Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 239382 times)

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #810 on: January 09, 2018, 06:18:20 pm »

Zefer was promoted to the rank of cadet captain, and his wedding with Donu was planned.

Oh, and I proposed to Donu...i think I did anyways, all that happened after the bronze demon fell was a blur...so I think I'll ask Donu what happened,our betrothement is soon though.

I thought we were waiting till they were old enough to get married. I was going to delay the courtship for at least 2 more seasons till Donu is 16, but I may have lost track of time. I know we could do a betrothal, have it last the rest of the year. The next story I had planned was Donu talking with her dad about Zefer, so I can tie a betrothal in with that.

edit: Awesome story tho. I like how more and more badass monsters/armies keep coming to watershield, only to get embarrassed by a few brave humans.

That's the Watershield way
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 09, 2018, 07:29:51 pm »

. . . Of course.  I had been wondering how exactly you caught prisoners before; you never discussed your cage trap setup in any detail.

Wow.  Um.  Is a level-controlled cave-in trap an option?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #812 on: January 10, 2018, 02:33:03 am »

I thought we were waiting till they were old enough to get married. I was going to delay the courtship for at least 2 more seasons till Donu is 16, but I may have lost track of time. I know we could do a betrothal, have it last the rest of the year. The next story I had planned was Donu talking with her dad about Zefer, so I can tie a betrothal in with that.

I might have jumped the gun a bit... sorry about that. We can put that on the account of everybody being drunk out of their mind when that decision was made. Altho I kind of want to start wrapping up the stories, the fort will close his door before she reaches 18. But yeah, we can make it a bethrowal and call it marriage a bit later. That could be ponctuate a happy ending for the fort ?

. . . Of course.  I had been wondering how exactly you caught prisoners before; you never discussed your cage trap setup in any detail.

Wow.  Um.  Is a level-controlled cave-in trap an option?

I fear not, everything behind the sand layer is full of water. Maybe I can try to build a ballista? Or a weapon trap filled with legendary weapons?

[...]
Digo turned around and walked back to his room.  Tomorrow, his new job would begin.

Thanks a lot for the story :D I'll have something drawn for lil Digo soon !

Aranador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 10, 2018, 03:24:38 am »

Maybe the simplest way to dispose of this beastie is with a manually operated upright spear trap with 10 of your best spears, the beastie's cage built and then lever linked, and the whole lot walled and roofed in.  You might make it more elaborate by making the trap at the bottom of a tall tower, and pitting the colossi into it.  You might even build a grand 'colosseum' of several levels height, all smooth walls and tall enough that the colossi will not climb out.  lever linked cage on the central floor, battlements ringing the top.  Then just have everyone take their chances shooting crossbows at it, and see if anyone can snag the kill.  So many options, and these are just the simple ones that do not involve pressure plates and trap doors and stuff.  Have fun.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #814 on: January 10, 2018, 08:35:17 am »

Hum...we're super low tech, we don't have the logistical means to do any of that. Odlug might survive after all.
It's fine, at least the capitale city is safe from its rampage.

Alright guys, from now on I'll only do one update per year and wrap this up before opening a new chapter. If you wish anything to be done, it's pretty much now or never !

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 10, 2018, 09:47:43 am »

Hum...we're super low tech, we don't have the logistical means to do any of that. Odlug might survive after all.
It's fine, at least the capitale city is safe from its rampage.

Alright guys, from now on I'll only do one update per year and wrap this up before opening a new chapter. If you wish anything to be done, it's pretty much now or never !

Doesn't that mean that we would have to evacuate the citizenry to somewhere more secure?
"Men! On my count!"

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 10, 2018, 11:55:37 am »

[...]
Digo turned around and walked back to his room.  Tomorrow, his new job would begin.

Thanks a lot for the story :D I'll have something drawn for lil Digo soon !

Just caught up with Digo's story. Well done!
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #817 on: January 10, 2018, 11:56:05 am »

I'd be all for it, but Watershield itself is the condition for the world to be somewhat secure. If we leave, the kingdom will be left defenseless. Unfortunately, we can't just abandon the fort ; we'll have to retire it and keep our fingers crossed

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 10, 2018, 12:47:57 pm »

I'd be all for it, but Watershield itself is the condition for the world to be somewhat secure. If we leave, the kingdom will be left defenseless. Unfortunately, we can't just abandon the fort ; we'll have to retire it and keep our fingers crossed
Why not bring an adventurer in to deal with the monstrosity that is this colossus? I know I'm asking a lot here but this is the shield of humanity we are talking about.
"Men! On my count!"

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 10, 2018, 01:01:13 pm »

mini update.

Zothoabo was woken from his nap by a crashing sound coming from the hospital. He got out of bed cautiously and headed out. There wasn’t a real threat of thievery in Watershields, but he didn’t want anyone disrupting, or moving his supplies in case of emergency.

When he opened the door to the hospital he was greeted with the sight of Donu, trying to handle two brooms and a mop in one hand, while carrying some rags in the other. As he opened the door, she stepped in her mop bucket and slipped, crashing to the floor and spilling mop water on the ground.

“Donu, what are you doing here? You usually visit once per week.”

Donu scrambled to her feet and kicked the bucket in anger, spraying more mop water across the floor, “Hey dad, just helping out like the good daughter I am.”

“Are you alright? It’s not like you to show up out of nowhere just to,” he made air quotes with his fingers, “help.”

“I don’t have much to do, and with mom gone, I figured you could use an extra hand at the hospital.”

“So you don’t have any ulterior motives for coming here?” He gave Donu his best dad stare, “You know, I heard some rumors you and Zefer have become lovers.”

“DAD!”

“What?” He gave an exaggerated shrug, “It’s what I heard.”

Donu fidgeted a bit during the awkward silence that ensued. “Ok, so maybe me and Zefer are a little more than friends.”

“So you did have ulterior motives for coming here?”

“W-wel’,” she stammered, “I just want you to talk to Jalew and see if he approves of us.”

Zothoabo grabbed Donu and pulled her into a bear hug, “I’m so proud of you. I’ll talk to Jalew, but you have to tell your mother. I know you haven’t talked to her since her accident, but she needs to know her children are still able to feel joy.”

“I’ll talk to her,” Donu hugged her father back, “Thank you, you’ve been a great dad.”

As Donu left Zothoabo began cleaning up the mess she made, “A great dad, huh?” he said to himself, “Who would've thought?”

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 10, 2018, 01:05:27 pm »

mini update.

Zothoabo was woken from his nap by a crashing sound coming from the hospital. He got out of bed cautiously and headed out. There wasn’t a real threat of thievery in Watershields, but he didn’t want anyone disrupting, or moving his supplies in case of emergency.

When he opened the door to the hospital he was greeted with the sight of Donu, trying to handle two brooms and a mop in one hand, while carrying some rags in the other. As he opened the door, she stepped in her mop bucket and slipped, crashing to the floor and spilling mop water on the ground.

“Donu, what are you doing here? You usually visit once per week.”

Donu scrambled to her feet and kicked the bucket in anger, spraying more mop water across the floor, “Hey dad, just helping out like the good daughter I am.”

“Are you alright? It’s not like you to show up out of nowhere just to,” he made air quotes with his fingers, “help.”

“I don’t have much to do, and with mom gone, I figured you could use an extra hand at the hospital.”

“So you don’t have any ulterior motives for coming here?” He gave Donu his best dad stare, “You know, I heard some rumors you and Zefer have become lovers.”

“DAD!”

“What?” He gave an exaggerated shrug, “It’s what I heard.”

Donu fidgeted a bit during the awkward silence that ensued. “Ok, so maybe me and Zefer are a little more than friends.”

“So you did have ulterior motives for coming here?”

“W-wel’,” she stammered, “I just want you to talk to Jalew and see if he approves of us.”

Zothoabo grabbed Donu and pulled her into a bear hug, “I’m so proud of you. I’ll talk to Jalew, but you have to tell your mother. I know you haven’t talked to her since her accident, but she needs to know her children are still able to feel joy.”

“I’ll talk to her,” Donu hugged her father back, “Thank you, you’ve been a great dad.”

As Donu left Zothoabo began cleaning up the mess she made, “A great dad, huh?” he said to himself, “Who would've thought?”

Zoth is best father-in-law.
10/10
"Men! On my count!"

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #821 on: January 10, 2018, 04:05:42 pm »

Adorable ! Thanks again, and sorry again for jumping the gun ! I love your stuff always as much, thanks so much for participating !

Also I'm afraid we're definitely at the end of the story - not much event will copme trouble the life of our little village anymore. So two updates left, then the epilogue. Also not to give any spoiler, but for the most part, it's a good ending.

And for Odlug...Zefer I'll have a surprize. I'm not giving any spoiler, but I'm sure you'll like it.

Malfinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 10, 2018, 05:45:05 pm »

Dear Journal
 We had a big scare this week ; A bronze metal giant Odlug showed up at ours walls but the army took care of it, thanks to the help of Digo trap . Clever kid. Maybe I'll  push my sister to be closer to him, there the same age and both awkward  dorks.
I also been release from training so I been hanging out with  Donu as a priestess now!
We had a huge Victory Party  after  caging the giant, everyone got drunk for the most part, one thing that surprise me was well this is super super  secret  I caught my brother Erod making out with Idem, one of our fort heroes.  They didn't notice me  which good, so embarassing, guess dad will be happy.   He'll be getting  grandkids.
Another thing that happen Zefer and Donu got  drunk and suddenly started  yelling at each other saying "I LOVE YOU"  and "NO I LOVE YOU MORE" back at each other. It was entertaining for the most part.
I hope not to become a third  wheel on one of there dates again... Maybe i'll drag Duslud along. Duslud  thinks I don't notice him staring at me but I do , I also didn't make a lot of male friends so i guess  Duslud would be my first choice in a husband.
I also hung out with Duslud at the party  his face was so  red ,  we'll towards the end of the party  I gave him a kiss on the cheek and  now i'm writing  in you journal.
p.s. he is cute for shrimp.

ooc:thanks you Cathar for the checking and fixing , also drunks teenagers  what can you do.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 06:28:33 pm by Malfinal »

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 10, 2018, 08:23:35 pm »

I hope not to become a third  wheel on one of there dates again... Maybe i'll drag Duslud along. Duslud  thinks I don't notice him staring at me but I do , I also didn't make a lot of male friends so i guess  Duslud would be my first choice in a husband.
I also hung out with Duslud at the party  his face was so  red ,  we'll towards the end of the party  I gave him a kiss on the cheek and  now i'm writing  in you journal.

I love it.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 10, 2018, 09:16:32 pm »

I love it.
Drunken hormonal teenagers? Watershield is turning into a horror movie more and more.
"Men! On my count!"
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 111