Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Newcomers - Statistical Rpg [ Open for all ] [ Day 5 ]  (Read 3090 times)

Eldubs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Newcomers - Statistical Rpg [ Open for all ] [ Day 5 ]
« on: April 28, 2017, 01:15:53 pm »

Newcomers
Welcome to newcomers, before you start reading anything, this is a statistic heavy based rpg, not much role playing will be going on here, if you are searching for straight up role playing this is not it!

Welcome to Newcomers! The goal of the game is to cooperatively build a magnificent settlement for your fellow players, building new and upgraded buildings for the settlement will yield bonuses to everyone so any new player who wishes to join the game will inherently have extra bonuses to start his journey and catch up to the rest of the players. The game will be updated by me each day, each day everyone has 10 actions, there are set actions from which you can pick what you want to do each day, for example there are 3 starting areas from which everyone will start their game, your first day could be exploring an area 10 times, each area has loot and monsters specific to it, one of the starting areas is Dwellers Cellar, if you choose to go 10 times there, you can encounter Deformed Humans with a 25% chance, each time you encounter a monster you fight him automatically, upon defeat you get loot with a chance. At the start your character is not strong, you have 1 damage and 10 health so if you happen to encounter 4 Deformed humans whose stats are 3 health and 1 damage, you will die, dying will just cancel all your remaining actions for the day so nothing major. As I said before this is a statistics heavy game and there are a couple docs that will be updated every time someone discovers a new item/monster etc, I will post in the thread every day with possible updates so no one misses anything crucial to the game.

Signing up
Signing up is easy, if you have read the OP, please refer to the Area doc page and pick which areas you want to go to with your first 10 actions, you can split your 10 actions between all 3 of them if you wish, oh and also I need a name for your character, pretty simple. Ask away any questions you have

Info Docs
Character Page - This page has all the player characters and all their inventories/stats etc, refer to this when you want to trade with other players or want to make advancements with your character.
Area Page - This page has all the available info about areas, if a monster has unknown drops, it means no one has got that particular item as a drop before, unknown statistics mean that the monster has yet to be fought/defeated. Each area has exploring progress, defeating a monster in that area will forward that exploration progress, fully explored areas will reveal extra monsters/things to do in that area.
Item Page - This page will be constantly updated when new items are discovered, you can check each item and their stats here.

Global Goals
They are for all players of the game, investing in these will unlock features for everyone in the game, meaning the rich if they want new things they will need to invest and so on. When something is unlocked, its available to everyone in the game!

Adventurer Camp
- Gold: [6 / 30]
This will be the start of the settlement of lords, you will be able to unlock shops and other features for professions and in the future go further as the game grows.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 04:02:44 am by Eldubs »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Newcomers - Statistical Rpg [Open for all]
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 01:27:01 pm »

Do we post a character here or on the character page? Also do we put anything for equipment or skills or anything like that?

Eldubs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 01:31:58 pm »

No, skills and items will be gained later in the game. Your first day starts with just selecting 10 actions to spend in any of the 3 areas.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 01:33:18 pm »

OK, so I don't fill out a character sheet at this point. In that case, my 10 actions will be to explore the forest 10 times.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 02:35:06 pm »

Visit the Town alleyway 1 time, the rest 9 actions go to exploring the forest.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 02:47:59 pm »

Explore the forest 10 times.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 03:34:50 pm »

5 town alleyways, 5 forest.

Also, the OP says we need names, so call me Feu Rette.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 03:59:24 pm »

10 actions in Dwellers Cellar.
My name shall be... Oh... Lets say "Guffer"
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Eldubs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 04:19:58 pm »

Roboson

During the exploration of the forest 10 times, you encounter 6 Humanoid Rats killing all of them and gaining 6 experience. You were fairly unlucky with loot hitting 2 different loot's 3 times each.

Spoiler: Humanoid Rat Fight (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Shadowclaw777

During the exploration of the forest 9 times, you encounter 7 Humanoid Rats killing all of them and gaining 7 experience, and exploring Town alleys once but with no luck with an encounter there. You were very unlucky with loot hitting 2 different loot's and the worst one 4 times.

Felissan

During the exploration of the forest 10 times, you encounter 7 Humanoid Rats killing all of them and gaining 7 experience. You were fairly lucky hitting 4 unique drops but only hitting 4 drops out of 7 monsters.

Feu Rette Ocean Soul

During the exploration of the Town Alleys 5 times, you encounter one Mugger and kill him for no loot and 3 experience, forth venturing to forest 5 times, you encounter 5 Humanoid Rats killing 4 of them and gaining 4 experience. You got strange loot, from 5 total kills 2 items and they are the same.

Yeah I forgot about the naming of the character, I edited that in earlier.

Spoiler: Mugger Fight (click to show/hide)

Guffer Supernerd

During the exploration of the Dwellers Cellar 10 times, you encounter 6 Deformed Humans but only killing 3 of them. Low luck with a hit on gold 2 times.

Spoiler: Deformed Human Fight (click to show/hide)

Everyone
First part of forest has been cleared unlocking forest part 2, to explore part 2 you need to specify so when you pick your 10 actions, but I don't suggest it yet since the monster there is pretty formidable, also for completing Humanoid Rat encounter he now has 10% more encounter rate in part 1.

All loot has be checked from the item list doc and to equip items you need to tell me in the thread, trading is possible and you can do it when ever, just inform me on the thread via bolded messaged and I will edit the docs. You can check your items from the character doc, everyone has their own page there.

Some people have found bows and arrows, if you have a bow equipped you need arrows to use it, this makes it unreliable since arrows end, but bows do a lot of damage since the bow and the arrow has stats making them good for hard monsters.

The people who I have updated now, you can post 10 new actions after tomorrow 12pm GMT + 2 (12 hours from posting this)

« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 04:25:52 pm by Eldubs »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Newcomers - Statistical Rpg [ Open for all ] [ Day 1 ]
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 04:40:16 pm »

Anyone have arrows they'd be willing to give me? 3 should be enough for now.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 04:43:30 pm »

I'd like to buy a bow. I only have 3 gold, so I guess that's my offer. If someone wants to sell me a bow for 3 gold, let me know.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 06:12:59 pm »

How about 1 bow for 3 arrows?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 06:35:20 pm »

I'd rather hold onto my arrows so that I can use them once I get a bow. I'd rather not give up ammunition that I intend on using. Especially since I want to move into the town or into forest Lv 2 next turn.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2017, 07:16:43 pm »

In that case, then Shadow, can I have your arrows?

Eldubs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2017, 11:47:52 pm »

I'd rather hold onto my arrows so that I can use them once I get a bow. I'd rather not give up ammunition that I intend on using. Especially since I want to move into the town or into forest Lv 2 next turn.

No offence, but I am pretty sure even if you got all the loot from the first turn of the game, you could only kill 1 Wolf Follower resulting in a massive loss of your actions. And when you run out of arrows you wont be able to utilize the bow anymore.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4