Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 360092 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: The Death of Magic
« Reply #690 on: December 17, 2017, 12:07:51 pm »

How difficult would it be to climb up to the walkway to take a looksie?
22:33   radio   Piecewise_ about how difficult/dangerous would it be for us to climb up to that walkway using the climbing gear we have?
22:34   Piecewise_   Pillars aren't that tall, you could probably wriggle up there pretty easy
22:34   radio   Cool cool.
22:34   radio   Also, yay for lvl-ups for Behiar.
22:34   radio   One day, perhaps, she'll be a real girl.
22:34   Piecewise_   Its like a 12 foot fall if you fail...not great but not instantly fatal

What does ol' Rufus think of all this, does any of it ring a bell?

Wait for Behiar or Ecalir to climb up, try to catch them if they fall. If both of them go up, then they can continue from there whie Rufus and me continue from where we are.

Consider if we could chip of some of the jade from a pillar and if it would be a good source of mana.

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)

For posterity:
23:48   radio   I almost have to go I think. Before I leave, PW, would you be ok with the idea of setting up a general gold/money to mana conversion rate?
23:49   radio   To prevent me having to ask you a thousand question to try and get the most thaum value out of money or loot, we'd just set up a general conversion rate. Would that work for you, or would you like to have it more granular?
23:52   Piecewise_   Sure Radio
23:52   Piecewise_   Not sure at the conversion rate off the top of my head but maybe like 25 gold for 1 mana?
23:53   Piecewise_   For alchemists
23:53   radio   Sure, fine by me.
23:53   Piecewise_   since they're the only people who transmute
23:53   radio   Feel free to change it later if it's too much or too little.
23:53   radio   It's just to prevent lots of questions and pm's to try and get marginally more magic juice out of every piece of loot we encounter.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:57:20 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 17, 2017, 01:32:14 pm »

The sign, hmm..

Saeko Hirahara

Magical healer.
Bones set, limbs repaired.
Personal and emergency service.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 17, 2017, 02:57:26 pm »

Raised the die size of my Senses. I'm now level 6 where a normal character would be level 10.
Climb up onto that pathway! That's gotta be where the good loot is, right?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 17, 2017, 03:42:26 pm »

Rent a room then try to find information about the lake.
Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 18, 2017, 12:39:43 pm »

Unless I'm very clost to one of the pillars, camp overnight. Either way, get to the pillar, CREATE THE SCULPTURE.

Spoiler: Moghorn (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 18, 2017, 02:29:28 pm »

Can I hear anything coming from on top of the pillars/walkway they're holding up? Also, give the jade pillar a tentative lick.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 18, 2017, 07:16:58 pm »

Can I hear anything coming from on top of the pillars/walkway they're holding up? Regardless, climb one of the pillars that looks the easiest to climb. Observe what is on top.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #697 on: December 23, 2017, 08:32:13 pm »

How difficult would it be to climb up to the walkway to take a looksie?
22:33   radio   Piecewise_ about how difficult/dangerous would it be for us to climb up to that walkway using the climbing gear we have?
22:34   Piecewise_   Pillars aren't that tall, you could probably wriggle up there pretty easy
22:34   radio   Cool cool.
22:34   radio   Also, yay for lvl-ups for Behiar.
22:34   radio   One day, perhaps, she'll be a real girl.
22:34   Piecewise_   Its like a 12 foot fall if you fail...not great but not instantly fatal

What does ol' Rufus think of all this, does any of it ring a bell?

Wait for Behiar or Ecalir to climb up, try to catch them if they fall. If both of them go up, then they can continue from there whie Rufus and me continue from where we are.

Consider if we could chip of some of the jade from a pillar and if it would be a good source of mana.

For posterity:
23:48   radio   I almost have to go I think. Before I leave, PW, would you be ok with the idea of setting up a general gold/money to mana conversion rate?
23:49   radio   To prevent me having to ask you a thousand question to try and get the most thaum value out of money or loot, we'd just set up a general conversion rate. Would that work for you, or would you like to have it more granular?
23:52   Piecewise_   Sure Radio
23:52   Piecewise_   Not sure at the conversion rate off the top of my head but maybe like 25 gold for 1 mana?
23:53   Piecewise_   For alchemists
23:53   radio   Sure, fine by me.
23:53   Piecewise_   since they're the only people who transmute
23:53   radio   Feel free to change it later if it's too much or too little.
23:53   radio   It's just to prevent lots of questions and pm's to try and get marginally more magic juice out of every piece of loot we encounter.
This is all new to Rufus, but he says it looks like other underground ruins he's heard of, though bigger in scale. Most of the time all they ever find are a few half destroyed structures.

Jade is quite valuable and would make good fodder for alchemy. Though removing it from here would increase the value.

The sign, hmm..

Saeko Hirahara

Magical healer.
Bones set, limbs repaired.
Personal and emergency service.

You paint the sign and then get one of your bodyguards to put it up above the entrance to your newly created shop. Then you sit down and wait. You wait maybe an hour and a half before a pair of men appear at your door. One is half carrying the other, who seems barely alive. He's badly bloodied and his clothing is torn in several bloodsoaked places; lacerations or stab wounds by the look of it.

"They got him in the bar." The uninjured man says, obviously out of breath and not bothering with introductions.

Raised the die size of my Senses. I'm now level 6 where a normal character would be level 10.
Climb up onto that pathway! That's gotta be where the good loot is, right?

[3v3] You manage, just barely, to scramble up onto the walkway. The path is intricately carved, but worn as though many feet have passed across it, with an almost entirely smoothed section in the center.  The handrails aren't handrails; they're thin troughs of some kind of oily black material.

Can I hear anything coming from on top of the pillars/walkway they're holding up? Regardless, climb one of the pillars that looks the easiest to climb. Observe what is on top.

You don't hear anything from up there, so you climb up and Join your lady love.

Rent a room then try to find information about the lake.
Now, Normally I wouldn't force a wasted turn like this but...how exactly do you want to do that? Since the method can make a big difference in the info you get and the reactions you get from the people of the town.

Unless I'm very clost to one of the pillars, camp overnight. Either way, get to the pillar, CREATE THE SCULPTURE.

You camp out for the night. It passes without issue and you awake the next morning. Its surprisingly cold in the morning and the body is starting to smell vaguely off.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 23, 2017, 10:41:13 pm »

I want to try asking the old woman first then anyone I see in the inn.
[/quote]
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 24, 2017, 01:40:44 pm »

((Finally got everything settled for my next semester of college, just in time for the year to be over. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with this thread better now. No promises for next year, though.))

I feel bad that I keep doing this, but any chance I could have continued working my business to earn gold and thaum for the turns I missed? Anyway, back to the poor side of town. See if a few of the downtrodden would be willing to offer some blood for gold. Hopefully getting it from a few people will let me get the fill of a small child without undue harm to the donators.

Spoiler: Aurum (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 24, 2017, 02:53:48 pm »

Get to the pillar, CREATE THE SCULPTURE.

One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 25, 2017, 02:46:46 pm »

((Probably best to wait with getting some of that jade, lest the locals ask some very pointed questions as to why exactly we're stealing their cultural patrimony/infrastructure. :P ))

Onwards we go! If one of the people on the upper catwalk want to collect some of that oil, hand them some of my alchemist glassware to store it in.

Could I use my 'viscera' word in a sort of scrying spell? The idea is that I'd try to sense any 'viscera' in a fairly wide area to know if any creatures/people/whatever are near (and that have organs that can be described as viscera, of course). And what is the difficulty/mana cost difference if this scrying is only as a momentary 'pulse' as opposed to an effect that continues working for a while (aka a temporary magical sensing)? What about trying to give me a permanent ability to sense nearby viscera?

« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 10:10:54 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 25, 2017, 07:03:33 pm »

Onwards! While thinking about rune magics, of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #703 on: December 25, 2017, 09:01:03 pm »

Merry Christmas everyone!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 25, 2017, 09:18:56 pm »

Merry Christmas everyone!
Merry Christmas, PW. And everyone else.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 203