Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Why do you fail to post your action within 72 hours of each update

Not even bothering to check the game thread each day to see if it updated
- 0 (0%)
Didn't even bother to subscribe to the game thread
- 0 (0%)
Waited to what other players would do first, and failed to post myself (This is a big no no)
- 0 (0%)
Mandatory real life events that render the internet inaccessible to you for over 72 consecutive hours
- 1 (50%)
Is one of the few players who actually post their action consistently
- 1 (50%)
I don't even care anymore (Or never cared)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.  (Read 25147 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2017, 07:30:15 pm »

I suppose that now we get to find out if the current team
A: want to save up their mana for something important, like healing our tree.
B: Are a bunch of loners who don't want to flood the game with new dryads.
C: Want to summon us all as soon as possible.
D: Are massive trolls and will constantly hint at it but never summon anyone.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 04:04:36 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2017, 04:04:31 pm »

Two players have not yet posted an action. Going to take a... AHEM... Rain Check... On updating today because of that. Update should come tomorrow regardless of whether or not everyone got an action in.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2017, 04:15:03 pm »

Who ever said it was English? Or any Earth language, for that matter? Add to your action checking the size of the circles relative to the other letters. Knowing the capitalization would help.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2017, 04:32:17 pm »

Pretty sure the two stacked circles might be a B or 8, though B would probably make more sense for a sign, the straight line connected to a curved line is an r, h, p or b depending on the size of the curved line, the two curved lines are an m, the crossed lines are t or x, and the circles are o. The one that looks like a face might be an a, e, or g, and the curved line connecting to a straight line is a d or q.

Could be completely off of they don't use the same alphabet, or are writing in calligraphy or cursive or something.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2017, 08:53:07 pm »

Hey I think I'm going to withdraw from this. It's just not really my jam, which is weird because I thought I'd be super into it. Sorry about the inconvenience and good luck to all the other players.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 09:02:28 pm by Roboson »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2017, 09:18:04 pm »

Oh my, four mana! Time to-   -_- revive a dead dryad... Let the trolling of the waitlist commence! (This is all meant in good humour, I am content watching you lil'uns scamperin' aboot.)
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2017, 06:56:23 am »

Do I choose a specific dryad from the waitlist?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2017, 07:35:55 am »

No. I would rather choose the Dryad who would be the least useful in your current situation. But feel free to tell me your opinion in the ooc thread. Also, did someone seriously make a post without including their character name again?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2017, 09:18:37 am »

No. I would rather choose the Dryad who would be the least useful in your current situation. But feel free to tell me your opinion in the ooc thread. Also, did someone seriously make a post without including their character name again?
Huh. Didn't know that was a thing.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2017, 11:40:06 am »

Is there even a waitlist written anywhere?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2017, 03:42:17 pm »

Is there even a waitlist written anywhere?
All the knowledge of the universe can be found within Supernerd's secret domicile...

I would rather choose the Dryad who would be the least useful in your current situation.
Well then, you should probably wait until there is a situation before activating a replacement for Roboson. Otherwise it will be difficult to attain maximum trollage.
Oh wait...
Quote from: the first post of this very thread
It is worth noting that a dryad needs to be next to the tree in order to be a valid target for its magic. The revival of dead dryads is an exception to this.
Oh, wait, nevermind. The Replace Dryad and New Dryad spells don't work. Maybe if they already exists within the tree and just need to be brought out? No, then they would be 'inside' the tre rather than "next to" the tree... Unless they are stillborn?
Read the First Post!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2017, 03:55:34 pm »

Replace Dryad should definitely also be an exception, actually. I'll tweak that spell a bit. And making a new Dryad does not target a specific dryad so you don't need to be next to the tree for that one.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2017, 04:51:43 pm »

How do conflicting actions work, Supernerd? Like, say I wanted to stop someone who decided they want to burn a majority of our mana without checking with any of the other dryads. Would there be a speed roll or something, or would the order of the posts just invalidate anything like that? You know, just in case those kinds of decisions to control a communal power source without community input piss Geos off.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2017, 04:53:41 pm »

Just state that you disagree with an action in thread. Unless it has a majority vote or a very good reason, that'll almost certainly fizzle the action and save your mana.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2017, 05:10:43 pm »

Ah, neat. Thanks for responding so quickly. I'll try to post an action after my last final today.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27