Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 241152 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #915 on: February 16, 2018, 07:29:29 am »

The world was generated in.... 43.03 I believe, but I upgraded it in 44.05, works like a charm. All race playable mod, which...should not change anything besides adding an ability to tan hides and make basic items with.

If you so wish, you can grab the save right away, it's just two posts above o/

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #916 on: February 16, 2018, 09:02:07 am »

Got it.  I'm going to start with another gobbo lady, though I'm going to roll the dice a few times to make this one distinct.  Will get back in a bit.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #917 on: February 16, 2018, 12:08:19 pm »

If you want to play a goblina, your best starting kingdoms are Bomrek-Laltur (Blotted Trumpets), for fully good and integrated goblins, Ansgekstozu (Coastal Poisons), the green skinned subjects of the lizard demon of the north, or Osme Stobϋb (Chunky Hate) with their gray complexion, which we start to know really well by now. Remember than Ansgekstozu and Osme are at war with each other, Osme being largely on top. A good thing to consider is, goblins born under the rule of demons, like anyone else, might have serious difficulties to adapt to any other civilized environment !

Gimme a description of your character as soon as you got one o/
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 12:12:49 pm by Cathar »

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 16, 2018, 12:40:32 pm »

I have a character idea ready, but I want to wait a bit so I can schedule enough time to do my character justice.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #919 on: February 16, 2018, 12:45:31 pm »

I have some time on my hands, if you want to tell me in private it'd help me to provide more infos if you so wish

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 16, 2018, 02:41:06 pm »

Just got the .rar on my phone, will download df when I get home
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 16, 2018, 04:40:21 pm »

I am so thrilled to see this happening.  Erm . . . I dunno if I can promise to join, though.

• Take a lot, a lot of screenshots. Stonesense or (if your computer can stomach it) armok vision are the best (thanks japa o/). If you can use the dfhack "markdown" command on important characters in addition, it would help me to illustrate them. Else, a screenshot of their description in game is cool too

I like the ASCII an awful lot, and I've never used those tools.  I've also never used dfhack: what does "markdown" do?  Is it something that a player could replicate using other means?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #922 on: February 16, 2018, 04:46:45 pm »

Markdown is a DFhack command that copies the content of a text screen into an external *.txt file, so it can be copy pasted. If you don't use DFhack, you can just print screen the description, it works all the same

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 17, 2018, 12:50:01 pm »

The Land of Confining, on the southwestern continent of the plane of Minbazkar.  A land where warlike humans and warlike goblins have inexplicably managed to come together over their love of conflict and carve out a history of relative peace between their races, settling their differences through games and sports in place of swords and arrows.

But all is not well in the land.  Rumor has it that the dark god Thrathnu Scorchedsculpts the Murder of Skulls, displeased at the harmony between man and greenskin, turned his baleful eye upon the land that it may know the horrors of war and destruction.  The dark sorceress Anlar Dancetool and her disciples reign from the tower of Plainsbrews, and evil creatures of all kinds roam the countryside, preying on the weak and helpless.

In the small town of Ardentstar, a mere stones throw away from the black tower, the militia commander Gil Sudemtuco had lived the better part of his life in a constant vigil against the undead horde that may at any time crush his town beneath their rotting feet.  After a routine patrol a few years back, he found a strange, gray-skinned and crimson-haired child left upon his doorstep.  His heart turned at the sight of the small creature, and he took her in to raise as his own.

This is the story of Sisha Gigolkuda of the Council of Jewels.

Raised in a household with six boys and taught by a militia commander, with only one older sister to keep an eye on her, Sisha quickly grew into a fairly accomplished wrestler.  It was only a matter of time before her natural gifts in the art of combat became apparent, and rumors began to spread that the girl who mysteriously appeared one day was destined to accomplish great deeds.

Nonetheless, the goblin blood ran strong in her and she showed little interest in fighting for the benefit of others.  Until one day she learned a terrible secret about her father's past...

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #924 on: February 17, 2018, 01:07:51 pm »

Perfect setting to start off the adventure ! Can you give the description (look at self) and starting gear of your character? And by all means, keep going, it sounds very promising

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: February 17, 2018, 03:28:19 pm »

Oops, I forgot.  Here's the character description.  Ah, seems she has purple hair after all, I thought it was red for some reason.  Well, whatever.

And picking up a companion:

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 17, 2018, 04:29:32 pm »

...The part I find most hilarious is the background convo between short-head swordsman and a random cat :P

He is probably drunk and the cat is staring at him 'go home John you're drunk' way.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #927 on: February 17, 2018, 04:34:19 pm »

So sorry to bother you, but do you have any preference for stuff like haircut and all? Else she seems really cute. Also congratulations, your companion is the father of the king of Lumong, in the deep, deep south. He's an old man who apparently likes to travel incognito.

Truely he seems super interesting. Polite and super humble ; "I don't agree but, what do I know I'm the stupid one" while his son rules over two thousand men :D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 04:55:27 pm by Cathar »

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 17, 2018, 04:59:32 pm »

This might be a bit silly, but how do i add a world in?
I haven't played df in forever
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #929 on: February 17, 2018, 05:05:23 pm »

Just unrar the file in data>save

I'll just ask you to wait your turn to begin the adventure, so we can have one canon storyline, but feel free to roam around, it's good training :D
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 111