Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 591134 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Summer 1940 (Revision Phase)
« Reply #2220 on: May 19, 2017, 06:27:20 pm »

PROJECT: BLOODIER EAGLE: Essentially, an attempt to fix the original blood eagle project without adding weak, non explosive or fun 'rubber', it aims to make the explosives not all go off and also aims to make the explosives not damage the tank while blocking the shot, naturally, if successful, it is to be added to our existing tanks.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: May 19, 2017, 06:29:53 pm »

Chum
We make sea-mine bomblets for a anti-ship area-denial cluster-weapon in five-hundred kilogram packages. Bonus points if they have strings that can get sucked into propellors...
 Mostly this is a defensive devise to make it difficult for them to just charge at our ships. They would need to either move around them or put up with booms. It would hopefully make them reluctant to charge at flank-speed and thus be predictible...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: May 19, 2017, 06:36:06 pm »

So go vote for the damn fighter then :P
I may have totally forgot that I needed to actualy vote for things... maybe. It wouldn't have changed the result anyways though, so I don't feel to bad.  :P

Lets not try to do ERA on a revision.

How about we up-gun the archer or something? Thats a thing thats desperately overdue.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: May 19, 2017, 06:43:36 pm »

We do need something to boost the survivability of our armoured vehicles, and NERA (Not ERA) is a good way of doing that.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: May 19, 2017, 06:48:59 pm »

Quote from: Naval Support Version 1
Revision: UFS-DD-38 'Archer' Pattern F

The Archer was Forenia's first attempt at building a warship, and our inexperience shows.  The ship is woefully underarmored and undergunned.  The 90 mm Bumblebee turrets have been replaced with 100 mm B2 artillery cannons with hydraulic rammers.  A third turret has been added in the front, requiring the initial frontal turret to be elevated to look over it.  An additional set of AAA nests have also been added on either side of the command tower to improve anti-aircraft capabilities.  This gives the Archer an actual chance to hit and kill their opponents before being sunk, and hopefully allow them to keep the Wasp Nest defended.  The deck and torpedo belt is upgraded to Medium armor to give it some resistance against enemy fire and torpedos.

Quote from: Naval Support Version 2
Revision: UFS-DD-38 'Archer' Pattern G

The Archer was Forenia's first attempt at building a warship, and our inexperience shows.  The ship is woefully underarmored and undergunned.  The 90 mm Bumblebee turrets have been replaced with our brand-new SARUKH MRL, allowing the Archer to kill with greater lethality.  A single 100 mm B2 artillery cannon is added to the bow of the ship and fitted with a hydraulic rammer to give the ship a non-rocket method of defending itself.  An additional set of AAA nests have also been added on either side of the command tower to improve anti-aircraft capabilities.  This gives the Archer an actual chance to hit and kill their opponents before being sunk, and hopefully allow them to keep the Wasp Nest defended.  The deck and torpedo belt is upgraded to Medium armor to give it some resistance against enemy fire and torpedos.

Note: I did not upgrade the 100 mm B2 artillery to 130 mm because I wanted to add in the third turret and AAA nests.  I feel as though this is a reasonable decision.

This being said, I believe NERA is the better choice this revision, but I believe an improved Archer will be just as helpful.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:29:38 pm by evictedSaint »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: May 19, 2017, 07:02:12 pm »

I did a bit of reading, and I gotta say, I'm a bit torn. I'm gonna have to think on it before I vote, but probably either NERA or the archer pattern E. I'll get have to get back to you guys.  :D
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: May 19, 2017, 07:04:07 pm »

NONONONONONONONOONO

Had to get that out there.

I REITERATE: BLOOD EAGLE IS A FAILURE. WE CANNOT DO IT IN A REVISION. IT WILL BE VERY HARD AGAIN. CAN YOU READ THIS IF IT IS ALL-CAPS?

STOP suggesting Blood Eagle 2: Attack of the Idiocy and just make us a decent HMG or a revision to the Wasp Nest!

Anyway, as far as voting goes:

M4 Kiger HMG: A 12.7mm belt-fed heavy machine gun, designed for infantry, vehicle, and aircraft use. For infantry there are two-wheeled trolleys for deploying against ground targets and pintle mounts for use against aircraft. Can be mounted on the cupolas of tanks for added infantry suppression, as well as respectable anti-armor and AA capability without needing to be mounted in a dedicated turret. Where possible, it replaces Sorraia GPMGs in fighter aircraft and ships to provide added range and firepower.

I like it.
Until we get more and possibly better options, then:
Quote from: Votes
1 M4 Kiger HMG: Madman198237
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 07:13:50 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: May 19, 2017, 07:10:49 pm »

Why don't we put some rockets on the archer instead of cannons?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: May 19, 2017, 07:12:56 pm »

Rockets are actually outranged by the guns we have thanks to rocket assisted shells.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: May 19, 2017, 07:14:10 pm »

But, we could fire many more rockets than cannon shells before the archer is inevitably sunk so it might be worth it. Considering the archer usually dies in a single volley.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: May 19, 2017, 07:21:57 pm »

I appended the proposal with two variants.

'Archer' Pattern F: (0)
'Archer' Pattern G: (0)
BLOODLESS EAGLE: (0)
BLOODIER EAGLE: (0)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: May 19, 2017, 07:24:08 pm »

Destroyers are for defending the larger ships from torpedo boats and torpedoing larger ships.
'Archer' Pattern G: (0)
BLOODLESS EAGLE: (1) Taricus

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: May 19, 2017, 07:26:45 pm »

M4 Kiger HMG: (1) Madman198237
'Archer' Pattern G: (1) NAV
BLOODLESS EAGLE: (1) Taricus
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 07:28:49 pm by NAV »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: May 19, 2017, 07:42:02 pm »

M4 Kiger HMG: (1) Madman198237
'Archer' Pattern G: (1) NAV
BLOODLESS EAGLE: (2) Taricus, evictedSaint

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: May 19, 2017, 07:43:58 pm »

If you really feel you need an HMG, you could just bring back whatever the Moskurg one was that used Horsekiller rounds.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 500