new armor and have damaged sections replaced between combat.

Because we're suffering in the plains, tundra, and jungle because our armor is outclassed, this revision should be an easy, yet effective, advantage we can roll out.  It will affect all armored vehicles and beat enemy HEAT rounds.  It's also simple enough that it could very likely be an Easy revision.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 02:21:17 pm by evictedSaint »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: May 13, 2017, 02:15:17 pm »

I leave satisfied www doing something amphibious (as they both have eight votes), three hours later a design I haven't seen wins. I don't have the time to react to this nonsense!

Anyway, as people are arguing against landers still, I suggest the Croc again as I its amphibious but primarily competition to the Canallan APC. I still want a lander, but the chance of my own design winning would be a satisfactory alternative.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: May 13, 2017, 02:17:11 pm »

Explosive reactive armor.... 1960s tech in a mere revision? No, thanks.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: May 13, 2017, 02:19:05 pm »

Explosive reactive armor.... 1960s tech in a mere revision? No, thanks.

Why not?  It's a simple tech that no one tried because they simply never thought about it.  Last Arms Race has assault rifles in WW1.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 500