Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 591505 times)

Wizgrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Summer 1945 (Design Phase)
« Reply #6975 on: July 23, 2018, 01:05:25 pm »

Also, more mine laying capabilities, which would make easierfor us to play area denial with the Cannalans in the sea.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6976 on: July 23, 2018, 01:06:38 pm »

Actually the flying boat is going to be a gigantic waddling skeet compared to NUKE's LAB. It has a higher payload and more seaborne capabilities (though NUKE's can take external fuel tanks to give it extreme range, it looks like) but less speed and more cost for certain. And it'll be less useful over land (which is presently the most important theater) and more vulnerable to SAMs and other missiles.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Wizgrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: July 23, 2018, 01:09:03 pm »

Actually the flying boat is going to be a gigantic waddling skeet compared to NUKE's LAB. It has a higher payload and more seaborne capabilities (though NUKE's can take external fuel tanks to give it extreme range, it looks like) but less speed and more cost for certain. And it'll be less useful over land (which is presently the most important theater) and more vulnerable to SAMs and other missiles.

Why would it be more susceptible to missiles? It has UV reflecting paint while the other doesnīt and the whole suite of countermeasures. Also, I donīt see why the floatplane canīt take fuel tanks as part of the cargo.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: July 23, 2018, 01:15:13 pm »

I figured the increased capacity might appeal to Hammer voters, as I assume that's why they're voting for it over the Dustbiter. And getting more of an advantage at sea would be nice. That said, the Dustbiter would definitely have a higher performance over land/shore areas. But the Iceberg might be slightly less difficult. It's a tricky choice.

Incidentally, if you are a Hammer voter, am I correct in my assessment of why you prefer the Hammer, or is there some other reason?
Long Live United Forenia!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6979 on: July 23, 2018, 01:22:38 pm »

Actually the flying boat is going to be a gigantic waddling skeet compared to NUKE's LAB. It has a higher payload and more seaborne capabilities (though NUKE's can take external fuel tanks to give it extreme range, it looks like) but less speed
Wouldn't be so sure. Seaplanes aren't inherently slower for some reason. The plane I based it on (Which again, can lift like 40 tons) was going over 1000km/h "on the table", and it was noted few other planes of the era could match it's speed.
The smaller Soviet Be-10 has set quite a lot of own speed and altitude records.

and more cost for certain. And it'll be less useful over land (which is presently the most important theater) and more vulnerable to SAMs and other missiles.
Wouldn't be so sure. It can do the same thing as the low altitude bomber and fly low, not to mention the fact that like 3/4 of the combat area is archipelago, where seaplanes should have really easy access to land, making it pretty even.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6980 on: July 23, 2018, 02:49:56 pm »

You know you can just say "please don't lock" instead right? ;)
Maybe tell them to get more people then.
Are you quite certain that you aren't just trolling?
It's okay, the Cannalans have been tied at a 2-2 vote since well before I went to bed last night because nobody looks in their thread anymore.
If it would help, I am sure that many loyal Forenians would be happy to look at the thread of the despicable Canners!

Quote from: Revision: Infantry Quality of Life Expansion
Our aircraft are unhappy with their outfits and complaining about sunburn. We are giving them nice U.V. reflecting coats, incorporating modern materials, and refitting them for more flexibility.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6981 on: July 23, 2018, 04:03:47 pm »

Oh don't mind Kot, he's always trolling. Anyway, the remaining votes are nearly a three-way tie between the Hammer of Forenia, Dustbiter (with curiously enough Zanz himself no longer voting for it) and the Iceberg. Such suspense! Those of you voting for the Archer II and Ekaternia might want to re-vote for one of the three bomber designs and help make the final decision.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6982 on: July 23, 2018, 04:08:24 pm »

I will tiebreak in favour of the Dustbiter if necessary (ie if the votes don't move for a while).
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6983 on: July 23, 2018, 04:52:05 pm »

Quote from: Sub voters, sign below
UFAF-SNB-45 'Tubby Duckling' (0):
Microprocessors (0) :
UF-GEV-45 Ekaterina (1) : 10ebbor10
UFN-SS-45 Archer II (2) : Cnidaros, Chiefwaffles
UFAF-JB-45 Hammer of Forenia (7): eS, Happerry, Taricus, Conscript Five, Parsely, Stabby, Zanzetkuken
UFAF-LAB-45 Dustbiter (8) : Andrea, RAM, Madman, McHuman, Wolfhunter, Jilladilla, helmacon, Kashyyk
UFAF-HB-45 "Spectre" (0) :
UFAF-HAFB-45 "Iceberg" (6): Wizgrot, NAV, helmacon, Kot, Powder Miner, NUKE9.13

The dustbiter is the least moronic of the missile magnets.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6984 on: July 23, 2018, 07:16:38 pm »

Considering how controversial this is, I'll leave it a little longer. But if it doesn't change in a few hours I'll roll for the Dustbiter, which is currently in a narrow lead.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Qassius

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a Russian Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6985 on: July 23, 2018, 08:10:32 pm »

Microprocessors (0) :
UFAF-JB-45 Hammer of Forenia (7­): eS, Happerry, Taricus, Conscript Five, Parsely, Stabby, Zanzetkuken
UFAF-LAB-45 Dustbiter (8­) : Andrea, RAM, Madman, McHuman, Wolfhunter, Jilladilla, helmacon, Kashyyk
UFAF-HAFB-45 "Iceberg" (7): Wizgrot, NAV, helmacon, Kot, Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Qassius
Tbh, I'm rather partial to the hammer but I don't want to tie the vote.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6986 on: July 23, 2018, 08:25:01 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
Microprocessors (0) :
UFAF-JB-45 Hammer of Forenia (6­): eS, Happerry, Conscript Five, Parsely, Stabby, Zanzetkuken
UFAF-LAB-45 Dustbiter (9­) : Andrea, RAM, Madman, McHuman, Wolfhunter, Jilladilla, helmacon, Kashyyk, Taricus
UFAF-HAFB-45 "Iceberg" (7): Wizgrot, NAV, helmacon, Kot, Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Qassius
Because like hell am I supporting a floatplane.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6987 on: July 23, 2018, 08:26:38 pm »

Microprocessors (0) :
UFAF-JB-45 Hammer of Forenia (6­): eS, Conscript Five, Parsely, Stabby, Zanzetkuken
UFAF-LAB-45 Dustbiter (9­) : Andrea, RAM, Madman, McHuman, Wolfhunter, Jilladilla, helmacon, Kashyyk, Taricus
UFAF-HAFB-45 "Iceberg" (8): Wizgrot, NAV, helmacon, Kot, Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Qassius, Happerry
I like the Iceberg more then the Dustbiter.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6988 on: July 23, 2018, 09:11:10 pm »

Microprocessors (0) :
UFAF-JB-45 Hammer of Forenia (6­): eS, Conscript Five, Parsely, Stabby, Zanzetkuken
UFAF-LAB-45 Dustbiter (8­) : Andrea, RAM, Madman, McHuman, Wolfhunter, Jilladilla, Kashyyk, Taricus
UFAF-HAFB-45 "Iceberg" (8): Wizgrot, NAV, helmacon, Kot, Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Qassius, Happerry

same
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6989 on: July 23, 2018, 09:14:10 pm »

Microprocessors (0) :
UFAF-JB-45 Hammer of Forenia (5): eS, Parsely, Stabby, Zanzetkuken
UFAF-LAB-45 Dustbiter (9) : Andrea, RAM, Madman, McHuman, Wolfhunter, Jilladilla, Kashyyk, Taricus, Conscript Five
UFAF-HAFB-45 "Iceberg" ( 8 ): Wizgrot, NAV, helmacon, Kot, Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Qassius, Happerry

Ok, let's at least not do the floatplane with a tailgun.  It's regressive AF.
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 500