Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Why do you fail to post your action within 72 hours of each update

Not even bothering to check the game thread each day to see if it updated
- 0 (0%)
Didn't even bother to subscribe to the game thread
- 0 (0%)
Waited to what other players would do first, and failed to post myself (This is a big no no)
- 0 (0%)
Mandatory real life events that render the internet inaccessible to you for over 72 consecutive hours
- 1 (50%)
Is one of the few players who actually post their action consistently
- 1 (50%)
I don't even care anymore (Or never cared)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.  (Read 25162 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.
« Reply #255 on: June 15, 2017, 01:43:26 pm »

Hmm... Will any enemies with metal ever appear? My "forge weapon" ability is being pretty useless right now.
Well, we knew this was a dryad game. That does not really imply the presence of much metal. You could try panning for gold in the river? Or you could try stealing from a traveller? Armed enemies are likely but at present, a deer is a terrifying behemoth, so metallic enemies are likely to be rare. Or you could try to encourage a dryad made of metal to be summoned and then sacrifice a few limbs...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 15, 2017, 03:49:49 pm »

I was expecting you to actually LOOK for metals. Like, using your brain to think of ways to go about doing it. There are at least three methods I can think of off the top of my head which I certainly am not telling you.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 15, 2017, 04:08:52 pm »

same......
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 16, 2017, 06:51:14 pm »

I find myself saddened by the lack of collaborative discussion about my game. There are so many opportunities that players are missing out on by simply not working together. Entire skills not being used once.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 16, 2017, 07:49:20 pm »

*points and laughs*
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 16, 2017, 09:01:18 pm »

It's Cus we all suck

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 16, 2017, 09:39:31 pm »

No, its because you are CONTENT with sucking!
That one was a bit mean perhaps. Really though, I'm sure you could recommend at least one smarter action for your fellow players.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 16, 2017, 09:51:18 pm »

Meh, it is more fun to watch them all die repeatedly and burn all the incarnation sauce on reincarnation...

And yes, it is totally reincarnation, because they revive at the tree, no matter where they were previously, and yet there is no teleportation ability on the tree. The magical connection between a tree and its dryads is definately stronger when they are actually dryads, as opposed to dryad corpses, or perhaps clouds of dispersed dryad-energy that was previously manifesting as a physical form. We have, to the best of my knowledge, yet to confirm if a corpse remains after Aster is sucked dry of all its precious bodily fluids, so the confirmation of the previous incarnation being abandoned is a potential point of partition. Obviously, though, a new incarnation is generated, thus it is reincarnation, even if the new incarnation is identical to the old one and might mislead observers into believing that it is revivification, resurrection, or any other form of revival that does not require a new incarnation.

This has been a public service announcement from the academy of "things in the internet are important" academy.
Read the First Post!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 16, 2017, 10:14:40 pm »

Seriously though, guys, no need to hang up on the Maja worm, I got this. It only has 4 health.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 17, 2017, 02:23:10 am »

Make sure to squeeze the mojo into the tree while getting rid of the warm that is likely to infect the tree with its evil wormy influence.
Read the First Post!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 17, 2017, 05:15:41 am »

Seems like the tree is in another drought, but I can't finish the irrigation trench until the enemies are dealt with.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 17, 2017, 05:22:44 am »

Seems like the tree is in another drought, but I can't finish the irrigation trench until the enemies are dealt with.
Cast Mites to Ploughshares.
Read the First Post!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 18, 2017, 12:08:09 pm »

I don't usually make use of large images saying "Important Message" but this one is something that everyone, player or not needs to know:

Starting with the very next turn (The instant that the turn for Summer 10 is posted), all players must post an action within 72 hours of all GM updates. If a player fails to do that, then any person in the waiting list can post in the game thread stating that they are replacing the player who failed to post. If they post after 72 hours from the post but before the next update occurs, and the player still has not posted an action they will replace the inactive player, and the former player will be cast down to the very bottom of the waitlist. Even a single failure to act on a turn is enough to get you out of the game; There are simply too many excited people on the waitlist for this game to permit a lazy indifferent one to stick around.

Extensions to the time limit may be permitted if you contact the GM before the 72 hour period ends, and will be judged on a case by case basis.

I am also going to be posting an official waitlist in the thread. The ORDER of the waitlist will remain a closely guarded secret, but you can use this waitlist to confirm if your application was marked as valid or not. The waitlist order will continue to apply when actual players cast a spell to replace or add a new dryad to the game.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 18, 2017, 02:03:00 pm »

*checks waitlist*

How come I was rejected?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 18, 2017, 02:20:33 pm »

i cant see the waitlist...
am i blind?
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27