Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 592144 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Spring 1943 (Revision Phase)
« Reply #6150 on: May 24, 2018, 02:03:15 pm »

Quote from: Votes
(2) Steal the latest Aswang: QuakeIV, eS
-Name it UF-NV-43 "Vampire": eS
(3)Decomplexify Radar: Kashyyk, Madman, Powder Miner, Piratejoe
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Spring 1943 (Design Phase)
« Reply #6151 on: May 24, 2018, 02:28:13 pm »

I almost forgot about the padded cheek rest!
What cheek?.

I AM curious about the possibility of red dot sights for a marksman variant.
Ever try to look at your phone outside in the afternoon? Even modern red dot sights kind of suck to use during the daytime because the dot isn't bright enough. Also, LEDs didn't become commercially viable until the 60s, not that that's stopped us from inventing things that didn't exist in actual history but you need integrated circuits and that sounds rough.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: May 24, 2018, 03:32:23 pm »

I know I haven't really been playing at all in the slightest as of late but...I just realized and wanted to point out, we don't really have a tactical bomber, just cas and fighters.
We sorta do. 1931 HAFB. It only has a 2 ton bomb load and is very obsolete.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Wizgrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6153 on: May 24, 2018, 03:38:07 pm »

UF-MINE-43 "Pinata"

A 500 kg variation of the wildly successful Firecracker bomb, the Pinata is an easy-to-deploy area-denial weapon that operates on the exact same altitude-based dispersion method. Commonly deployed by air, this new weapon disperses Rum mines (3Kg, Anti-Personnel), a simple variation on our existing mines.  These mines are sturdy enough to survive being dropped out of a plane and arm themselves shortly after being deployed.  They are possible to detect with Geiger detectors (which we will develop alongside them) thanks to radioactive sand mixed in their paint, but the main purpose is to slow down enemy advancement and force them to advance along chosen chokepoints.  The Rum mines are small and dark-colored, and easily hidden beneath foliage and dirt.

Additionally, Cigar (10 kg, Anti-Tank) mines can be intermixed into the deployment package to prevent armor from easily punching through mined areas. A small number of parachuted Whalesong mines will be an option as well when we fell than we aren´t doing our best at converting the sea into a death trap.

These mines are sensitive enough to detonate when stepped on or tampered with.  They come camouflaged and self-deactivate after a period of three months.

(1) UF-MINE-43 "Pinata": Wizgrot

Stealing something is going to make it complex for us no matter what we do. And, as eS already suggested, combat in the Jungle isn´t affected as much by the Air force. Maybe, if we did more than decomplexify the radar (improve the range, resolution...etc.) that might be worth, helping us in many theaters, but a barebone decomplexing won´t make the cut.

A way to riddle our enemies with mines is the best way to halt their advance, both in the Land and in the Sea.

(I suggest not mentioning the thing about radioactive sand din the battle report. See reference:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topfmine)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 03:41:37 pm by Wizgrot »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: May 24, 2018, 03:39:28 pm »

It's so obsolete we don't use it anymore. But yeah we could do with a tactical bomber and maybe new bombs in the future, something to add to the honestly at this point really long list of things to do.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: May 24, 2018, 03:49:16 pm »

(2) UF-MINE-43 "Pinata": Wizgrot, NAV
[WARCRIMES]
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6156 on: May 24, 2018, 04:47:30 pm »

(4)Decomplexify Radar: Kashyyk, Madman, Powder Miner, Piratejoe
(3) UF-MINE-43 "Pinata": Wizgrot, NAV, Parsely

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: May 24, 2018, 04:53:09 pm »

(5)Decomplexify Radar: Kashyyk, Madman, Powder Miner, Piratejoe, Taricus
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: May 24, 2018, 05:00:53 pm »

I reiterate:
Not-[Complex] radar will help sea and air, and thus land. After all, we were EVEN in the sea this turn. With improved air advantage and better navy, we might just be capable of advancing in a couple different places. Also, if the Canners buff air, radar helps counter that. If they work on sea, radar helps counter THAT too.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6159 on: May 24, 2018, 05:53:44 pm »

-
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 05:56:21 pm by Parsely »

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: May 24, 2018, 06:17:15 pm »

(5)Decomplexify Radar: Kashyyk, Madman, Powder Miner, Piratejoe, Taricus, ConscriptFive

Anybody actually going to do a writeup for the RADAR or are we going to let sensei freestyle it?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: May 24, 2018, 07:08:09 pm »

I am not sure if the scale is appropriate, but phased-arrays sound very sci-fi...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: May 24, 2018, 10:09:41 pm »

While the Radar being un-[Complex]ed would help a bit everywhere, our main concern is the Jungle. And while stealing their Nightvision may not be the most pleasant path; it would likely aid us much more in our fight there.
(3) Steal the latest Aswang: QuakeIV, eS, Jilladilla
-Name it UF-NV-43 "Vampire": eS, Jilladilla
(5)Decomplexify Radar: Kashyyk, Madman, Powder Miner, Piratejoe, Taricus, ConscriptFive

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: May 24, 2018, 10:12:46 pm »

Remember, the Reverse Engineering rules were designed to make up huge gaps in technology like this specific case.

Cannala has six turns of designs and revisions on us, and they spent them mostly on the Night Vision and Missile.

Let's not forget, the jungle is exactly where their night vision will be the most effective.  Letting them be the only side with NV is disastrous - they literally get 50% of the turn completely unopposed.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: May 25, 2018, 12:25:04 am »

Pretty much all of our ships already have radar, and we have enough ground based radar for most of our needs.  Cheapening it will be marginal.  If we wanted a huge air advantage we should try to cheapen the engine cost again, then we get the same number of radar fighters since it drops a cost bracket either way, and also get more regular fighters.

Even better would be to just steal the night vision since we can probably get useful amounts of their night vision with just a revision.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 500