Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 359957 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: The Death of Magic
« Reply #570 on: October 15, 2017, 11:46:54 pm »

Looks good on that front. next item up is a hammer.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 16, 2017, 03:32:51 am »

Can't do much but wait it out. Try to learn more about what this thing is or does through the use of my senses while waiting.

Once/if it passes and goes away, we sneak onward.

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 16, 2017, 08:37:05 am »

Spend the night by the artifacter grave. Try to crawl under a sheet of metal if I can, stay out of sight.

Then:

Go to Yttria, skirting the Artifacter Grave's North side. Hire a guide if so advised.

Spoiler: Moghorn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 03:23:16 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 17, 2017, 12:48:37 pm »

Time to go find a bed for myself.  I'll probably spend a day or two more, talking with people and hugging those who need hugs.  Then it'll be time to find another caravan and buy a ticket going west.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 17, 2017, 01:16:22 pm »

Ask my sculpture what it does. And see about working a few more odd jobs, or my garbage disposal alchemy service, to earn some gold to buy supplies for my trip to Alkahest, since it seems I can get most of the materials there.

Spoiler: Aurum (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 17, 2017, 02:09:58 pm »

Keep with Darwin. What do my barbarian senses tell me about these annoying grinding noises?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 17, 2017, 04:37:26 pm »

Can I join?
Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
Is this sheet fine?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #577 on: October 22, 2017, 08:58:00 am »

Can I join?
Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
Is this sheet fine?
Sure.  Did you want to start with another player or on your own somewhere?

Looks good on that front. next item up is a hammer.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)

The hammer is easy to find. You buy it for 1 silver at a smith. As you get it, you see that your followers are back, shadowing you from a distance.

Ask my sculpture what it does. And see about working a few more odd jobs, or my garbage disposal alchemy service, to earn some gold to buy supplies for my trip to Alkahest, since it seems I can get most of the materials there.

Spoiler: Aurum (click to show/hide)

You ask your sculpture what it does and the gold men all reply in tiny, barely audible voices. True Knowledge

You find a job disposing of garbage again. You stay at it for a week and make 2 gold and 5 mana

Time to go find a bed for myself.  I'll probably spend a day or two more, talking with people and hugging those who need hugs.  Then it'll be time to find another caravan and buy a ticket going west.

You sigh and start out to find another inn. You get maybe 20 feet out the door before the leader of the Caravan you were traveling with runs down the road. When he sees you he smiles and skids to a stop. He thanks you for letting everyone know to get out of the Inn they were in, saying that without your warning many people would have burnt to death. He offers to put you up in the new inn they're staying and take you as far as you want to go for free.

Spend the night by the artifacter grave. Try to crawl under a sheet of metal if I can, stay out of sight.

Then:

Go to Yttria, skirting the Artifacter Grave's North side. Hire a guide if so advised.

The night passes uneventfully, save for a few nerve-racking moments where noises from somewhere out in the dark woke you up. You continue down to Yttria and find the town to be little more than a ruin. The town itself isn't very big, maybe 3 dozen buildings with a road that neatly splits it in half. They're all wooden, now dried to tinder, and most are completely abandoned. There's only one building that shows any real signs of life: a two story tall bar and inn that sits along that main road.

Can't do much but wait it out. Try to learn more about what this thing is or does through the use of my senses while waiting.

Once/if it passes and goes away, we sneak onward.

Keep with Darwin. What do my barbarian senses tell me about these annoying grinding noises?

The grinding noise seems to hover there for a moment before continuing on past, moving downstream, in the direction you were going to go. After it has faded into the the distance, Rufus leans in and whispers "Fossil Vampire".

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 22, 2017, 09:08:16 am »

Can I start existing as part of a cabal that lets me join? If I can't, then just start near any player or group of players.

Can channelers extract mana from NPC?
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #579 on: October 22, 2017, 09:17:44 am »

Can I start existing as part of a cabal that lets me join? If I can't, then just start near any player or group of players.

Can channelers extract mana from NPC?
Yes.

and Yes.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 22, 2017, 09:23:15 am »

Moghorn stares back at the mountains of contraptions and trinkets behind him, making a mental note to return and plunder it. He sighs, and turns to the tavern.

Enter the tavern, wary of an ambush. This is the deep, lawless South. Try and engage a guide to the pillars of lead.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 22, 2017, 09:26:27 am »

I guess I just need someone to let me join.
So does anyone wants to invite me to their cabal?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 22, 2017, 09:39:57 am »

I don't have one, but we could make one, especially if you don't mind doing a lot of travelling.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 22, 2017, 09:46:00 am »

((You are more than welcome to join our merry band of adventurers. There's three players in our little gaggle (and 1 npc) and at the moment we're focused on adventuring. (Unless, Pan and Egan, you guys would prefer not to take in more people right now?)

One problem however is that we're currently inside a cave complex searching for sweet treasure, so actually joining us might be a problem. As I see it you have three options:
1) take over the npc we have with us if PW is ok with it. This is what Egan did as well, his character Behiar was an npc scribe we had recruited over which he ASSUMED DIRECT CONTROL.
2) ask pw if it's ok to just appear near us with a new character. Would be a bit weird though.
3) spawn in the game world and wait for a little while until we're out of that cave, then join us. You could explore one of the nearby settlements for example, perhaps even find us a possible next adventure?))

The grinding noise seems to hover there for a moment before continuing on past, moving downstream, in the direction you were going to go. After it has faded into the the distance, Rufus leans in and whispers "Fossil Vampire".

We sneak onward. Ask Rufus if he can tell me more about what this thing is, but only if we can whisper quietly enough. If he motions to stay silent, do so.

Should that bloody thing continue to block our path, is there any way around it?

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:02:29 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 22, 2017, 12:25:23 pm »

((You are more than welcome to join our merry band of adventurers. There's three players in our little gaggle (and 1 npc) and at the moment we're focused on adventuring. (Unless, Pan and Egan, you guys would prefer not to take in more people right now?)
Since you are inside a cave then just appearing inside would be weird yeah.

I would like to just spawn close to a lone character or another channeler then.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 203