Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Why do you fail to post your action within 72 hours of each update

Not even bothering to check the game thread each day to see if it updated
- 0 (0%)
Didn't even bother to subscribe to the game thread
- 0 (0%)
Waited to what other players would do first, and failed to post myself (This is a big no no)
- 0 (0%)
Mandatory real life events that render the internet inaccessible to you for over 72 consecutive hours
- 1 (50%)
Is one of the few players who actually post their action consistently
- 1 (50%)
I don't even care anymore (Or never cared)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.  (Read 25109 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.
« Reply #330 on: July 19, 2017, 07:38:33 pm »

As has frequently been stated by the G.M., The G.M. is a lying cheating cheat-liar and cannot be trusted. It is thus obvious that this misdirection is an attempt at directing us to a misguided end. No doubt this "telling the enemy what to do" effect will result in an enemy that is quite reasonable and friendly and will enjoy doing as it is told, as opposed to tearing the new dryad into tiny tiny little pieces and eating the remains.

P.S.
 So long as we can generate mana faster than it costs to revive dryads, and a single dryad can attract a whole mitey horde, we can hold them off forever by sacrificing dryads. Thus I am given yet another idea for a dryad!

name: E-coyday Aitbay Urelay
Combat: Law of Nature(airquotes): Prey: Everything wants to eat you and will waste its time doing so.
N.C.: Meta: Totally Original(airquotes): The G.M. won't notice when you submit an exact duplicate of this dryad to the waitlist to replace its dead counterpart.
Natural: Growth: Revive: There is a chance that you will regrow immediately if you die.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 22, 2017, 02:53:26 pm »

Curses! It looks like we still have players who don't consistently post within 72 hours of an update. I'll have to let the turn last a bit longer to give the waitlisters a chance to feed.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 22, 2017, 03:06:23 pm »

Really going to have to get that tier preservation upgrade...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 22, 2017, 03:09:33 pm »

I'm surprised nobody mentioned it until now.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 22, 2017, 04:10:54 pm »

Sorry I haven't action'd sooner. Also, the upgrades available for Hikari still treat her as a newborn.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 22, 2017, 04:14:55 pm »

Actually, you still managed to post within 72 hours. Barely.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 22, 2017, 05:52:55 pm »

I did not even notice that Antherus was intending to use the Direct Insects ability.
I've given at least one warning in the past that you should use the exact name of an ability when you intend to use it, or else the GM may not assume you intend to use it. (Though this may have been prior to the addition of Antherus).

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 22, 2017, 06:18:38 pm »

I'd like to be taken off the waitlist. I haven't been able to follow what's happening very well on both OOC and IC, and at this point I don't really want to put in the effort to catch up.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 22, 2017, 11:08:53 pm »

Just to clarify, mana WAS used last turn. Reviving a tier 1 dryad costs 3 mana.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 27, 2017, 09:27:24 pm »

I'm going to say it is legal to get an ability that another dryad has provided that it falls under a skillset that you have. There would be no discounts for doing so unless I already had some kind of plan for future upgrades. In order to do this, you would need to purchase a non-random spell. I guess there is a non zero chance you can get it using random ability? Don't count on that one though. Especially if I know you are trying to do that.

Also, the ooc thread exists for a reason.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 27, 2017, 09:30:39 pm »

Sorry I forgot.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 28, 2017, 06:30:48 pm »

Due to the fact that it has only been 71 hours since I sent a PM to Mardent23, I am going to permit him to rejoin the waitlist at the very top of it... Provided that I get some kind of response from him before the full 72 hours have passed. (There are about 55 minutes left as of this post). Hooray technicalities!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 30, 2017, 08:40:58 pm »

As a fresh reminder, if you go 72 hours after an update without posting, anyone on the waitlist can take over your position in the game.

There is seriously no excuse for going even 48 hours without checking in. Seriously, this game could potentially update more frequently if players would consistently get their actions in fast enough. (Might take several turns of this for the GM to get used to it though)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 02, 2017, 04:17:19 pm »

Got the update up. Bit later than usual, largely because replacing dryads is more GM intensive than regular updates. Though I am getting a lot of replacement practice in.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 02, 2017, 05:00:04 pm »

Posting to prevent (justifiable) quadruple post.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27