Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 592300 times)

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Winter 1940 (Design Phase)
« Reply #2970 on: May 31, 2017, 10:28:03 am »

I dunno, the designer seems pretty against steel decks. Might be a little disrespectful after he explicitly stated that the steel deck was omitted for weight and cost reasons in several posts.

United Forenia Forever!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: May 31, 2017, 10:34:29 am »

Quote from: Votes
(7) B3 'Compensator' 300mm Coastal Gun/Naval Cannon: Kashyyk, khan boyzitbig, Taricus, strongpoint, Nav, 10ebbor10, Baffler
(0) UFS-CV-40 'Tiger Star', Pattern A:
(9*) UFS-CV-40 'Tiger Star', Pattern C: GUNINANRUNIN, Kashyyk*, evictedSaint, Stabby, Madman198237, helmacon, McHuman, voidslayer, 3_14159
    (1) Include Steel Deck: evictedSaint
(9*) UFS-CV-40 Zheleznogorod B: Kot, Mulisa, Azzuro, NUKE9.13, Piratejoe, Sheb, Powder Miner, Andrea, NAV*
0 "Killerqueen":
0 Unity Tiger Armor:
1 "Salad Shake" class heavy transport: RAM
1! "Psyche" fake carrier and real transport: RAM!
*second choice?
!Also Ram because apparantly that is a thing now. And of course the name was changed, are we trying to be anachronistic here? Anachronisms cost more!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: May 31, 2017, 10:43:20 am »

Quote from: Votes
(7) B3 'Compensator' 300mm Coastal Gun/Naval Cannon: Kashyyk, khan boyzitbig, Taricus, strongpoint, Nav, 10ebbor10, Baffler
(0) UFS-CV-40 'Tiger Star', Pattern A:
(9*) UFS-CV-40 'Tiger Star', Pattern C: GUNINANRUNIN, Kashyyk*, Stabby, Madman198237, helmacon, McHuman, voidslayer, 3_14159, evictedSaint
(0) UFS-CV-40 'Tiger Star', Pattern D:
(9*) UFS-CV-40 Zheleznogorod B: Kot, Mulisa, Azzuro, NUKE9.13, Piratejoe, Sheb, Powder Miner, Andrea, NAV*
0 "Killerqueen":
0 Unity Tiger Armor:
1 "Salad Shake" class heavy transport: RAM
1! "Psyche" fake carrier and real transport: RAM!
*second choice?
!Also Ram because apparantly that is a thing now. And of course the name was changed, are we trying to be anachronistic here? Anachronisms cost more!

Edit: NM
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 10:56:53 am by evictedSaint »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2973 on: May 31, 2017, 10:45:52 am »

Added steel deck to Pat C.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: May 31, 2017, 10:50:30 am »

Thank you.

Now then, somebody, anybody, a better name for the "Tiger Star", PLEASE!
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: May 31, 2017, 11:01:22 am »

Magic Tereshkova!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Mulisa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: May 31, 2017, 11:02:46 am »

We have a position in the Jungle to launch bombing missions to Cannalan mainland now.

UFAF-HB40 "Skies' Fury"

A massive heavy bomber powered by four supercharged fuel injected V14 engines, fairly similar to Haast's. The plane boasts a payload capacity of 5 metric tonnes, a pressurized crew areas (sans the bomb bay) and defensive armament of 14 AS-AC-18s, Two in a nose turret, two in a dorsal turret, two in a ventral turret, two in a rear turret, one on both sides as a waist gun and two each on turrets located at the wings just behind the centermost pair of engine nacelles. The plane is built out of aluminium with some manganese alloy plating around sensitive areas.

UFAF-HB40 "Skies' Fury" B

The B variant trades the piston engines for up-scaled turbojets based on those of Thunderbird. The wing turrets are also moved between the nacelles to avoid frying the gunners with jet exhaust.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 11:11:21 am by Mulisa »
...so my military were a bunch of bearded mud wrestlers.
Send in the plague kittens!

Glory to Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: May 31, 2017, 11:10:23 am »

Next turn, Mulisa.  A jet-bomber.

Mulisa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: May 31, 2017, 11:12:44 am »

Next turn, Mulisa.  A jet-bomber.
Added a jet variant. Jets are fuel hungry tho. Would cut into the range.

Glory to Forenia!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: May 31, 2017, 11:15:48 am »

I already have a bomber we can use when the time comes...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Mulisa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: May 31, 2017, 11:16:38 am »

I already have a bomber we can use when the time comes...
But it's name is dumb.  :P

Glory to Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: May 31, 2017, 11:18:49 am »

We need to de-complex jet tech first. And also, jet bombers...maybe not. First we ought to build a Stratofortress equivalent. Extreme high-level pressurized bomber with high speed and large payload. May take a turn or three to get right, but it'd be worth it, especially if we develop guided bombs of some kind.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Mulisa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: May 31, 2017, 11:21:06 am »

We need to de-complex jet tech first. And also, jet bombers...maybe not. First we ought to build a Stratofortress equivalent. Extreme high-level pressurized bomber with high speed and large payload. May take a turn or three to get right, but it'd be worth it, especially if we develop guided bombs of some kind.
This. A thousand times this. Only bombers that could benefit from jets at this point are tactical/naval bombers and CAS craft. Strategic bombers are still fine on pistons for the time being.

Glory to Forenia!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2983 on: May 31, 2017, 11:23:45 am »

Come oooon, Gunin!  Make the pattern C a steel deck.  It's future-proofing, and steel decks are useful.  Just look at Midway!
I have to sleep you know! Good god...

FOR THE LAST TIME! Do you, people who are saying that a "steel deck is an armored deck" know the difference between armor and metallic construction?
I'm pretty sure I'm the only person that said that.

Changed my mind again on account of the deck material.
You wanna change your vote back?

---

I want to talk about ski jump + catapult:

[...] equipped with rocket-powered (or failing that, steam or hydraulic or pneumatic or just none at all) catapults to help our aircraft get up to speed and both terminating in ski jump ramps to ensure our planes start climbing immediately.
You don't need a ski jump to get planes in the air if you use catapults, so why have a ski jump at all if we're so keen on catapults? Ski jumps are used on carriers when you want a short runway (a catapult already provides this) without having to deal with the cost of a catapult. So I don't understand why the Z has both. Ski jumps force weight limitations on the aircraft and occupy space at the front of the deck that you could otherwise use if it was a flattop.

If you already achieve takeoff speeds using a catapult, why are you taking the extra cost to angle the flight deck upwards?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: May 31, 2017, 11:24:23 am »

Future Design: UFAF-SB-40 'Ice Giant'

The United Forenian Air Force Strategic Bomber 'Ice Giant' is Forenia's first heavy strategic bomber.  Utilizing six jet engines for thrust, the Ice Giant is tuned to fly as high and as fast as possible, relying primarily on staying out of range of interceptors for survivability.  Features a pressurized internal cabin.  A massive wingspan provides as much lift as possible, with an equally large rudder and elevator for stability.  It features a 2x20 mm AC-20 on the tail, a 2x20 mm AC-20 remote-controlled on the belly, and another 2x20 mm AC-20 mm on the roof for protection.  Makes use of an advanced gyroscopic bombsight for semi-accurate bombing runs. 

Hey guys, check out this bomber I totally just designed.  I totally came up with the name all on my own.  What do you think of it, piratejoe?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 12:27:38 pm by evictedSaint »
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 500