Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 591928 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Winter 1938 (Revision Phase)
« Reply #615 on: May 05, 2017, 01:31:57 pm »

Yeah, I almost said they were dangerous obstruction on deck but I was like, nahhhh, they rolled a 6 I have to be nice. :P

Edit: So what will it be for revisions? HF-32?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #616 on: May 05, 2017, 01:35:09 pm »

TPD Dolphin' 38-2: (2) evictedSaint, GUNINANRUNIN

Say goodnight to the Khorne-class. If this works then their torpedo belts are obsolete.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Winter 1938 (Design Phase)
« Reply #617 on: May 05, 2017, 01:35:51 pm »

Holy shit.  Our Carrier is only expensive, and if we manage to get the ore incoming it become CHEAP.

Anyway, possible revision:

UF-AT-38 'Pelican'
A five-engine variant of the AS-1931-HAFB, this aircraft could possibly be viewed as simply a larger version of that craft, with one exception.  The plane does not have bays for the deployment of bombs, instead, its bay is utilized for either the transport of resources and supplies, or for deployment of large compliments of paratroopers outside of a door at the rear of the plane.

Gives us paratroopers to keep allowing for us to press our land advantage, and on our next turn, this will give us access to the resources of Myark.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 05, 2017, 01:37:48 pm »

HF-32b "Stinger" Our old craft needs to be brought up to par with modern enemies. The gear must be made retractable, to improve reliability and performance. To comply with added performance, an oxygen mask must be added to the design as well. Should the 2 tasks prove to be as easy as they will be for our GLORIOUS engineers, the propeller design will be examined for efficiency improvements.

TPD 'Dolphin' 38-2: (2) evictedSaint, Andrea
HF-32b 'Stinger': (0)
UF-AT-38 'Pelican': (0)

@Zanzetkuken, our plane can ALREADY deploy paratroopers, and it is mentioned as doing so in the reports.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 01:40:22 pm by andrea »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 05, 2017, 01:56:28 pm »

Quote from: PA-38 "Tiger 2" Personnel Armor
Moskurg's Tiger armour was a desperate attempt to close the gap in the latter stages of the unification war. Now that we have more resources, more time and less pressure we can design a better version. This suit is made entirely of aluminium for the reduced weight, whilst also being extended to cover the previously exposed forearms, shins, hands and feet. This weight reduction, along with general smithing  improvements affords the wearer a greater degree of movement, comfortably crouching or lying prone. The improved coverage also allows the Armor to be used offensively on the move.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 05, 2017, 02:03:04 pm »

Thinking about the revision. With our quite cheap carrier, no matter what they design to regain air superiority we will probably at least have an air advantage in the sea. We may want to capitalize on that now, at least to give them a scare.
On the other side, this only helps us at sea and the battleground where we are fighting is the least affected by sea combat, while ensuring air superiority is crucial. our carriers will probably not be able to help, being busy to fight in the seas.

@kahyyk: unification war? eww. It was the Glorious conquest of moskurg.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 05, 2017, 02:10:10 pm »

TPD 'Dolphin' 38-2: (3) evictedSaint, Andrea, Azzuro
PA-38 "Tiger 2" Personnel Armor: (0)

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE CARRIER!

Since we just got a good roll on the carrier, I think it's best to improve our torpedoes to capitalise on that and work towards winning (or at least not losing) the seas. The revised HF-32b seems unnecessary as we are already stated to have air superiority through the Yellowjacket swarms. Similarly, I don't really see the need for personnel armour either as we are winning in the jungle.

The 'Pelican' transport/paratransport sounds interesting though, especially as it may help bring the carrier down to cheap. If I'm not wrong, assuming we conquer Myark in Winter '38, we still have to wait until Spring '39 to start getting the ore, so we could revise that next turn and still get it at the same time.

United Forenia Forever!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 05, 2017, 02:13:30 pm »

@Andrea: As a Forenian of Moskurgian descent, I prefer my name for it.  :P

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 05, 2017, 02:14:06 pm »

as an Arstotzkan who fought in the last war, I prefer my name :P

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 05, 2017, 02:17:49 pm »

Pelican is a good idea - next turn.  For now we need to press our carrier advantage.  With actually lethal torpedos we could actually sink a battleship.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 05, 2017, 02:20:48 pm »

I will note that while we are winning in the jungle, we are currently doing so mostly thanks to great air advantage, which they will almost surely try to counter. if we don't revise the HF, we are at a moderate risk of losing our greatly enjoyed air superiority and stopping our advance in the jungle.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 05, 2017, 02:24:08 pm »

So, uh, those carriers are ludicrously cheap. Is that for definite the final cost?

TPD 'DOLPHIN' 38-2: An all-around better torpedo.  A magnetic detenator is installed in the nose, allowing it to run deeper and hit the vulnerable "spine" of enemy ships.  If time allows, also strengthen the wet-heater motor to let it run a longer distance after being dropped.
Hmm. Add in breakaway wooden stabilisers to improve aerodynamics, which enable them to be dropped at higher speeds and altitudes. Do that, and you have my vote.

TPD 'Dolphin' 38-2: (4) evictedSaint, Andrea, Azzuro, NUKE9.13
Long Live United Forenia!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 05, 2017, 02:30:34 pm »

TPD 'Dolphin' 38-2: (5) evictedSaint, Andrea, Azzuro, NUKE9.13, Stabby

We might want to look at designing a new fighter from the ground up instead of revising our older ones.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 05, 2017, 03:03:02 pm »

We might want to revise the guns on the destroyer to be bigger. If we can do that our destroyers can easily keep the enemy ships out of range. Not bad for a bunch of cheap, shit ships :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 05, 2017, 03:07:32 pm »

Iirc they "match" range, but are shredded because they are unarmored and have poor stopping power.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 500