Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Why do you fail to post your action within 72 hours of each update

Not even bothering to check the game thread each day to see if it updated
- 0 (0%)
Didn't even bother to subscribe to the game thread
- 0 (0%)
Waited to what other players would do first, and failed to post myself (This is a big no no)
- 0 (0%)
Mandatory real life events that render the internet inaccessible to you for over 72 consecutive hours
- 1 (50%)
Is one of the few players who actually post their action consistently
- 1 (50%)
I don't even care anymore (Or never cared)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.  (Read 25136 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.
« Reply #300 on: June 26, 2017, 04:41:40 pm »

The ability appears to do nothing except put a restriction on your other abilities by not letting you use them unless you prepared an area first? Was that your intention?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 26, 2017, 04:59:40 pm »

Oh wow. I did not even notice what Antler is trying to do. Under normal circumstances it would be easy to dispute a replace Dryad spell. But if someone is using it on themself then that probably means they are not having enough fun to justify continuing with the game and are at least being considerate enough to not just disappear without a word. If you want to cancel that one, you will need to actually convince Antler to not cast it.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 26, 2017, 05:55:30 pm »

Oh wow. I did not even notice what Antler is trying to do. Under normal circumstances it would be easy to dispute a replace Dryad spell. But if someone is using it on themself then that probably means they are not having enough fun to justify continuing with the game and are at least being considerate enough to not just disappear without a word. If you want to cancel that one, you will need to actually convince Antler to not cast it.
I feel a great disturbance in the 'net. As if millions of trolls whined out in frustration, and were suddenly distracted by a typing error in an otherwise legitimate argument.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 26, 2017, 09:03:22 pm »

The ability appears to do nothing except put a restriction on your other abilities by not letting you use them unless you prepared an area first? Was that your intention?
Ya pretty much, on the flipside they get a buff if I use this for longer than strictly nessesary, also I don't need it when changing healthy trees or when only making small changes.
Has descended into madness

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 28, 2017, 12:41:08 am »

Somewhere, in an alternate dimensions, the theme from Jaws starts playing.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 28, 2017, 03:12:10 pm »

Head south, meet the bear, and get it's attention in a friendly way.

"Hey! Big fella, what sort of animal are you? Can you even see lil' ol' me?  Hello?"
Which Dryad is this?
Read the First Post!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 29, 2017, 05:58:49 pm »

Supernerd, I meant to reinforce the walls of the tunnel Geos was digging so they wouldn't collapse on him, not to reinforce the wall around the tree that you already said was reinforced as much as possible without compromising structural integrity.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 29, 2017, 07:41:15 pm »

There is no tunnel, and the walls that you erected around the tree is the only thing on tile T that can be considered a "Wall".

You would need to dig more before you have something that can be considered a tunnel. Here is an image of what you have so far.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 29, 2017, 09:54:07 pm »

Head south, meet the bear, and get it's attention in a friendly way.

"Hey! Big fella, what sort of animal are you? Can you even see lil' ol' me?  Hello?"
Which Dryad is this?
The sun cat thing
Has descended into madness

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 29, 2017, 10:12:34 pm »

Good luck everyone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 07, 2017, 06:05:56 pm »

S34N1C has failed to post within 72 hours of getting off the waitlist, and has lost their chance to play! If S34N1C still is interested in the game, he should re-post his application on the OOC thread. Otherwise, I will assume he is not interested.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 08, 2017, 11:48:46 am »

I'm going to have to point out an issue with the first Bob action. While IF statements are legal and your action can probably be processed, if you use more than one ability in a single turn then you would need to allocate some of your power multiplier to every ability you intend to use. Since you only have 1 power multiplier as a newborn Dryad, this is not recommended in most circumstances.

I'll also mention that you will be unable to move more than one tile per turn under ordinary circumstances, and you won't be able to investigate things on a tile you are not on.

I might recommend talking to the other Dryads, and then posting an action.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 08, 2017, 02:35:24 pm »

I'm going to have to point out an issue with the first Bob action. While IF statements are legal and your action can probably be processed, if you use more than one ability in a single turn then you would need to allocate some of your power multiplier to every ability you intend to use. Since you only have 1 power multiplier as a newborn Dryad, this is not recommended in most circumstances.

I'll also mention that you will be unable to move more than one tile per turn under ordinary circumstances, and you won't be able to investigate things on a tile you are not on.

I might recommend talking to the other Dryads, and then posting an action.
Action edited.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 10, 2017, 09:36:55 pm »

Aster takes a risk!
Read the First Post!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 11, 2017, 04:18:28 pm »

Just to remind y'all: I still haven't been given permission to use mana or have been told what to do/what we are doing (other than "protect the tree:).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27