Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 241915 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2017, 11:50:22 am »

Wait weight mass wait, if she was cursed to search the night for blood then why is there a werebeast?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2017, 02:26:46 pm »

Bad wording on my part. It's a werebeasty werebeast crazed for flesh and blood no doubt

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2017, 03:54:45 pm »

Couple of things to preface this excerpt which takes place during the last update (Before the weretortoise attack).
1st: I had this loosely planned out before the most recent…. Development. 
2nd: This is in no way a criticism of the story. Just some rp based on my character’s mood (which is bored)

Zothoabo strolled through the empty hospital on the way to his room. He casually wandered around the beds. They were each in pristine condition with sturdy wooden frames and white sheets. Not a spec of blood or vomit marred the new room. Zothoabo sighed and headed to his bedroom to tuck in the kids.

He gently squeezed Hustra’s hand, and they began tucking in the 6 year old Donu with her favorite toy. “Six more years and she’ll be an adult.” Zothoabo whispered to Hustra.

“They grow up so fast. You were only 14 when we had her, next thing you know, we’ll be grandparents.”

Zothoabo laughed to himself, “Ino, I hope not.”

They moved on to tuck in their 5 year old son, Duslud and put his wooden toy sword in the family coffer. After one last word of reminder that the boogeymen can’t get you as long as your indoors with family, they went to their bedroom where their 1 year old daughter Thur was sleeping.

Hustra began rocking the child gently, and Zothoabo sat down on the bed and sighed. “Should we move?”

“What?” Hustra blurted out, then remembered the sleeping baby, and lowered her voice to a whisper, “Why would you say that, we just got here?”

“I don’t know, I’m just…. Bored.”

“But you were so excited when you got here. You even said the rooms here are nicer than the capital.”

“I know, but-“

“And you have your dream job of doctor. You can finally do some good.”

“But look at the hospital. I don’t want people to be hurt, but I feel so… useless.”

“You have a family to take care of, isn’t that work enough?”

“I just need… something. There isn’t a temple to worship Ino, I haven’t exercised in months, and we’re still wearing the clothes we migrated in.”

“I’m sure you can find something to do. Talk to one of the militia captains, maybe one of them will let you train with them.”

“I guess,” He sighed again, “I think I’m just worried that I’ll make friends.”

“What’s wrong with that?”

“They’re going to die.” His voice trembled on the last word, trying to hold in the emotion. “I’m good, but not that good. We’re at war, and war has casualties. My parents were killed in front of me when I was 4. I just want to be able to keep you safe so the same doesn’t happen to our children.”

Hustra walked over and cradled Zothoabo’s head in her lap, “It’s ok. We’re with the Riverguard now. They have some of the strongest warriors in Mong Kima. Trust me, nothing bad is going to happen.”

That’s a good place to end… right in the feels.
Also, how old is Hustra? Because Zothoabo was married to her at age 12, and they had their first child when he was 14. How old was Hustra?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 03:03:04 pm by Megaman_zx »
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2017, 12:17:52 pm »

Hustra managed to dodge the werebeast and to raise the alarm. The town bell ringed, and the whole population ran into the safety of the keep. With the outer walls being almost completed, it left only one major entrypoint to the village, and as the woman ran inside, the monster was not far behind her.

Luckily, as a Weretortoise, it was relatively slow and the garrison could mobilize relatively fast - especially since our barracks has been moved to ground level.

I gathered the men and we quickly deployed in the direction of the main gate. However, the time it took for us to arrive, one of my soldiers, Inspunz Inkuanur, was already in place. As soon as Hustra passed the gate, she engaged the beast.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This was one one-sided fight if I ever saw one. The time we arrived, Lipi was nothing but a bloody mess on the grass.
When morning came, the alert was cancelled. We checked both of the girls for wounds - apparently no one has been injured. Hustra is a bit chocked, and Inspunz - despite her skills - has rarely given death in service and was a bit disconcerted. But everyone ended up fine - praise the gods.

When we have recovered from the event, I shall continue this diairy. We definitely need to keep our eyes open in the future, but I'm happy that slowly, we learn to bite back.

Megaman : Thank you a lot for your writing :D Zotho will definitely be traiend in the near future so he can defend his family, and find some activity. Life can be quite boring at times, in Watershield

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2017, 12:20:14 pm »

Cathar, I just want you to know that your art is freakin' gorgeous.  :D
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2017, 12:31:25 pm »

Diary of Zefer Scribefondle
This seems to have been written quickly as if there was a pressing matter
I have heard rumours of werebeasts and vampiric creatures roaming in our town, but have never heard the alarm until now, even then when I saw the corpse, there was nothing but a great tortoise cleaved into bits by the axesoldier Inspunz, they should hold a party in her honor, seeing as she killed such a foe. The corpse, though, shall stay fresh in my mind, the purple, lifeless hue draining out. I suppose it is time for sleep, if one can sleep after seeing what we may be up against in the future.
There is a crudely written down signature,
with a crudely drawn picture of a axe wielding warrior cutting down a turtle.
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2017, 09:15:30 pm »

Thanks a lot ! I'll need a bit more time to finish this trimestrial report, but good news are coming !

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2017, 02:25:06 am »

Time has passed since Lipi's assault, and life resumed on Watershield. The morning after, we decided to resume our construction projects to keep the village in the best shape possible, to improve our cultural standing and more importantly, to house our migrants. People complain a bit about the lack of temple and the lack of familial houses, but at the rate at which we are growing, this is something they will have to deal with. We simply cannot keep up with the demand as it stands.

However, dormitories has been installed for the homeless within the keep, so nobody will have to sleep outside. The situation is not ideal, but we keep doing our best.

Since I heard complaints about the lack of decent meals, I asked Mate to privilege quality over quantity. Our stocks are completely full and I believe we can afford to give a bit more to each and every of our citizens. We'll have to keep an eye on our stocks, but for now, that'll do.

What else - the library is not completely finished, but is now functionnal. Ser and Saren took their appartments inside the building, and will have individual rooms on the first floor. Again, I do not see the point in abstract things, but both of them keep insisting this is primordial for the realm. Very well then. The library is now empty - but open. For now it is nothing but a debate club, as both Ser and Saren need to be taught before they can write anything of value. To this effect, dwarven teachers were hired and the ball is now rolling.

(By the way, if you have an idea of a name for our library go for it)

Other than that, three other constructions are making progress : a new house in the north of the village, an office for Imic who now takes his functions as the hearthcaptain and is as such responsible for justice, and the outer wall, which is now completely enclosing the village.

Things take time, but we're making substential progress.

For the future, we also hired two new craftmen : Strospi "Ki" Endsounded, paper-maker who will prove valuable once our scholars are done with their formation, and Ari-Taskmo Agethorn, Glassmaker, who will now replace Ryukan Heartduty since the latter has been promoted to lordship.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I believe that's pretty much it. Autumn has been pretty sweet all things considered. Let's hope winter---

Hold on I'm hearing screams I don't like. I'll continue writing later.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2017, 11:05:38 pm »

(Sorry for being missing. What did I miss?)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #144 on: June 09, 2017, 11:17:38 pm »

No worries ! I think your last message was page six, so... To cut a long story short :
Big migration wave, lot of miscellanea, werebeast attack, and now we have an invasion on our hands...Which means we're officially at war with 5 other civs now

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2017, 11:42:01 pm »

I propose an edict stating that the library must be referred to as the Violent Garlic
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

JCdestr0yer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2017, 11:33:55 am »

Ser's letter to the Lord

Greeting Lord of the swamp

I write this letter to you for the soul perpose of giving you an idea for the name of the new library which you have decided to make. Now there is a two ideas for the library. The first one which personally I think is ghastly is the violent garlic made by my colleague. While the name is understandable by the population it is not very intellectual and would limit growth. I propose a different name. The River Guard Scriptorium. I hope you choice wisely.

Ser novice writer and historian.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2017, 04:57:18 pm »

Alright, this is more serious than I thought. Our borders are getting passed by a band of armored goblins coming from the neighbouring dark pits.
We didn't came for them, but seems we can't avoid fighting them.

Utast is cornered against the outer wall and suffers a long and very painful death. Be asured your death will not stand unavenged, Utast.
The two wild adder I attached to ropes do their job providing a short term - but much needed decoy...

This could not have happened at a worst time - usually most of the people of Watershield stays inside the walls, but as our woodstocks were getting low, people gathered outside to cut down a tree into logs. Perfect storm situation.

Imic and I gathered all the fighters and rushed in to protect the retreating civilians, for our first real battle, against more numerous and better equipped opponents - twenty or so goblins, all armed, wearing metal helmet and chainmails.

For the name, if Ryukan doesnt manifest himself and as I have no preference either way, I'll take the suggestion of the dorf with the highest nobility standing, which would be Ser as a tier three noble.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 04:59:34 pm by Cathar »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2017, 06:02:03 pm »

Wow, what dicks. Are there any skilled marksmen?
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2017, 06:17:28 pm »

Diary of Zefer Scribefondle
My first actual battle? The sheer imagery of war haunts me, but I must hide it, the enemy, from my view of them, twenty or more small green monsters, "cancers upon this land." Father called them. I can see why, the absolute anger in their eyes. I must prepare, tonight may be my last night, and if so, then my diary shall be left blank for ages, not without ending these monsters with me.
Here is another scribbled signature and mixture, this time of twenty poorly drawn figures standing in a line.
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 111