Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 591083 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Summer 1941 (Revision Phase)
« Reply #3930 on: June 17, 2017, 08:23:05 am »

If we're going to sacrifice the sea so hard, we need to push forward with air invasions, then it won't matter if out coastal defence is not up to snuff because we'll be fighting them on land.

Except, you know, we need to defend the Jungle, where we'll be facing a coastal invasion.

That's kind of important.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: June 17, 2017, 09:17:27 am »

6 Overcompensator Radar Targeting System RTS-41 'Long Shot' Pattern A: NUKE9.13, 3_14159, Azzuro, SMMI, Madman198237, Piratejoe
1 UF-ATC-41: Sheb
2 Military Parachutes: Taricus, Kashyyk
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: June 17, 2017, 09:40:28 am »

7 Overcompensator Radar Targeting System RTS-41 'Long Shot' Pattern A: NUKE9.13, 3_14159, Azzuro, SMMI, Madman198237, Piratejoe, Happerry
1 UF-ATC-41: Sheb
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: June 17, 2017, 10:51:18 am »

7 Overcompensator Radar Targeting System RTS-41 'Long Shot' Pattern A: NUKE9.13, 3_14159, Azzuro, SMMI, Madman198237, Piratejoe, Happerry
2 UF-ATC-41: Sheb, NAV

Can the Ice Giant take off from an ARAC?
Also I think the ARAC is now very expensive!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 11:18:09 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: June 17, 2017, 11:33:53 am »

The ARAC is actually smaller than the Nest afaik.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: June 17, 2017, 11:38:46 am »

No it isn't.

HAFB bombers can take of from the Arac. It's quite big, but narrow.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: June 17, 2017, 11:39:38 am »

The ARAC is much bigger, since it can launch a HAFB

I think I will not vote for this revision. I like all 3, and I think both of the targeting ones are appropriate.

edit: ninja!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: June 17, 2017, 04:45:53 pm »

Yeah, I'm with ebbor on this; guided missiles are quite plainly wunderwaffen right now.
Antiship guided missiles actually existed in the war. It is a lot different to anti air missiles and if we got something really good then we could drop them from heavy bombers which were sort of notoriously inaccurate but could carry the sort of loads that large ships really hate...

Huh, I saw the Hs 293 and thought...
Rocket Dolphins
We mount a dolphin under a low-speed rocket-glider triggered to release after the fuel drops to an adjustable level. While this does make launches much more visible, and redces ammunition while increasing the complexity of the launch mechanism, we can mount these on archers to give them a greatly increased range without the difficulties inherent in rangefinding with rockets nor the problems of hitting above the waterline.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: June 17, 2017, 04:49:53 pm »

Please note that your link there isn't a powered missile.  It's a bomb with controllable flaps.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: June 17, 2017, 04:53:29 pm »

Also, it's radar guided (our radar is the size of a building).

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: June 17, 2017, 05:02:32 pm »

Fritz-X is a radio guided bomb deployed during the war, much more feasible with our current tech ( we can dedicate the 30-40 kg for a radio on a 1 ton bomb)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: June 17, 2017, 11:37:48 pm »

7 UF-RTS-41 'Long Shot' Pattern A: NUKE9.13, 3_14159, Azzuro, SMMI, Madman198237, Piratejoe, Happerry
2 UF-ATC-41: Sheb, NAV

Don't mind me, just tweaking the name to remain consistent with our existing naming conventions.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: June 18, 2017, 12:49:58 am »

Revision: UF-RTS-41 'Long Shot' Pattern A

An adaption of the Deadlier Ray for gun targeting, the Radar Targeting System 'Long Shot' is an intermediary system between the radar and the gun designed to place long-range artillery shots with greater precision, specifically for the Overcompensator.  Basically, by connecting our existing radar system to the Overcompenstor Shore Defense System the Long Shot allows the elevation and angle of the artillery cannon to be dictated for it.  The system can be thought of as a scaled-up version of the targeting system in the Bumblebee flak cannon and will replace the manual compass-and-paper shot calculations done by the artillery crews currently.

Oh, and we also put the generators in underground bunkers so they're not a big obvious "shot me here" sign.

Normal: 1
UF-RTS-41 'Long Shot' A:
This is a radar fire-control system, which allows radar operators to directly control the Overcompensator gun by its electric motors. This is based on the entirely-mechanical Bumblebee aiming system, the radar operator simply aligns a metal ring which slides on rails on two axes over the radar blip on his screen. With manual calibration for each unique gun and radar position, this sets the gun to a firing solution. It is crude, and imprecise to the point where it almost never hits. It has only found practical use as a means of moving the gun near where it will need to be aimed while a firing solution is calculated the old fashioned way, on pen and paper.[/b]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 01:20:21 am by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Summer 1941 (Strategy Phase)
« Reply #3943 on: June 18, 2017, 12:53:39 am »

A 1 on normal means we learn something at least.  Any new designs for radar or artillery weapons should include an improved fire control system as well.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Summer 1941 (Strategy Phase)
« Reply #3944 on: June 18, 2017, 12:54:44 am »

Normal Difficulty:
1: The design suffers a pretty severe bug and the main advancement in technology probably isn't accomplished.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 500