Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Why do you fail to post your action within 72 hours of each update

Not even bothering to check the game thread each day to see if it updated
- 0 (0%)
Didn't even bother to subscribe to the game thread
- 0 (0%)
Waited to what other players would do first, and failed to post myself (This is a big no no)
- 0 (0%)
Mandatory real life events that render the internet inaccessible to you for over 72 consecutive hours
- 1 (50%)
Is one of the few players who actually post their action consistently
- 1 (50%)
I don't even care anymore (Or never cared)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.  (Read 25117 times)

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.
« Reply #315 on: July 11, 2017, 04:27:55 pm »

Have I missed anything?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 11, 2017, 05:05:14 pm »

Well, aside from protecting the tree, we also want it to grow. More tree means more mana means more dryad!
As for spending mana? No permission required. It is just that everyone else can vote it up or down. If you just keep spending all the mana on tier upgrades for yourself, then others will likely vote your stuff down...
But spending mana is achieved by just asking to spend mana, and being on the tree's tile is often important?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 11, 2017, 05:59:37 pm »

How mana may or may not be used is up to the players. There are no formal rules set up for how it can and cannot be used as of yet. Feel free to get political if you want.

Asking the tree for something, like, literally asking it things using words probably won't get anything done. I think it is canon that the Dryads are the will of the tree.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 11, 2017, 07:11:43 pm »

But if the dryads are the will of the tree, then asking for the tree to will itself to use an ability is asking for the dryad to use the tree's ability!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 11, 2017, 07:40:18 pm »

Its not like that. It is that.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 13, 2017, 04:37:51 pm »

Every ability is interpreted a different way each time it is used. While you will often get the same results from using the same ability, external factors and random chance will have huge effects on it and some abilities are more consistent than others.

For example, a Geode Bomb has a higher than average damage on average, but can easily harm the wrong things. It is reliant on jagged crystal fragments to deal damage, but unless the geode bomb is swallowed it will never deal 100% of its potential damage. Any obstructions nearby can reduce the impact these fragments can have, such as a nearby wall.

You can get a general idea of what will or will not be effective by contemplating the  wording on the update posts. If the GM acts especially sarcastic for example, that will reduce the effectiveness of doing the exact same action under the same circumstances. If the GM says it went especially well because of specific circumstances, that also reduces its effectiveness in future uses for some reason. If the GM hints towards something without telling you outright, then you can get an especially effective result if you figure it out. This is because the GM is sort of a jerk.

quantumMastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 13, 2017, 05:04:33 pm »

Pretty much all we're doing is protecting/helping the tree.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 13, 2017, 06:23:40 pm »

So what you're telling me is that if I want maximum damage, I need to shove the Geode Bomb down my target's throat? I can dig it. Should be fun to try in the future.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 15, 2017, 10:37:01 pm »

As a reminder, if a player is proving to be... Problematic... You can cast Replace Dryad on them. It might be resisted, but having a majority of players agree on it will probably make it work.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 15, 2017, 10:51:44 pm »

As a reminder, if a player is proving to be... Problematic... You can cast Replace Dryad on them. It might be resisted, but having a majority of players agree on it will probably make it work.
Whom are you implying is problematic?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 16, 2017, 12:40:59 am »

Well there is the break-dancer and the AFK, which are both extremely helpful. SN is probably referring to Geos. All that wall building and destroying over and over again is just tedious to watch...
Read the First Post!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 16, 2017, 06:00:10 pm »

I might have very little/no internet access for the next 3 days, so I might be unable to post.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 16, 2017, 07:16:28 pm »

Well you get 72 hours after an update to post before you can be replaced so that won't be a problem provided you get your internet back on the fourth day.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 19, 2017, 12:21:34 am »

Waitlisters, kindly take this opportunity to swipe away Shadowclaw777's spot in the game. He has failed to post any actions for an unforgivable amount of time. (And this is despite even getting a pm reminder at least once)

But make sure you read the instructions on the first post about replacing other players first; you still can lose your chance on a technicality.

And speaking of unforgivable amounts of time, I have finally got around to adding Grumm-da to the waitlist properly.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 19, 2017, 07:00:26 pm »

Here is a free piece of advice for the new player. On two separate occasions, one of which was literally the latest turn, it has been demonstrated that going after large quantities of Cor-Mites alone is not such a hot idea.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27