Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 592235 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Spring 1943 (Design Phase)
« Reply #6075 on: May 22, 2018, 11:00:52 pm »

We should revise the tiger armor!  I knew it was still effective!

lol no lets not do that.

So what about a radio controlled long range missile?

Or a massive battle tank of some kind.

Or since we are even on the sea, a submarine.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: May 22, 2018, 11:19:54 pm »

Panoptica:
Gyroscopic reflex sights, artificial sapphires, holographic sights, transparent ceramics, acrylics, stereoscopic/laser rangefinders... We finally solve our old "not enough scopes" problem and fix up all our other sights too with long-overdue technologies and some industrial production of artificial gems and advanced materials. We have cheap options where we need them, superior transparent armour, predictive sights for our vehicles, rangefinders everywhere, and we apply it to all of our stuff. Long overdue.
We were drinking paint-thinner in a room with many Tesla-coils, death-rays, all manner of lamps, and a large mound of artificial gemstones. One thing led to another and 9-months later we had lasers...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: May 22, 2018, 11:23:28 pm »

UF-MLRS-43 "Artemis" - An amphibious multiple rocket launcher, with a mobile lightweight frame based on our Salamander chassis.  It carries 3 meter long 120mm rockets, and has an intended accurate range of 20km, carrying a 20kg warhead, the rockets are launched electrically as in the SARUKH.  The rockets are banked in grids of 40 rocekts, 4 rows of 10, in tubes.  The rocket grid is meant to tilt back to 90 degrees as part of its regular elevation mechanism to drop a grid of rockets onto the ground and quickly load another grid stood up on its end from a truck.  The intention of this feature is to quickly reload as an improvement on the SARUKHs relatively lackluster effective rate of fire.  It can lock its suspension to provide a stable platform of fire, and its aiming mechanism and panoramic telescope sight are designed to try to extend its accurate range out to the full 20 kilometers.

e:  Comes with camo netting to set up over it, assuming that is not a hugely difficult thing to throw in.  Can be used with our other equipment as well.

Quote from: Vote Thing
UF-MLRS-43 "Artemis" (1) - QuakeIV
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:44:19 am by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: May 22, 2018, 11:29:52 pm »

(1) UF-MLRS-43 "Artemis" : QuakeIV
(1) Horsekiller Mk II: eS

Vote for the Horsekiller Mk II! A vote for a Horsekiller is a vote for Forenia!  Who wouldn't want an anti-material rifle that also doubles as a long-range blender?  Let's scramble an ATGM crew before they can even fire a shot >:]
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:01:55 am by evictedSaint »

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: May 23, 2018, 12:03:03 am »

A hugeass rocket launcher is clearly superior in all important regards.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: May 23, 2018, 12:18:18 am »

Uggh I like the horse killer but rockets...

I'm gonna vote for the Artemis for now but it is a tough choice.

(2) UF-MLRS-43 "Artemis" : QuakeIV, VoidSlayer
(1) Horsekiller Mk II: eS

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: May 23, 2018, 12:24:02 am »

This vote is subject to change once people start coming up with more ideas, but I really do like the idea of getting a sniper rifle and decomplexing our scopes (this is the part that I REALLY like) in the process. Admittedly, I'm not sure if the sniper here is reaching for too much, but fuck does it look good. Plus... there were snipers in 'nam and shit, right?
(2) Horsekiller Mk II: eS, Powder Miner

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: May 23, 2018, 12:30:25 am »

I'm definetly going to want the Artemis next round but for this round better scopes seems good and a good infantry portable anti-vehicle weapon too.
(3) Horsekiller Mk II: eS, Powder Miner, Happerry
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: May 23, 2018, 12:30:43 am »

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:40:55 am by QuakeIV »
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: May 23, 2018, 01:45:17 am »

(4) Horsekiller Mk II: eS, Powder Miner, Happerry, Kashyyk

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: May 23, 2018, 02:13:42 am »

I feel as though the terrain here is a bit stereotypical. The jungle is almost all thick tree canopy that reduces a sniper's vision and thus effective range. We have various weapons that should clear terrain, and a sniper can be plenty lethal at shorter ranges, so they are very fare from useless, but I would still expect them to get a debuff in jungle compared to less cluttered terrains. Unless we have some means to negate that...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: May 23, 2018, 03:59:51 am »

(5) Horsekiller Mk II: eS, Powder Miner, Happerry, Kashyyk

These aren't regular snipers. These are anti-vehicle snipers.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Wizgrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: May 23, 2018, 06:24:50 am »

Grapejuice Cluster Bomb

The Whalesong has been one of the most effective factors to deny the enemy its naval superiority. The firecracker cluster bomb, one of the most effective ways to deal with our enemies in the jungle. Why not try to combine both?

I present you the Grapejuice Cluster Bomb. A 500 kg bomb designed to burst in the air, spraying a large are with its submunitions, which can be either metal flechettes, napalm bomblets, Whalesongs, or, more commonly a combination of the Rioja (3Kg, Anti-Personnel) and Bourbon (10 kg, Anti-Tank) mines. Both of this mines are designed to arm after the impact (deploying tripwires in the case of the Rioja) and are equipped with anti tampering mechanisms (which we can retrofit to the Whalesong) that detonates the bomb if it is moved or disturbed after arming.

In a pinch, both models can be deployed by the men on the ground. They are painted to blend into the environment and coated with a slightly radioactive sand. This should ensure we will be able to find them when demining an area with a simple Geiger Counter, inspired by German models. (Donīt mention this part in the report in case it goes through)

We already got cluster bombs and mines figured out. Letīs try to combine them to make for an effective mine deploying method that should serve us to halt the enemy advances at the sea and land. I really like the Horsekiller concept, but I believe that drowning the enemy in land and sea mines will be a way better investment for a design.

(1) Grapejuice Cluster Bomb: Wizgrot

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: May 23, 2018, 08:58:19 am »

Something to bear in mind: The Jungle is the most important consideration this turn, if they shove us back on Tereshkova we'll be right back where we were last turn; only this time I'd be fairly certain that we won't be so lucky and they fail to upgrade the Bull into desert usability.

The Sniper will probably see some use in the jungles, yes. But where they're really kicking us is mobile amphibious artillery and their night vision. We should move to correct these things. Remember how we've managed to force a stalemate in the Forenian Jungle? We're on the precipice right there; we just need one good shove to counteract whatever they do and press forwards.
(3) UF-MLRS-43 "Artemis" : QuakeIV, VoidSlayer, Jilladilla
(1) Grapejuice Cluster Bomb: Wizgrot
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 09:03:28 am by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 500