Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 592291 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Autumn 1939 (Still strategy phase?)
« Reply #1635 on: May 14, 2017, 05:31:52 pm »

3 Give the Axis the RPG28A (3): Taricus, Andrea, Nuke9.13
1 Give the Axis the Tiger Armour (1): Piratejoe
2 Firecracker: RAM, Madman198237
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: May 14, 2017, 05:33:46 pm »

3 Give the Axis the RPG28A (3): Taricus, Andrea, Nuke9.13
1 Give the Axis the Tiger Armour (0):
3 Firecracker: RAM, Madman198237, Piratejoe
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: May 14, 2017, 05:38:36 pm »

4 Give the Axis the RPG28A (4): Taricus, Andrea, Nuke9.13, Stabby
3 Firecracker: RAM, Madman198237, Piratejoe
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: May 14, 2017, 05:47:05 pm »

Actually, changed to the RPG. They will have their own cluster munitions in a short time, which are probably in the prototyping phase right now, while man-portable AT weapons on par with the RPG28A didn't start appearing until near the end of the war.

4 Give the Axis the RPG28A (5): Taricus, Andrea, Nuke9.13, Stabby, Baffler
4 Firecracker: RAM, Madman198237, Piratejoe
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 05:54:17 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: May 14, 2017, 05:51:31 pm »

5 Give the Axis the RPG28A (4): Taricus, Andrea, Nuke9.13, Stabby, evictedSaint
4 Firecracker: RAM, Madman198237, Piratejoe, Baffler

Going rpg because I don't want to see our firecracker being used to firebomb civilian targets.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: May 14, 2017, 05:52:50 pm »

eS.....it doesn't actually matter. Firebomb is more likely to win than something they already have (I think. I'm not sure when panzerfaust/the other one (which I can almost remember) were developed)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: May 14, 2017, 05:53:33 pm »

4 Give the Axis the RPG28A (6): Taricus, Andrea, Nuke9.13, Stabby, Baffler, evictedSaint
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: May 14, 2017, 05:56:14 pm »

you know that in this period EVERYONE in the war bomber civilian targets, and that the allies were the absolute masters of it?
in fact, I think the firebombings on japan caused more casualties than the actual nukes dropped still on japan.

I mean, axis and commies did plenty of atrocities that the allied didn't.
However, firebombing of civilians was quite common.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: May 14, 2017, 05:58:25 pm »

eS.....it doesn't actually matter. Firebomb is more likely to win than something they already have (I think. I'm not sure when panzerfaust/the other one (which I can almost remember) were developed)

Panzerfaust and Panzerschrek were both 1943, but the Panzerschreck wasn't especially useful until late 1944. Meanwhile they're set to have their own cluster bombs at the end of this year.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: May 14, 2017, 05:59:12 pm »

Panzerfaust was deployed in 1942, so three years from now.  Plus, our RPG is more highly advanced than the Panzerfaust.

Also, why does wanting a weapon we developed to not be used on civilians "not matter"?  Why does everyone else doing terrible things make it okay for us to do it?  Why are you defending firebombing civilian targets?

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: May 14, 2017, 05:59:43 pm »

4 Give the Axis the RPG28A (7): Taricus, Andrea, Nuke9.13, Stabby, Baffler, evictedSaint, Lightforger

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: May 14, 2017, 06:01:53 pm »

I am not, what I am sending is that it would be used for firebombing on civilians even if we sent it to allies.I had the impression that you were just being bitter at nazis instead of allies and wouldn't have had objections to sending bombs to USA.
Considering your reply, I suppose I was wrong and I apologize.

Mulisa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: May 14, 2017, 06:02:02 pm »

Panzerfaust was developedd in 1942 and deployed in '43. They do not have an RPG.

Our T-33 is also superior to PzIV, so we could offer that as a replacement to their mainline medium tank.
...so my military were a bunch of bearded mud wrestlers.
Send in the plague kittens!

Glory to Forenia!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: May 14, 2017, 06:04:17 pm »

4 Give the Axis the RPG28A (8): Taricus, Andrea, Nuke9.13, Stabby, Baffler, evictedSaint, Lightforger, Powder Miner

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: May 14, 2017, 06:06:21 pm »

I am not, what I am sending is that it would be used for firebombing on civilians even if we sent it to allies.I had the impression that you were just being bitter at nazis instead of allies and wouldn't have had objections to sending bombs to USA.
Considering your reply, I suppose I was wrong and I apologize.

Eh...sorry, I guess I am being a bit overly aggressive.  I'm just worried because I get the sense the game is slipping to a war of "the ends justify the means" and I don't want to see Forenia backslide into something terrible.  I like the fact that we're a Republic, we hold freedom in strong regard and have a freedom of speech that we refuse to quash.  I am disappointed we sided with the Axis, but I can accept an "alliance of convenience" and agree that it is the most logical choice - especially since the Research Credit is miles better than the Expense Credit.

And just to be clear, I wouldn't want to send the firecracker to the Allies, either.  I just want Forenia to look back on this time period without being ashamed.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 500