Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 241912 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #195 on: July 04, 2017, 01:14:26 pm »

How I missed this?! :o

Your art is getting more and more amazing, and mention of Luki was real heartwarming (pity Aspa died, though)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #196 on: July 04, 2017, 07:31:51 pm »

Oh thank you!
I'm so glad people seem to like Luki. She's like my baby at this point, and that's thanks to her I could really get into the history of the world and get Watershield on its feet. Im so very sad she will not marry nor have kids tho :c
After Watershield, I'm definitely going back to adventurer mode

Also, this season has been run, and it was...eventful. I should have the report done tomorow if things go my way

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 04, 2017, 10:13:30 pm »

I'm so glad people seem to like Luki. She's like my baby at this point, and that's thanks to her I could really get into the history of the world and get Watershield on its feet. Im so very sad she will not marry nor have kids tho :c
DFHack IS amazing! While I can't quite point out the mystery of marrying adventures, I was able to make people consider themselves married in previous versions (don't know about kids, though) and there are several tales spinning around about adventures spawning progeny. Hm... I might try to find the way, but don't have much time now, sadly.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #198 on: July 06, 2017, 09:58:16 pm »

The end of the year 134 was absolutely insane. I'm at lack of words, but I'll try, for posterity, to consign everything that happened, even if like everyone else, I'm still pretty shaken.

First off, the goblin attack was more brutal than they used to be so far. Maybe they sent more experienced troops, maybe it's because we sent fresh recruits alongside our veterans, maybe it's because of our lack or fighting cohesion, but it's the first time our military has to endure wounds.

The good new is ; our Eaglenest now functions, so we could start the encounter by unleashing volleys at them, while receiving nothing in return. The goblins were obviously confused by a tactic that seems elementary for us now. Eitherways, it was the first really successful attack made from our bow squad. By the time the swords and axes arrived on the scene, a number of goblins was already wounded.

One of them was even lying on the ground, grasping for air as willow arrows went through his chainmail and right to his lungs.

However, when we arrived, it was our turn to be the target of much more experienced archers and crossbowmen, equipped with metal ammunitions. Domi, Mim's eldest daughter freshly incorporated into the Lord's men, took a bolt in the leg.

The girl was only 13 years old, but shown a fighting spirit that would put everyone else to shame in the kingdom. She stood up, rushed the crossbowman, and sticked her copper sword into his arm. Imic came from behind and finished up the foe. The rest of the battle was pretty one-sided. One of our men, Tuco, had his hand cut open, but nothing Zothoabo cannot fix quickly.

When the sun finally rose, our enemies were dead or running. Once again we managed to survive.

We had two months of relative peace, so we started to forage for additional ressources. Our wood consumption has been reduced by the tower of agriculture we're still expending. With skilled clothier, weavers and farmers, we're starting to create a good amount of wealth.

The temple and the library seem to be liked among the population. They go there to read, discuss and socialize. Ser and Saren wrote their first book each, and we're looking forward to bind them, and later on make copies of their knowledge.

Things went dire again in december, with the arrival of the giantess Xok Stedamul Udobexzas

She came at sunset, as people were coming back to town after a day of forage. Some civilians, Asin and Jestri, were caught between the army and the monster, but thanks to the heroic charge of our soldiers, they managed to escape unharmed.

The monster was resistant, but after twenty minutes of us taking turns at chipping at it, it tried to run, crying for its life. We were taking none of it and I orderd the pursuit.

It was finally put on the ground, and we lashed on it everything we had. It still took us almost an hour to have it bleed to death. Sir Imic dealt the final blow.

Once again, we survived.

Tho having survived against those odds, we later on received ominous messages.

Brokenbronze has been attacked again - its lord and two of his captain has been slain, and is now on the brink of collapse. We'll pray to Ino they make it.
Another successful attack as carried on the Entrancing Oils, however, lead by Lady Dilol's daughter, who was finally pushed back, but came back to Hazelslide with her force mostly intact and having inflicted a lot of casualties on the defenders of Trumpetknight.

If that stronghold falls, I believe the dwarves will finally give up.

It's now the new year... We've been fighting this world wide war for nine years. I can't wait for it to end.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 03:49:29 am by Cathar »

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 06, 2017, 10:17:58 pm »

Diary of Zefer Scribefondled
With the creation of the EagleNest. The archers and crossbow men finally have seen the glory of battle and the amazing deliverance of justice upon the green skins and later upon a giantess. I'm glad to have fought aside my commanding officer too. I just pray and hope that we do not encounter the dwarves any day soon...the news of brokenbronze has my blood boiling . This can not keep happening, soon Riverguard will be the last group, the last bastion of humanity against the dwarves.
I must train harder.
There is a signature, written as if the writer was determined about some thing.a note written in a red murky ink. "They will not kill us."
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 07, 2017, 10:06:49 pm »

Here's a good idea for the future of this story - after the fort is in a good place, switch to adventurer mode to watch/start/lead the final charge against the Dwarves.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #201 on: July 08, 2017, 12:14:27 am »

Unfortunately this is a war of attriction, with multiple layers of insanity, among wich the dwarves of Dezor Uzol are not the worst, far from it.
Apparently the dislike of the dwarves comes from very high, and possibly from a place I don't like very much.

To put it bluntly, I think this has something to do with the quest for immortality of the Royal General. The dwarves of Dezor Uzol has been treating us well and politely outside of battlefields... Some of them even ask for residency to study with Ser and Saren.

If they could just give up, and ask for peace, we could focus on the true enemy of the Nation: elves and goblins. Which are far to be as civil. The whole situation cannot be overcame with a single charge I fear, this is a true clusterfog

I did a quick recap of our current diplomacy and state of war at page 12 if you want
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 12:17:36 am by Cathar »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 08, 2017, 07:54:56 pm »

Apparently the dislike of the dwarves comes from very high, and possibly from a place I don't like very much.

Well, you're the author, what you don't like, you can remove.

How about starting an adventurer with the goal of assassinating the necro-obsessed Royal General and freeing the Nation from his errant command? Wouldn't stop the war in game, but you could RP something about lessening tensions.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #203 on: July 09, 2017, 10:30:35 am »

Spring and Summer came and went. Nothing too much to be said about those two seasons, really. Life was quiet and happy. Only a single tragedy occured.
Uthret, a fisherwoman, was out foraging for wood as she got attacked by a roaming alligator. She would have been killed if Rethi-Eli, passing nearby, hadn't thrown himself at the beast.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rethi-Eli was a brave man, who fought heroically until his last breath. His sacrifice was not in vain, as Uthret managed to flee the scene. The army eventually came but too late to save the poor man.

Rethi-Eli came in Watershield in the late autumn of 132. His skills as a farmer were instrumental in the development of our early agrarian system. Altho having been proposed multiple times for anoblishment, he never followed suite, apparently content with his work. He was a man of great talent and of few words, who shown his colors as a hero in his very final moments.

He is survived by his wife, Jestri, and his seven children : Slada, Destis, Nemen, Gosath, Caslu, Pamnot and Komo. He was burried soon after. We sacrified the goblin captain we caught last year to the gods, so his place in heaven is assured, and we'll make him a place in our memorial hall-to-be. Rest in peace.

Maybe a few words on our current situation :

The battle rages on in the west. Ret Peakromance, daughter of Lady Dilol of Hazelslide, is leading the charge on Trumpetknight, stronghold of Desor Uzol. For nine years this place has resisted all our attempts to capture it, but the forces of Ret managed to score her third victorious assault. For now no pillage nor conquest, but after her third recorded victory, we might very well not be far. We're praying for her.

The couple of capybara we captured has been trained and gave birth to one male and two female pups, who are now completely tame. We've been missing leather a great deal until now, but soon this will be corrected. If only we can do the same feat with aligators, we'd have a nice supplement for our army.

Outside wall barracks are now functional aswell. From now on, the army will be divided in two. I shall  lead men outside the walls to repell invasion, and Imic will keep his troops inside in case something manages to cross the wall before we can intercept them.

And last but not least, merchants from Hazelslide came again ! This time, we traded a great deal. Lemann got us covered and haggled every single piece of craft we had to offer. We managed to get a lot of metal and some spare animals. Good enough to make more leather armors and to slowly but surely replace our oudated weaponry by iron made weapons and armors. The bow squad was also reformed a bit. Since they were, without supervision, confiscating the highest quality of gear, I decided to supervize their equipment personally. From now on, they will wear our old Ombathalo Stalcon gear ; as they are not in the frontline, they don't need to wear our heaviest armors.

This is pretty much it for this half year. Let's move on.

Blueturtle : Those are all ideas I'll be keeping. Thats things we can do no problem. Let's wait and see if the situation evolves by the time we end this fort. I'm thinking to end it when it reaches Metropolis level and look like a real city proper
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 10:32:26 am by Cathar »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 09, 2017, 11:09:54 am »

I have come up with an interesting way of giving Imic a story, but it'll only become clear in the next fort.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 09, 2017, 11:20:42 am »

I have to say that was one pissed off alligator.
"Men! On my count!"

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #206 on: July 09, 2017, 12:34:40 pm »

I think I'll do a combined Autumn and Winter update. But you'll have a school case exemple of "Imic story" and "pissed off someone", trust me.
First time in this game I see something this brutal

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #207 on: July 11, 2017, 08:36:35 pm »

Dairy. Autumn 134. I think I'm losing my mind. Am I going insane? Everything I saw with my own eyes was confirmed by the townfolks, so either we are all going raving mad, or that really did happened.

Autumn started off like spring and summer, peaceful, uneventful. We decided to slow down constructions and crafts, and take some time to live and enjoy our time in this world, so there won't be much to be told about our progress.

What needs to be told, however, is the coming of the cyclop Usle Daduaxod B”suetog. Alarm was risen, the town bell rang, but we were confident that our walls would force the monster to engage our troops under the main gate, so we deployed quickly and confidently, marching toward him.

This is the first time we were outsmarted by a monster. He took a sprint and jumped right above the wall, landing in the middle of a group of children playing make belief. The situation went from safe to insanely dire in a second. We were outside of the wall, the monster inside, directly next to the most defenseless of our population.

Imic deployed, the bow squad sent in reinforcements. We were to have losses, but we were hoping to at least minimize them.

Usle the cyclop ran after the scattering children in the meantime. But, after a very short moment, they gathered a courage unknown to man, and ran back at him.

One of the children climbed the beast I don't know how

Code: [Select]
## 1st Sandstone 135 20:48:00
The child punches the cyclops in the head with his left hand, bruising
the muscle!
The cyclops has been knocked unconscious!

This was the most brutal punch we witnessed from our whole lives, and we've been fighting all our lives. The swords and bows arrived shortly after, but the monster was already on the ground. Therset, one of our swordknights, just sliced its throat open.

We tried to ask who did that feat, but without any success

Tho I managed to round up the kids present in the scene, and it's one of the following : Gosath, Ethro, Stalcon, Duslud, Komo, Tunul and Iwa. We'll probably never know... But all of them went against the monster, and all of them need to be praised for their heroic feat and grounded until their majority for their absolute insanity.

I...don't know what else to say

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 11, 2017, 08:47:02 pm »

XD
All hail One-Punch Kid!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 11, 2017, 10:44:23 pm »

Friggin 10/10 update.
I nominate that One Punch Kid be rewarded.
"Men! On my count!"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 111