Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 590704 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Winter 1941 (Strategy Phase)
« Reply #4785 on: July 04, 2017, 10:41:53 pm »

Infantry Gear Revision II: Return of Comfort.
Clearly water coolers will greatly enhance combat performance. Our refreshed and rejuvenated troops shall fight at 120% capacity regardless of their situation or morale!
It can be used for traps as well, being put in essential paths to make mud or to make enemy soldiers slip.

Each water cooler will be able to carry 1 ton of bombs, as is expected of water coolers.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: July 04, 2017, 10:52:37 pm »

I think that the enemy design team might become suspicious when they see a rocket floating in the new drinking-fountain that they receive as an anonymous gift...

Paratroopers (We need a more catchy name for these guys)
Cannalan home army (Or whatever it's called).
I dub our paratroopers "Bigtops". A vote* to someone who can explain why that makes sense.

Given that they are pirates, I would assume that the more polite way of referring to their home-front defence forces is "drunken brawl"...

*Conditions apply
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4787 on: July 05, 2017, 02:46:28 am »

Infantry Gear Revision II: Return of Comfort.
Clearly water coolers will greatly enhance combat performance. Our refreshed and rejuvenated troops shall fight at 120% capacity regardless of their situation or morale!
It can be used for traps as well, being put in essential paths to make mud or to make enemy soldiers slip.

Each water cooler will be able to carry 1 ton of bombs, as is expected of water coolers.
Only if it floats and flies, as expected of water coolers.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: July 05, 2017, 02:57:08 am »

Ah, if I was the sort of person who sigged things, I would probably sig this.

Anyway, does the fluff actually matter? If not, I'm fine with the aforementioned plan. But if the fluff can affect the chance of success, it might not be the best. See, we allegedly already stole a ship from a Cannalan harbour. Even though we all know that never actually happened, in order to keep up appearances, Cannala has probably put measures into place to prevent it from happening 'again'. So an attempt to steal a physical ship might not go so well.
Long Live United Forenia!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: July 05, 2017, 03:04:18 am »

Probably better to sneak the plans onto an active and enemy-held light battleship(pound for short) along with a prodigious quantity of rum laced with Vodka. After the crew has been at sea for a time, they will all be incapacitated by their heretical Vodka intolerance and the ship will be ours in the open sea with enemy-approved documents, orders, and flags...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4790 on: July 05, 2017, 03:22:06 am »

Hire Arstotzkan rebels or Vlanados to steal it away.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: July 05, 2017, 03:24:23 am »

Well nuke, if you have a better idea for getting a working example of a victoria then I'm all ears.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: July 05, 2017, 03:40:18 am »

Well nuke, if you have a better idea for getting a working example of a victoria then I'm all ears.

I mean, they are pirates.  Why not just offer some of them gold and rum if they steal it for us.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: July 05, 2017, 03:45:06 am »

PEACEFUL NEGOTIATIONS WITH THE CANNALANS?!

BURN THE PEACE PARTY MEMBER!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: July 05, 2017, 03:55:52 am »

Hmm. Yeah, I don't really have many better ideas.
...unless.
...no, that's stupid. I was going to suggest we sail up to one in the faux-wooden Archer, and they'd be so confused they wouldn't know what to do, but no, that's dumb.

Okay, right, how about this:

Operation Safe Harbour: We have our spies infiltrate Cannalan naval command. We steal their codebooks and suchlike. We then use stolen Cannalan radio equipment to send false orders to a Victoria out in the field, directing it to make port in a "safe harbour" somewhere along the coast of Tereshkova island. Said harbour will be decorated with stolen Cannalan flags and whatnot. Once the ship has docked, Salamanders (the troops, not the vehicles) storm the ship, and take it over by force.
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: July 05, 2017, 03:56:33 am »

We use entirely different radios. Codebooks won't work.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: July 05, 2017, 04:08:08 am »

A Forenian agent incites a Juraki riot at a Cannalan port through the spreading of rumors over some amount of time. The riot is scheduled to happen just as a specific Cannalan vessel (doesn't matter what this one is) was originally scheduled for training excercises While the security forces are occupied with suppressing the riot, Forenian commandoes neutralize the crew of that vessel and drive it out at sea with Juraki on board to pose as a skeleton crew.

The ship is intentionally damaged, and will be docked at the Cannalan port containing the necessary technical documents. Our Commandoes exfiltrate the ship and enter the Cannalan building where the technical documents are kept and procure them. As the damage is repaired (Which should be quick given it's intentionally light damage), the Commandos re-enter the ship under the guise of engineers.

The ship is then sailed to Forenian port, where the documents are brought to Forenian command.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: July 05, 2017, 04:14:22 am »

That's still pretty complex. If not moreso; we're now stealing two ships.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: July 05, 2017, 04:22:41 am »

Well, we're stealing a probably useless unarmed ship and the designs for another ship. Stealing just one Victoria doesn't really do much except let us try reverse engineering it.

We can do:
An agent spends several weeks spreading rumors and whatnot to eventually incite a large riot wherever the Victoria plans are being kept. During the riot, the agent slips in, steals the plans, and gives it to a trusted Juraki Forenia-sympathizer placed in the crew of any Cannalan ship. Roughly a week later, the Forenian sympathizer dead drops the plans in a sealed container on a subtle buoy at designated coordinates at sea. Our ship will swoop in later and pick them up.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: July 05, 2017, 04:26:31 am »

But without a working example we're going to be left short on development time to start fielding a few this turn. Not to mention we'd have to track down a dead drop and actually get there intact.
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 500