Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Why do you fail to post your action within 72 hours of each update

Not even bothering to check the game thread each day to see if it updated
- 0 (0%)
Didn't even bother to subscribe to the game thread
- 0 (0%)
Waited to what other players would do first, and failed to post myself (This is a big no no)
- 0 (0%)
Mandatory real life events that render the internet inaccessible to you for over 72 consecutive hours
- 1 (50%)
Is one of the few players who actually post their action consistently
- 1 (50%)
I don't even care anymore (Or never cared)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.  (Read 25107 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.
« Reply #375 on: September 09, 2017, 05:23:24 pm »

That is a fair and reasonable conclusion to come to.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 13, 2017, 04:17:53 pm »

A week after the last update, half of the players did not post an action and I am really sick and tired of nagging people to post their actions all the time. I think it might be time to retire this game and figure out what to do for my next game.

(As per tradition, anyone stuck on the waitlist for this one would get VIP waitlist access to the next game if this is what happens.)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:22:26 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #377 on: September 14, 2017, 11:53:07 am »

I have checked the archives. Not only was your application validated and put on the waitlist, but it is actually still on there!

I would need to add some conditions to Bindseed however. The map constraints are partially in place to limit how often new map tiles need to be made as a GM convenience thing. I'll automatically tweak it if it is left unchanged.

The rules for replacing a lazy player are hidden on the first post in the OOC thread. If you can do it correctly you might be able to get in the game as early as tomorrow if you were so inclined.

Well Scoutlock's whole premise is to scout. Perhaps that would be more feasible if the enemies were tough enough to take back land. Then he could check on its' current state. Maybe he could also be allowed to check out uno unclaimed land, if there arnt any already.

A player on the waitlist can take the place of an active player if they post in the game thread with some very specific conditions. In order for this to work, it needs to have been at least 72 hours since the last turn was posted by the GM (If your post is even a second too early it will not count, and only one player can replace a single person which will be the first one to post AFTER the 72 hour period). The post must include the identity of a current player who has not yet posted any action for the current turn. If you do it right and the player fails to post before the GM gets around to updating, then you will be off the waitlist and into the game at the slow players expense!

I do not understand. Could I just post my turn after those 72 hours and you choose the one that is least active?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 11:57:43 am by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 14, 2017, 02:11:30 pm »

It does say to specify which player is being replaced...
1: 72 hours has passed since the previous turn.
2: A waitlist-player posts the identity of one (or more?) in-game-player who has not posted since the previous turn and their desire to replace them.
3: The in-game-player does not post prior to the next update.

Least-active doesn't seem to be mentioned. I expect that it is the wait-list players choice. Presumably they can specify an order of players that they wish to replace?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 14, 2017, 04:06:32 pm »

Part of the reason things are set up the way that they are is so that a player cannot be replaced unless the player replacing them has a general idea of what is going on. It also makes them responsible for the loss of the inactive player, thus inspiring them to make the correct decision to avoid upsetting their new allies.

I am currently at the point where I am considering cancelling the game though. If there is a certain type of different game you would rather play I am open to suggestions.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 17, 2017, 11:44:56 am »

I'm getting so sick of waiting for the inattentive players that I have sent out a pm to them. They will be replaced tomorrow automatically if they do not get an action in within 24 hours.

I wanted to make any new players need to be held liable for the loss of the player they are replacing, but I am confident that nobody will mourn the loss of a player who did not post for over ten whole days.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 17, 2017, 08:20:54 pm »

As a reminder, that free unison ability is a one of a kind upgrade that doesn't increment costs. I'm just saying that you should think about it before you get it. Almost every turn, I see a disturbing lack of player strategy and it really bothers me.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 17, 2017, 08:34:30 pm »

As a reminder, that free unison ability is a one of a kind upgrade that doesn't increment costs. I'm just saying that you should think about it before you get it. Almost every turn, I see a disturbing lack of player strategy and it really bothers me.
What, having a bad!@# floating triangle robot/dryad hybrid as a party member isn't a good use of the free unison ability?

What would you spend it on?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 17, 2017, 09:28:25 pm »

Why not just combine Nute's Alchemy and Geos' Terraforming or Earth for a spell to supercharge the soil to nurture the tree. A bigger tree means more mana.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 17, 2017, 09:36:49 pm »

What, having a bad!@# floating triangle robot/dryad hybrid as a party member isn't a good use of the free unison ability?

What would you spend it on?

Hypothetically, lets say that trying to merge yourself with something else is a good thing to attempt. I would instead use the animals skillset to merge with an animal. There has been at least one bear sighting in this game so far, and I am pretty sure it had like 300 health, and there are already skills that you have access to that would complement it such as Adapt (Minor).

This is not even one of my top 5 best ideas. I'm certainly not telling you what I would actually do, there is no fun in that

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 17, 2017, 11:43:04 pm »

Well, my first thought is combining Earth and Stars to swap the relationship between Earth and Stars, making an invert gravity spell. Trees are pretty good at hanging onto the ground afterall...
But then again, I would probably just randomly pick two dryads and then random/random them...
Read the First Post!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #386 on: September 18, 2017, 01:02:01 am »

I am currently at the point where I am considering cancelling the game though. If there is a certain type of different game you would rather play I am open to suggestions.

If you are looking for something new I suggest playing AVATAR LEGEND. It is a succession game so hosts take turns but it would be good experience to play first.

Alright I'll drop out if you wish to move on.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 01:03:47 am by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 18, 2017, 04:02:03 am »

Never mind whatever I said earlier, I don't understand a single thing about this game so I probably won't be joining, since the more I read in this thread the more confusing it seems to get.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 18, 2017, 07:47:02 am »

Most of the important rules were documented on the first post, you probably don't need to read much more than that one.

This game will probably continue to be a thing. Provided of course, that the players post their action in a timely manner. Player negligence is the number one problem this game suffers from.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 05:04:49 pm by Supernerd »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 20, 2017, 06:05:43 pm »

When purchasing a spell, you should specify which skillset the spell falls under. In this particular case, the Transmutation skillset is the only one which could possibly pertain to the Repair ability so I guess its not strictly necessary. I'll leave it to the players to discuss the merits of said ability.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27