Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Why do you fail to post your action within 72 hours of each update

Not even bothering to check the game thread each day to see if it updated
- 0 (0%)
Didn't even bother to subscribe to the game thread
- 0 (0%)
Waited to what other players would do first, and failed to post myself (This is a big no no)
- 0 (0%)
Mandatory real life events that render the internet inaccessible to you for over 72 consecutive hours
- 1 (50%)
Is one of the few players who actually post their action consistently
- 1 (50%)
I don't even care anymore (Or never cared)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.  (Read 25145 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2017, 05:34:51 pm »

Supernerd, I'd like to be waitlisted, but I'm still waiting on feedback from you regarding the rebranding of Regeneration and the locked skill I PM'd you.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2017, 06:25:37 pm »

Supernerd, I'd like to be waitlisted, but I'm still waiting on feedback from you regarding the rebranding of Regeneration and the locked skill I PM'd you.

You are already on the waitlist, and I previously mentioned that changing the skill is a thing you could do. I didn't notice any questions about locked skills from you, so you will need to ask again.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2017, 06:33:49 pm »

You are already on the waitlist, and I previously mentioned that changing the skill is a thing you could do. I didn't notice any questions about locked skills from you, so you will need to ask again.
I just thought I needed confirmation about the locked skill. Thanks.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2017, 06:12:49 pm »

Are new dryads summoned at random or choses by whoever invokes the power?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2017, 06:15:32 pm »

Also, is there any chance of finding and/or making a new dryad tree? Actually, where do dryad trees come from? I should ask the birds and the bees about this.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2017, 06:44:35 pm »

Also, is there any chance of finding and/or making a new dryad tree? Actually, where do dryad trees come from? I should ask the birds and the bees about this.
I would assume that dryads are incapable of transferring from one tree to another. I am familiar with the idea that dryads in a sense ARE their tree, just different aspects. So, umm, I guess that it would be a bit like organ transplants... If someone studies the various aspects of magic precisely enough than a transplant would presumably be possible, but we are talking about thousands of years of accumulated technical knowledge and more than a few lucky breaks and great leaps of inspiration...

I would *guess* that dryad trees are a random mutation, probably brought about by germinating in a puddle of well-attuned magic or something. There seems to be lots of unremarkable trees on the poll options and presumably there are not dryads everywhere. Unless all the trees lose their dryads for some reasons? But if dryads are an inherited trait then presumably they have to grow within a certain proximity of one another, so foreigners could be a thing... Unless... First Dryad Tree EVER!!! or something like that...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2017, 06:54:38 pm »

I would assume that dryads are incapable of transferring from one tree to another. I am familiar with the idea that dryads in a sense ARE their tree, just different aspects. So, umm, I guess that it would be a bit like organ transplants... If someone studies the various aspects of magic precisely enough than a transplant would presumably be possible, but we are talking about thousands of years of accumulated technical knowledge and more than a few lucky breaks and great leaps of inspiration...

I would *guess* that dryad trees are a random mutation, probably brought about by germinating in a puddle of well-attuned magic or something. There seems to be lots of unremarkable trees on the poll options and presumably there are not dryads everywhere. Unless all the trees lose their dryads for some reasons? But if dryads are an inherited trait then presumably they have to grow within a certain proximity of one another, so foreigners could be a thing... Unless... First Dryad Tree EVER!!! or something like that...
I meant more along the lines of "Can we find another dryad tree, with its own dryads?" and "Can we make another dryad tree, from which different dryads can grow?".
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2017, 07:24:57 pm »

I'd give you an answer, but I would hate to invalidate such lovely theories.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2017, 01:31:56 am »

Will we have a waitlist or something?

Any particular reason why Bob didn't get in? I'm just curious.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2017, 02:38:02 am »

Well, there are rules for adding more dryads. I am personally kind of stunned at how cheap it is, I imagine that either these mites are going to be a furious battle that taxes resources to the limit, someone is going to have a great idea as to why they desperately need an upgrade, or there will be a new dryad in the very near future, presumably from the 'wait list' though it seems more like a "what does the G.M. want to add next" or "Whoever calls dibs on the summoning gets to choose whoever they want" list than a waitlist. So if you want to get in, I suggest double-checking that your entry is legal(not that it wouldn't be, but it doesn't hurt to check) and then getting busy with the politics! On that note...

Whoever summons me will* receive a 100% guaranteed** imitation virtual internet kitten-mince cookie with extra sprinkles***!
*Barring foreseen circumstances.
**Guaranteed to have had its existence as a hypothetical entity inferred.
***You don't want to know.
Read the First Post!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2017, 11:52:35 am »

Just a friendly reminder that an OOC thread exists. I'm finding multiple OOC threads in the IC thread.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2017, 12:06:30 pm »

Whoops, my fault. Moving it over right now!

Hiver examines the tree that does not appear to be a tree.
The signpost?

((You;ve existed for about 5 minutes, you don't know what a signpost is... but yes.))
I'm pretty sure we know what mau-ecces and ba'urds are, as well as those nasty cor-emmittes.

[Thanks for using SaltWind Shipping Co.©!]

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2017, 12:46:26 pm »

Whoops, my fault. Moving it over right now!

Hiver examines the tree that does not appear to be a tree.
The signpost?

((You;ve existed for about 5 minutes, you don't know what a signpost is... but yes.))
I'm pretty sure we know what mau-ecces and ba'urds are, as well as those nasty cor-emmittes.

[Thanks for using SaltWind Shipping Co.©!]

After rereading the post, it definately sounds harsher than I intended. It was supposed to be joking, and should have been punctuated by a  :P  My apologies.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2017, 10:07:38 pm »

Looks like one player has yet to post. To answer your OOC question that I did not notice because it was in the IC thread for some reason, I do not know what a groot is, but you are pretty small.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2017, 10:10:22 pm »

Looks like one player has yet to post. To answer your OOC question that I did not notice because it was in the IC thread for some reason, I do not know what a groot is, but you are pretty small.
The tree-guy from Guardians of the Galaxy. In the sequel, he's regenerating from a small fragment of himself, so he's in a few-inch-tall, juvenile state.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27