Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Why do you fail to post your action within 72 hours of each update

Not even bothering to check the game thread each day to see if it updated
- 0 (0%)
Didn't even bother to subscribe to the game thread
- 0 (0%)
Waited to what other players would do first, and failed to post myself (This is a big no no)
- 0 (0%)
Mandatory real life events that render the internet inaccessible to you for over 72 consecutive hours
- 1 (50%)
Is one of the few players who actually post their action consistently
- 1 (50%)
I don't even care anymore (Or never cared)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.  (Read 25143 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.
« Reply #270 on: June 18, 2017, 02:25:40 pm »

I said that I am going to be posting the waitlist. Not that I have already posted the waitlist.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 18, 2017, 02:54:24 pm »

For some reason I thought the out of play characters list was the waitlist. I don't know how I made that mistake. Sorry.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 18, 2017, 06:23:06 pm »

Actual waitlist is now up, and displayed on the second post of the OOC thread. I arranged it in alphabetical order, which is definitely not the actual order of the list. If I was less lazy I would have included the player name and thread reply number in that waitlist too.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 18, 2017, 07:11:23 pm »

I assume that root-bear is out because I have two characters? It seems better to ask for clarification than to just make random assumptions given that there is an option to do either. Still... It is probably because root-bear is kind-of a pun, and this G.M. clearly despises puns, and is allergic to all forms of fun ever, and is probably ugly and smells bad, along with being a martian, and fictitious. That seems most likely, a clarafication would just be pointless given that the truth is so obvious.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 18, 2017, 08:27:10 pm »

If you already have a character in the game or waitlist, you cannot have a second one on the waitlist. We can negotiate the inclusion of Root-bear if you want to pull out your other character.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 18, 2017, 08:55:32 pm »

Oops....

Shit.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 18, 2017, 09:16:01 pm »

Remember the secret cheat-code to life:
Up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-regret nothing-mock the innocent. Multiple characters is glorious! Everyone else is just jealous!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 19, 2017, 01:16:10 pm »

I wanna join and I have a creative and complex charicter that I have not bothered to write out yet but I hopefully will  get around to it soon. I do have to ask how time works in this game because it seems like that fight with the bugs took several days.
Has descended into madness

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 19, 2017, 01:22:20 pm »

Any idea how I can fix the tree?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #279 on: June 19, 2017, 01:30:36 pm »

Could I get a PM when I am born?
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 19, 2017, 03:40:08 pm »

Time is highly subjective in the game for the purposes of gameplay. Things can simultaneously take entire seasons and only a couple of minutes, and nobody thinks that is strange. Its just something that you have to deal with for the sake of game mechanics.

Also yes, players will get a PM when they are introduced into the game. You just never hear about that due to how RARE that is.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 03:41:39 pm by Supernerd »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 19, 2017, 03:48:22 pm »

Honestly? No. I could make afair guess as to how to fix a dog, especially a male one, but to stop a tree from flowering or whatever? Not a clue...

Still, you could try trimming the roots, Bonzai is always Fun!

Have you tried meditating upon its condition? Communing with its body to sense its hurts?

You could probably try removing the dead-flesh, improving its drainage, maintaining frequent cycles of dampness and dryness for water access without fungal blooms, trimming off any infected flesh, and generally looking after a plant...

Or you could always search the internet for the current symptoms and hope not to get trolled...
Read the First Post!

quantumMastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 19, 2017, 08:14:27 pm »

I don't think there's anything we can do to help out the tree other than give it enough water/nutrients and protect it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 19, 2017, 08:58:54 pm »

I rather suspect that building a nice little stone platform in front of it, gathering everyone together, and then cutting out Geos' still-beating heart upon it might help...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 01:34:27 am by RAM »
Read the First Post!

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 19, 2017, 11:26:39 pm »

Time is highly subjective in the game for the purposes of gameplay. Things can simultaneously take entire seasons and only a couple of minutes, and nobody thinks that is strange. Its just something that you have to deal with for the sake of game mechanics.
A tad annoying, my charicter idea is heavily time dependant but it can still work.
Has descended into madness
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27