Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 359907 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: The Death of Magic
« Reply #525 on: September 03, 2017, 11:08:04 am »

Feel the letters, see if I can get the word/words they spell. Say nothing out loud. Memorise the location and symbols if I can, but go on to Fearce regardless.

Once on the outskirts of Fearce, draw the word(s) in the ground, provided I am clueless what they do, and stand well back.

Provided nothing happens, go into Fearce, look at the prices of Black Flux, buy a contained lightning battery if I can afford and carry one. Also look for a fist-sized crystal and Alchemist's tools.

Spoiler: Moghorn (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 03, 2017, 01:26:46 pm »

>(1v8)

*Throws controller*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #527 on: September 05, 2017, 09:02:11 am »

"Adam, I'm worried that I'm in over my head here. Are you sure I should keep trying? Maybe I should just go home..."

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
missed me
The spirit shrugs-a difficult action for a liver- and whispers "If desired. But they will have others. Others to the deep. Less ready. Less capable."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 05, 2017, 12:02:32 pm »

"Then... I guess I'll do it... but I need to be more ready than I am. What do you think I need? You seem to know a lot about this."

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 05, 2017, 01:44:25 pm »

"Well shit.

I guess we better go down and see if... where she washes up. Écalir, I think you might be better suited for this than we are."

Move down to the cave floor once Écalir has tied that rope. Assuming he doesn't swan dive into the murky depths as well.

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 05, 2017, 09:15:32 pm »

écalir nods gravely and begins his descent

Go by rufus' original plan, namely "One of us will have to lower themselves down on a rope and swing back and forth, to try and at least see the edges of the river. If they can see them, then we can give them slack at the right time and sort of cast them out to the side. Then the rest of us can use the rope to get to that wall."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 05, 2017, 09:37:29 pm »

Wait for the drawing, then go looking for any arenas to try and get free body parts. Or check whatever passes for a hospital here to see if they have any uninfected or otherwise diseased amputated limbs I could use. If I succeed in getting the materials this turn, make my sculpture.

Spoiler: Aurum (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 07, 2017, 02:33:46 am »

Your mind goes almost exclusively to the stories of rebellion that ended quite poorly, being crushed as soon as Alkahest decided they were a threat. [...] You then tell them to spread the word in a way that is rather obvious and, you hope, will get the interest of the Alki enforcers lazing about.

Wonderful.  This is going to go just beautifully, I can tell.

Bring the speech to a close, repeating my suggestion of spreading the word, but emphasizing that it should be done with care.  Mingle with the crowd a bit afterward, looking for people who seem more incensed than the others, the ones who were visibly angry and ready to riot.  If the guy I had previously talked to isn't there, just find someone else who seems talkative and stupid.  Repeat my previous strategy of asking them to show me around town; this time, I want to focus on the more commercial areas, going shopping.  Here's a list of things I want to buy:

Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #533 on: September 10, 2017, 12:26:48 pm »

Feel the letters, see if I can get the word/words they spell. Say nothing out loud. Memorise the location and symbols if I can, but go on to Fearce regardless.

Once on the outskirts of Fearce, draw the word(s) in the ground, provided I am clueless what they do, and stand well back.

Provided nothing happens, go into Fearce, look at the prices of Black Flux, buy a contained lightning battery if I can afford and carry one. Also look for a fist-sized crystal and Alchemist's tools.

You run your fingers over the letters but can make no sense of them. However you get the sense that the tablet is magical in nature; maybe useless to you but probably quite valuable to another. You memorize the location as best you can, though "In the middle of the desert with no major landmarks" is sort of a difficult place to pinpoint. In any case you move on to Fearce. You scribblings in the dirt elicit no response; maybe the word is incomplete? You couldn't feel everything in there, just a small amount so its possible you only got a bit of it.

Disappointed, you move into Fearce, descending into the undercity and then up into the massive tangle of catwalks and landings around the downed titanic machine that took up most of the city. You search through shops, wandering around until you think you've found the best price on each item you need. Black Flux is cheap enough, 1 gold gets you a cask of the stuff as big as your torso. The lightning batteries come in different sizes but you find one about the size of your fist for 2 gold. Crystals are a bit harder to find but you find a shop selling natural crystal prisms that no doubt have some technical use you aren't aware of. You ask about a raw crystal, so as to avoid paying for some technical doo-dad, and he offers you one of the right size for 5 gold.  Alchemists tools are easy enough to find, especially if you don't care too much about their quality. Cheapest set you can find is 5 gold.

>(1v8)

*Throws controller*

You manage to bob up to the surface. You're still blind in the darkness and moving rapidly downstream but at least you can breathe.

"Then... I guess I'll do it... but I need to be more ready than I am. What do you think I need? You seem to know a lot about this."

"They will give breath beneath the water on the way down, way up they will not...no. Free the chained god they feed on. Shackled with cold iron."

Wait for the drawing, then go looking for any arenas to try and get free body parts. Or check whatever passes for a hospital here to see if they have any uninfected or otherwise diseased amputated limbs I could use. If I succeed in getting the materials this turn, make my sculpture.

Spoiler: Aurum (click to show/hide)

The drawing is easy. The limbs...less so. You find the place where the sick and injured go; a temple to some god of healing and medicine or whatnot. They seem to be more of the "Pray and use herbal remedies" than "Cut off the infected limb" kinds of people. Its too bad it needs to come from a living person, there are plenty of corpses. There's no arena here...at least none that are openly advertised. There might be back alley fights...but you'd have to insinuate yourself with rather dangerous people to find out.

"Well shit.

I guess we better go down and see if... where she washes up. Écalir, I think you might be better suited for this than we are."

Move down to the cave floor once Écalir has tied that rope. Assuming he doesn't swan dive into the murky depths as well.

écalir nods gravely and begins his descent

Go by rufus' original plan, namely "One of us will have to lower themselves down on a rope and swing back and forth, to try and at least see the edges of the river. If they can see them, then we can give them slack at the right time and sort of cast them out to the side. Then the rest of us can use the rope to get to that wall."

[10v3]
Eclair shimmies down the rope and, with tarzan like grace, swings back and forth until he sees the other side of the cavern in his lamplight. He waits till he is at the appex of a swing and then shouts up for them to give him slack. He tows the rope to the side of the river, landing on the bank with a roll and pops up to his feet a moment later. He sets an iron spike into the stone and then ties the rope around it, forming a line from the chasm to the edge of the river.

Your mind goes almost exclusively to the stories of rebellion that ended quite poorly, being crushed as soon as Alkahest decided they were a threat. [...] You then tell them to spread the word in a way that is rather obvious and, you hope, will get the interest of the Alki enforcers lazing about.

Wonderful.  This is going to go just beautifully, I can tell.

Bring the speech to a close, repeating my suggestion of spreading the word, but emphasizing that it should be done with care.  Mingle with the crowd a bit afterward, looking for people who seem more incensed than the others, the ones who were visibly angry and ready to riot.  If the guy I had previously talked to isn't there, just find someone else who seems talkative and stupid.  Repeat my previous strategy of asking them to show me around town; this time, I want to focus on the more commercial areas, going shopping.  Here's a list of things I want to buy:

Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)
You talk with the more...adamant bunch of supporters and then take your already loyal bodyguard on a shopping trip.

You get everything except the doctor's bag, WWM, and the robes. You ask for robes that are protective and pay a bit extra for a seamstress to sew some light metal plates into the lining of the robe in such a way that it will protect your most vital areas and won't be obvious. It will take a day or two to complete, however. You spend a total of 30 gold on everything, with the robe being the biggest drain.  You're walking out of the shop when you notice one of the local lord's goons loitering near by.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 10, 2017, 12:49:32 pm »

Not like I can see much in perfect lighting anyway. Get to the riverbank and climb up, and try to relight my lantern.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 10, 2017, 02:20:09 pm »

((Gonna assume Rufus and me followed Écalir down, since you quoted that action.))

"Écalir, the spirit of monkey flows within you. Come, let us go find our less fortunate friend before the denizens of the deep find her first." the shaman whispers.

Leave the rope so we can follow it back up later. Sense if there's any danger/murdershrimp nearby, try to go around them if I detect any while we make our way upstream. Try to locate where Behiar is, but keep a low profile, we don't wanna attract any more attention than we probably already did.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 02:21:47 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 12, 2017, 11:59:16 am »

Black Flux is cheap enough, 1 gold gets you a cask of the stuff as big as your torso. The lightning batteries come in different sizes but you find one about the size of your fist for 2 gold. Crystals are a bit harder to find but you find a shop selling natural crystal prisms that no doubt have some technical use you aren't aware of. You ask about a raw crystal, so as to avoid paying for some technical doo-dad, and he offers you one of the right size for 5 gold.  Alchemists tools are easy enough to find, especially if you don't care too much about their quality. Cheapest set you can find is 5 gold.
Moghorn buys the above items (transactions already recorded) though tries to get slightly less black flux for ease of transport. He then travels down the road to Ligne, and going cross-country skirts the Artifacter Grave to Yttria, where he attempts to employ a guide to the nearest pillar of lead.

[/quote]
One wheel short of a wagon

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 12, 2017, 12:13:21 pm »

"Hmmm, I'll need a powerful acid then, for the chains, and a hammer to finish the job. Also how will I get air... hmmmm...."
Muse on the issue, I should already know normal prices for chemicals, so I should be able to guess if I have the money to cover my task. Adam might have further input too...

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 12, 2017, 12:44:58 pm »

"I could go for a banana right about now, honestly. Spelunking is hungry work."

Help Darwin and Rufus down, if they aren't down already. Regardless, follow Darwin's lead and also keep a look out for murdershrimp, danger and/or Behiar.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 15, 2017, 02:49:41 pm »

Try to magically heal the man with the gaping chest wound through use of the Ape word.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 203